Willow

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
this is gonna sound crazy, but i never saw Willow at least not completely. i saw parts of it a bunch of times on HBO as a kid and it never got me into the movie enough to watch the whole thing. its pretty cool they have the original star reprising his role and he's a ginger. maybe they decided not to include the wise obese black woman who saves the day in the trailer. how the fuck did this scoot under the Disney radar without a diversity hire? eh i'll check it out and maybe even watch the original movie if this turns out decent.

Dude, I am going to watch this because I loved Willow and the trailer looked good; HOWEVER, everyone in the main cast is a non-white male except for the little person lead who is the eponymous hero and their nostalgia bait.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
Isnt Kilmer in a terrible state of health? i dont think he could do this if he wanted to.
AFAIK he lost his voice due to throat cancer of some kind. Kilmer is exceptionally reluctant to even be seen. He is cured of the cancer though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Without someone like Val Kilmer there to balance out the strong woman/whiny Peck tone of Willow it would've been intolerable. He and the brownies made the movie a classic not Davis.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Without someone like Val Kilmer there to balance out the strong woman/whiny Peck tone of Willow it would've been intolerable. He and the brownies made the movie a classic not Davis.

It's too bad he can't talk anymore or I am sure he would have been in it. Man that poor guy has been through the shit.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well that looks better than I expected, bar was low but still it looks pretty good.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, Kilmer can barely talk. Afaik, Iceman's condition in the new Top Gun was pretty close to how he really is (not dying, but unable to speak much at all).

Funny, I just rewatched Willow for the first time in 20 plus years. I had really fond memories of it, but frankly it didn't hold up that well. Wasn't awful or anything, but not an amazing movie beyond some cool conceptual stuff and some great characters.

The rumor behind it was that George Lucas originally wanted to make all of the heroes in Star Wars midgets, but the studio basically said fuck no to that. So when Lucas wrote the story that was the basis for Willow, he finally got his midget fetish out.

Anyway, the world was pretty cool and I don't see why it wouldn't make for an interesting TV series, except for the fact that it's Disney, and I detest Disney

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Willow on the NES was really good too. One of my fav action RPGS along with Crystalis.

• 6Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
After Andor, I'm tempted to not watch this till it is completely out.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Someone watch this for me so I don’t have to have more dreams shattered.
You would think after GoT, WoT, and the Tolkien stuff Disney would have an epiphany and say, “fuck we better do this right” hire Sanderson to check the script!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I turned it off halfway through episode 1. It’s full of so much woke bullshit and nothing to do with Willow. And that’s saying a lot because I’ll watch almost anything.

• 4Like
  • 2WTF
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 8 users