Winter 2016/2017 Anime

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Malkav

French Madman
Wait there are 11 episodes? I couldn't find any past 8 on nyaa.se. Where are you watching?

Search the original name on Nyaa : "Youjo Senki"

Easiest grab usually is to check HorribleSubs website : http://horriblesubs.info/ . They use nyaa as tracker, but at least you can check the daily releases quickly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't see any point to torrenting anymore honestly. You can stream any anime easily, either legally or illegally, and you don't open yourself up to potential legal issues that torrents have. I'm sure we've already had this discussion before though.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm pretty sure Fuuka's 12th episode was its last. It became every other romance style show. They were happy at the end. PS - Fuuka didn't die.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Shit was dumb as fuck, can't believe I wasted my time watching it every week. Whatever, I need a few pieces of braindead garbage every season.

• 1Like

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Well the manga seems pretty fucking stupid too from what was spoilered here. I'm not sure I like either version.

Also, mentioning this because last time I brought it up, the post got two whole likes.

Fan Service Episode #19 - Virgin Killers

Anime podcast/show from the makers of RWBY. Normally behind their paywall, but they are doing like a signup drive this week, so first taste is free. I think it just lasts until the end of the month, but I could be wrong. They talk about Dragon Maid ep10, and Tanya 8,9,10, and there's a very skippable segment about Konosuba called Cole Explains. They also brought Jessica Nigri on as a guest, and she cosplays as Lucoa because boobs. And she brought outfits for the rest of the guys, so if you've ever wanted to see a dude wearing a virgin killer sweater and not much else, here's your chance.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I watched a little of the Fan Service thing you linked, McShrimp. It introduced me to the Dragon Maid show. "Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon". I downloaded it, thinking my daughter would like watching the little girl eat things like crabs and butterflies, but the show is actually decent. I'm enjoying it. Just thought I would share an otherwise skipped anime. 11 episodes are currently available.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
It ain't a bad show, it has its cute and funny moments at all the right times and isn't purely fanservice garbage

• 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Kobayashi is probably the most popular show this season, from what I've seen around the internet. I liked it a lot.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there a Spring 2017 thread yet? New series start in about 1-2 weeks apparently.

AniChart

Looking over that list:
(Must watch)
Attack on Titan
Hero Academy
Shingeki no Bahamut
Boruto
Berserk 2

(Curious about)
Seikaisuru Kado
Sin Nanatsu no Taizai (tits)
Dan Machi spin-off (Aiz's POv)
Clockwork Planet

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is there anywhere to watch Ordinal Scale yet? Just did a rewatch of SAO, craving more now.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I haven't seen it linked yet. But it'll make it up eventually.

EDIT: I found a link, but it's a camera video with Japanese audio only. No English subtitles. Spoilering it anyway.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
The abridged versions of Dragonball, Hellsing, and SAO have forever ruined the original series for me

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
So I'm avoiding checking out the manga til after the season is over but I'm rather curious to see what happens in Tanya's final episode. Assuming the ending of the episode was supposed to be something akin to Dunkirk, I can only assume that a Normandy type invasion is to come. However, Dunkirk is on France's northern shore which is also where the Normandy invasion took place. The show made it look like (I think? might need to rewatch the episode) the evacuation is taking place on the southern coast.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
So I'm avoiding checking out the manga til after the season is over but I'm rather curious to see what happens in Tanya's final episode. Assuming the ending of the episode was supposed to be something akin to Dunkirk, I can only assume that a Normandy type invasion is to come. However, Dunkirk is on France's northern shore which is also where the Normandy invasion took place. The show made it look like (I think? might need to rewatch the episode) the evacuation is taking place on the southern coast.

The french leadership was evacuating from Brest in last week episode, which is at the western tip of Bretagne.

Google Maps

The fight earlier in the episode was above the sea off the coast of Belgium, not that far of Dunkirk though.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Ok I see where I was confused, went back and re-watched the scene and the camera pans from the northern coast down to the Mediterranean (about 17:45 on Crunchyroll). Guess I missed the part where it starts at the top.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The abridged versions of Dragonball, Hellsing, and SAO have forever ruined the original series for me

There's an abridged version of Dragonball? What is SAO also?

• 1Like