Windows 11

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Ive upgraded 4 of my devices to windows 11 and like it so far - my main machine isnt on it but that may change shortly. Thus far it has run flawlessly and gamed with no issues.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
My first issues with 11, having some problems with background processes when doing things like streaming. The preview on Twitch Studio is choppy (but Stream isn't), and the camera processed by Nvidia Broadcast gets choppy / freezes unless I alt tab to it, then it's fine for a few minutes and does the same. Using raw cam feed is fine.

Have submitted feedback and am continuing to troubleshoot, otherwise for the most part 11 has been solid. On the dev branch, so could start to see some more issues here and there as they continue development.

Airisch

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Windows 11 will officially be the trigger for me to swap all my machines to linux for good.

• 1Like
  • 1Bullshit
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
SO I just got the update for the most stable build in the windows update page. Is it worth it at all to go ahead and install it or should I just wait? It's part of the release preview channel.

Oldbased

> Than U
I must be in a cave or some shit. Wasn't even aware of Win11. Was looking at laptops the other night and saw Windows11 as the OS and I was like WTF

Oldbased

> Than U
Seems fucking crazy to have a high end pc but not windows 11 compatible.
Apparently if I decided I want it I have to spend $50 on a MSI TPM module to go on the TPM header on my gaming motherboard.
Probably because it was designed for gaming it didn't come with that shit.
Oh well Windows 10 is supported until 2025 the FAQ said.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
the x files seriously GIF by HULU

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Seems fucking crazy to have a high end pc but not windows 11 compatible.
Apparently if I decided I want it I have to spend $50 on a MSI TPM module to go on the TPM header on my gaming motherboard.
Probably because it was designed for gaming it didn't come with that shit.
Oh well Windows 10 is supported until 2025 the FAQ said.
Might be supported by the CPU. AMD Ryzen has (fTpm?) that doesnt need a separate module and can be enabled in the BIOS. Would imagine Intel has something similar.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Might be supported by the CPU. AMD Ryzen has (fTpm?) that doesnt need a separate module and can be enabled in the BIOS. Would imagine Intel has something similar.
Thanks much my dude.
I knew my cpu had TPM2.0 but I went over the bios multiple times and never saw it in ezmode or advanced or even expert.
Not sure why I didn't bother to check security tab instead of MB/CPU settings. Probably because there was a 100 settings to adjust but for whatever reason MSI put cpu TPM in it's own little option off on it's own.
PC now shows fully windows 11 ready.

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
Alright managed to upgrade by selecting the insider preview channel. So who the fuck is working on basic taskbar customization? Can I move the clock back to the left side where I had the fucking thing previously?

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Alright managed to upgrade by selecting the insider preview channel. So who the fuck is working on basic taskbar customization? Can I move the clock back to the left side where I had the fucking thing previously?

No. Taskbar has to stay on the bottom now.

• 1Mother of God

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No. Taskbar has to stay on the bottom now.
I submitted feedback about the taskbar and the win-x keys. Someone looks at the feedback fwiw. Claimed they're working on returning some functionality like that. Not being able to move the taskbar will be a deal breaker for some upper management where I work, so I hope they charge it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users