Willow

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
I turned it off halfway through episode 1. It’s full of so much woke bullshit and nothing to do with Willow. And that’s saying a lot because I’ll watch almost anything.

Your right. Shit this is the most damning review I've ever seen written. Holy hell Willow what the fuck did you do.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I made it through the first episode. It was shit tier. Didn't bother with the second episode. Only good thing was the ogre and wizard fucking up that gay ass town.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
Ep1 wasn't *completely* terrible, other than the entirely outrageous overacting.

Probably works as a dumb kids show, but I don't have any burning desire to watch the rest of it.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Did watch the original Willow a bit beforehand, and yeah the original is very geared towards children. It's just a kids movie, and the only reason to watch it is for some nostalgia. so in that sense this show follows suit only that it's more contemporary (woke). but basically it just nullifies most of the ending of the first movie: they saved the child of prophesy but guess what, there's another threat to the child that they now have to protect her from, and for some reason they decide to keep her ignorant of her past.

• 1Like

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Not as a harsh review as earlier.

It's very simple, and Disney-fied so to speak. Everything is clean and tidy.

I don't care so much about casting, but the acting is a bit overdone for sure.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So on a scale of Jeremiah Johnson to Steven Universe, how gay is this show exactly? Are we talking Netflix levels or worse?

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
We plan on starting this series this weekend. The kids have not seen the movie, so we are watching that tonight.

Any thoughts on the first few episodes?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
First two episodes felt very Willow. Dunno how else to describe it. Definitely feels like an 80s script not taking itself too seriously. If you can get over some gay characters and a retcon to a children's movie ending you will be fine.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Screenshotted>
First two episodes felt very Willow. Dunno how else to describe it. Definitely feels like an 80s script not taking itself too seriously. If you can get over some gay characters and a retcon to a children's movie ending you will be fine.

I love how the tone of this response is similar to how one would reassure someone who's nervous about their first proctologist appointment. "If soandso, you'll make it through ok."

Cybsled

It’s honestly not bad. Willow wasn’t some masterpiece, it was a fun kids fantasy movie from the 80s. The show tries to preserve that. Outside the one princess who likes girls, I didn’t see much for this board to get triggered by.

After 2 episodes, it seems like their intent is to mirror Willow’s journey with
Elora. I did like how they didn’t make them some Mary Sue and they’re clearly trying to go against standard “chosen one” tropes by making her pretty bad at everything except cooking .

• 1Dislike
  • 1SchwarzeNeg
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I love how the tone of this response is similar to how one would reassure someone who's nervous about their first proctologist appointment. "If soandso, you'll make it through ok."
ron swanson GIF

Will....ooooow.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

This doesn't work on me because I had a neighbor who got their colon perforated during a routine exam. It's a story that stays with you.

• 1Rustled

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
This doesn't work on me because I had a neighbor who got their colon perforated during a routine exam. It's a story that stays with you.
My proctologist didn't do that. They just scheduled the video camera up the ass procedure and I got a very good nap for an hour or so when that went down. No joke, those drugs are 100% awesome. Tiny sting when they put them in, then 5 seconds later it's an hour later and you get to feel good for a couple hours while you come back down.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Odds are greatly against this.

Starting with lazy writing and direction decisions implies it'll get worse.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
The (initial) main girl, the princess, is your cookie cutter insufferable badly written female lead. Basically the same character in actions and attitude as She-Hulk. ME ME ME ME, a very flat character

With that out of the way, it's not bad with being just 2 episodes in. It somehow doesn't take itself serious but does. Looks good at a smooth 4k and 60FPS. Yes I turned on smoothing and love the frame rate even though it looks like a soap opera now, fight me console peasant.

3/5

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Its "okay" I ... guess? Theres a small bit of agenda pusing with lesbian kissing. As soon as I saw this cunt:
licensed-image

I already knew what to expect. She hates white people (shocker), yet always signs up for the roles where shes surrounded by white people. Dumb cunt.

The show could be better, but I dont think its terrible. I dont know how to describe it, but the show gives off the exact same.. production quality, vibe... maybe? I think thats what I would call it - as Xena, Princess Warrior, or the Kevin Sorbo's Hercules, or Merlin. Ive heard the style described as "whimsical" before. So yes, very much a show that probably just isnt going to take itself seriously at all at any one point. Though, I never really expected this series to be amazing anyways.

• 1Like

The Morrigan

Potato del Grande
The show is okay. Nothing great. Makes decent background entertainment while working out. It's not so deep and involved that you have to catch every last bit of dialogue. Definitely in line with the original. Those complaining about "wokeness" need to man up. Oh no, two girls kissed and I see characters with pigment to their skin. Everyone flip the fuck out!!! It's tired. Get a life.

• 3Edgelord
  • 2Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
The show is okay. Nothing great. Makes decent background entertainment while working out. It's not so deep and involved that you have to catch every last bit of dialogue. Definitely in line with the original. Those complaining about "wokeness" need to man up. Oh no, two girls kissed and I see characters with pigment to their skin. Everyone flip the fuck out!!! It's tired. Get a life.
Says the Xuy with a Biden avatar. Lulz get fucked

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users