Winter 2018/2019 Anime Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 2 Votes
Title: The Quintessential Quintuplets

Genre: Animation, Comedy

First aired: 2019-01-11

Creator: Satoshi Kuwahara, Keiichirou Ohchi

Overview: Fuutarou Uesugi is a poor, antisocial ace student who one day meets the rich transfer student Itsuki Nakano. They argue but when Uesugi realizes he is to be her tutor, he tries to get on better terms. While trying to do so he meets four other girls.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Sunday:

* Kouya no Kotobuki Hikoutai | Fighter Pilots protecting a blimp that carries goods. It was a surprisingly decent show. CGI graphics. I'll watch the 2nd episode.

* Ueno-san wa Bukiyou | 11 minute show. Inventors club. Girl wants guy, but he's too dense to notice. She makes risque creations just to show off.

* Manaria Friends | 15 minute show. There's this Dragonbourne chick that's dripping with sex while attending a school. The human girl is pretty klutzy. The school teaches magic to girls of all types. I saw elf ears.

Monday:

* Saint Seiya – Saintia Shou | Little girls are in a snow white fairy tail with a poisoned apple (it's not poisoned, but a snake is hiding in it). Then they're a little older and one does Karate to become stronger. It's not a good show. It also feels like Sailor Moon.

* Dororo | Same company and animation style as Magelo Boxing. Person has katana hands. Shogun guy donates his son for demons to control the realm, but son survives. Son slowly hunts down the demons to regain the stolen pieces of himself.

* Mob Psycho 100 S2 | It's all about crazy psychics. I'm watching this one.

* Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken | Slime is the best. This is the 2nd half of the first season.

* Pastel Memories | In Akihabara, there's a shop where cute girls dress like maids to sell tea/coffe and anime/manga. But suddenly the world stopped producing anime and manga, so the otaku culture dried up almost over night. Akihabara is now a regular city. This show is to find the long missing issues of an old manga that the maid girls are dressed like. Then in the last 5 minutes, the show changes. It's now a show about fighting a virus found in all of the old anime/manga, and that's what caused producers to stop making them. Or something. So there's time travel and shit. Really wasn't expecting that.

Tuesday:

* Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita! | This girl makes cosplay outfits. Her younger sister is usually the model until she brings home her friend from school. Older sister develops an instant crush on the friend and wants her to wear all of the cosplay outfits. She makes the friend sweets as payment for wearing the outfits.

* Ame-iro Cocoa – Side G | 2 minute show. high quality animation.

* 3D Kanojo Real Girl | School's hottest girl likes dorky kid but will only date for a limited time. I found season 1 good, so I'm going to stick with season 2 as well.

* Rinshi!! Ekoda-chan | The animation is god awful. My daughter (7) can draw better. There's alsu nudity for some reason, even though the characters might as well be clothed. There's no difference with art style. Show is only 3:30, but don't waste your time anyway.

Wednesday:

* Yakusoku no Neverland | A darker show in the same vein as "Made in Abyss", that involves the death of children. First episode sets the scene, but also leaves a lot open for the future. Time will tell where this show goes. Monsters & Harvesting people for food.

* Kemurikusa | Kids on an island that has no water, until they find some behind a fake wall. Then there's red bugs that kill the kids, but the kids try to kill the red bugs first. This is a pretty bad show.

* Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue | An light novel writer has some trouble when both of his parents die suddenly. He's forced to live on his own (in their house) after the accident, and he finds a cat while visiting their grave. He decides to keep the cat and use it as inspiration for his books. It's a slice of life story. Half of it is the writer's perspective. The other half is from the cat. It's a "cute" show.

* Meiji Tokyo Renka | Girl lost all of her friends because she can hear ghosts (and talks with them). She walks past a magician performing on stage, and gets roped into his act. He puts her in a chest to make her disappear. And she awakens in a new world, some time in the past. Going from cell phones to horse drawn carriages. It's a love story. Every time she meets this guy, a piano plays. Pass.

* Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari | Shield Warrior. I really enjoyed the first episode, so I plan on sticking with this one.

* Virtual-san wa Miteiru | This looks like an anime made out of Second Life. This is garbage. It's like someone had the idea of making Second Life into a reality show, and that's what this is trying to be. Fuck.

Thursday:

* Dimension High School | It's live action, but also CGI graphics. The 5 guys are pulled into "anime world" by some rock one of them found, and if they solve the riddle, they're back in real life world again. I don't care about this type of show, so I skipped through, then turned it off.

* Girly Air Force | This is some really dumb shit. China (The Xi) has some futuristic planes that don't follow any logic at all, almost like watching a kid playing with a toy fighter jet. But now Japan has something that's the same! But girls have to pilot them. And the planes all glow the same color as the pilot's hair for reasons. What the fuck? First 5 minutes was enough for me to hate this show.

* Go-toubun no Hanayome | This is the Quintuplets show (the cover for this thread). The first episode was weak, but cute at the same time and I kind of like it. It's WAY better than that shit Girly Air Force, that's for sure. 5 wealthy cute girls start at a new school. They have bad grades, so the family gets them a tutor. The tutor is the very poor boy also in class that has immaculate grades and has encountered all 5 of the girls earlier, in one bad experience after another.

Friday:

* Boogiepop wa Warawanai | I'm not exactly sure what's going on with this series, but I do like it. 2 episodes in, and there's this female Manticore that's living inside the body of a student at some school. It kills people and eats some of them. There's a guy that's helping her out by luring other girls into the open so it can do what it needs with them. There's another girl that has multiple personalities, and one of them wants to kill the manticore. Lots of shit is going on, but it's interesting enough.

* Egao no Daika | Some 12 year old girl is a queen of her kingdom after the death of her parents. There's a video game where people do virtual Gundam style battles against one another. The show was lame, but the video game gundam style fighting was cool.

* Hinomaru Sumo | Continuing season 1. I really enjoy this show.

* Domestic na Kanojo | Dorky kid with new "cool" look begins high school. He and friends go out to a restaurant with the same number of girls. One is bitchy. He talks to her on the side, and she takes him home to fuck. They were both virgins. Now the cute teacher is also teasing him about being someone she could see herself with. The father decides to get re-married (mom died 10 years ago). The suiter comes to the house with her 2 daugthers. They are the girl the kid fucked as well as the teacher who was joking with him.

* Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka | Magical girl show. It was very bloody and violent. Cutting off limbs and what not. To be honest, the show didn't do much for me, so I'm going to pass on it. You may like it, so give it a shot.

* Grimms Notes The Animation | This is another Magical Girl style show, except the girl... is a boy. Transforms to a magical girl for fights, then transforms back. Go figure. I skipped through this, and don't feel like I missed anything. Very "kid friendly" animation. Every character is cute and happy, even the evil ones. This is a show for 9 year olds.

Saturday:

* Bermuda Triangle – Colorful Pastrale | Slice of life mermaid series. Right away I'm not interested, so I'll be skipping this one.

* Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai | Boy likes girl, girl likes boy. Neither can admit that to one another, so this show is a way for these two to "battle" one another in wits to get a confession from the other so they don't have to confess themselves. This does nothing for me.

* Sword Art Online – Alicization | Continuing season 3 of SAO. I'm still very interested.

* W’z | Beautifully animated show. Kids that are dressed nicely fight one another with weapons (swords and shit). There's also another character that's like a house DJ style guy. He doesn't know what he's doing with his life, but isn't sure how to solve the situation. I lost interest at this point.

* Endro | A bunch of young girls and young boys have magic and powers and use the abilities to fight against a Demon Lord. Do I still have your attention? Too bad, I lost it myself.

* Mini Toji | Regardless of what the show is about, I really don't like the "large head, small body CGI" graphics that make up this show. That's enough for me to not watch it. As such, I did not.

* Lord El-Melloi II Case Files | This show technically doesn't begin until July, but the 00 episode was

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Eh shield hero is tits, id put it leaps beyond Re:Zero and obliterates SAO.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Here's the interactive guide of everything.
AniChart

People are talking about Shield Hero, so here's a trailer:

Reading this guide of future anime, doesn't give me much interest. I've read the subjects on almost everything, and they all seem fairly dull.
Domestic na Kanojo (2nd column, 3rd row) looks dumb, but it might have enough to hold my attention. The guy actually sleeps with one of the daughters, so he isn't a complete anime nerd.
Kouya no Kotobuki Hikoutai (3rd column, 6th row) is about planes and having to trade with people to stay alive. I dunno, but I'll give it a shot.
Pastel Memories (3rd column, 7th row) said something about nerd girls playing an MMO to remind people to be nerds or something. I didn't read enough, but I'll try it.
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari (3rd column, 8th row) YES! It's another Slime style show. Nerd guy is summoned to a new world where he discovers he is one of 4 "heroes" with a legendary weapon. This is Shield Hero, the trailer posted above.
Yakusoku no Neverland (last anime of the 1st section) is about an orphanage with 3 smart kids and some dark secret world outside of the orphanage. Might be dumb, but I'll give it a shot. Maybe it'll be similar to Made in Abyss.

Hinomaru-Zumou (2nd column, 1st row of Leftovers) this is the Sumo anime that I'm enjoying so much. Glad to see it's getting a longer first season.
Sword Art Online: Alicization (4th column, 2nd row of Leftovers) nice. I knew this would keep going, as it's scheduled for over 40 episodes.
Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken (1st column, 3rd row of Leftovers) I didn't know Slime was continuing. That rules.

Made in Abyss is getting 2 movies that recap the 1st and 2nd half of Season 1. (next section)
Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka: Orion no Ya (4th column, 2nd row, Movie section) is the DanMachi movie. Love this show and light novel, so I'm looking forward to it.

Finally, looks like High Score Girl is getting 3 OVA's, which will make episode's 13-15 of the show. Hopefully this will "end" it, because episode 12 ended on a flat point.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Just a couple of anime series that I am interested in. Not that many. ;\ Anyone read any manga from these series that have recommendations?

• 1Like

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
In Domestic Na Kanojo he actually nails both the daughters.

Shield bro should be good, maybe they will stick closer to the light novel then the manga which would be good.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Gonna directly add the chart to the thread.

Winter.jpg

• 1Like

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So Radiant, karakuri circus, Slime, and can't wait to see how Promised Neverland plays out in animation form. Tough kimetsu would be out in Jan, guess it is spring.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Boogiepop trailer looked good.
Domestic na Kanojo might be a good harem/romance.
Dororo period piece. If it has good action I'm in.
Doukyonin looks like it might be ok.
Fukigen - I'm in, enjoyed S1.
Kemurikusa - Might be ok, scifi.
MOB PSYCHO 100 IS BACK!!!!!
Piano no Mori is so good.
Tate no Yuusha - Still liking the died/woke up in a new world genre.
Hinomaru S2 - Fuck yeah!
Radiant S2 - Fuck yeah!
SAO Alicization S2 - Fuck yeah!
Slime S2 - Fuck yeah!

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream

Was there somehow a 2nd season that I never realized? Or did they rename from Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash to Illusion and Ash?

Either way, if any of you haven't seen Grimgar yet, you NEED to watch it. That show was great. Real loser starting off in EQ kind of getting your shit pushed in vibe. It was glorious.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Definitely watching Mob and will give Shield Hero a try. I'll keep watching Slime and SAO, but nothing else catches my interest so far.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Bump on this thread. The new season is starting in the next week or two, so be on the look out for the new shows.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malkav

French Madman
Was rechecking the chart in order to update my Sonaar, and I think I'm definitely watching Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Hmm, interesting. Magical Girl shit doesn't usually doesn't do anything for me unless the story is really crazy, but I'll give it a shot. Not the fake blood splatter kind either.

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Upcoming Anime in 2019. ReZero, Konasuba, One Punch Man and more.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users
TV show information provided by The Movie Database