Winter 2018 Anime Thread

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
But because he was a programmer, he can see the info from everyone else? I guess?
He can see the info from everyone else because
he has subconcious access to the "Dragon Mana Network" which encompasses the whole planet. It's a combination of automated helper, mana power and information network. That and the whole magic system was created by the dragon god for ease of use by mortals.
Satou has subconcious access to it because
the dragon god who created the magic system (and other stuff) was his wife from multiple previous lifetimes, and he remembers some stuff unconciously. He unlocks more and more memories and powers the more fragments of the demon god he retrieves on his own way to godhood.
Biggest spoiler:
he presumably kills her in the meteor shower in episode 1, hence the title Godkiller.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Score. I found the first 3 light novels up on Nyaa from a guy named Darkmeep. He puts up so many LN's. I saw that Amazon has the 4th one (for kindle), and the 5th is due out on May 22nd. Nice. I'll be able to jump into them within the next few months.

Malkav

French Madman
Just watched B:The Beginning that was just released on Netflix as an exclusive. That was pretty interesting.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
FranXX was kind of meh this time. But I did like the acid that only melted the girl's parasite suits and the anger they had of the boys seeing their vajays,

They do good fan service. Trouble is a brewing though because Kokomoko or whatever her name is kept the childbirth book from the old women's clinic they found. I am under the impression that Nana and Dr. FranXX specifically withhold all knowledge of male/female relations and sex for some reason. Also Ikuno is prob a dyke.

Zero Two getting a white suit like everyone else though? I DO NOT APPROVE!

Last edited:

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Ikuno isn't a dyke, she just has gayboy as her pilot. I enjoyed this ep for the hijinks. Can't be all grimdark every episode. I think this is going to take at least another season to finish properly. There's still the ultra guys from where Zero Two came from, and a lot of backstory to fill in on why humans fled the surface.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
At this point you can guess that Papa and the adults are pretty much evil, but I expect a classic Trigger twist introducing an enemy even beyond that.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Franxx had some quality lulz this week. Definitely hoping for a second season as they don't really have enough episodes left this season to have any kind of satisfying story.

I've been stuck with extended shifts at work for the last few days so I started binging Madoka Magica on a whim. Only 2 episodes left and it definitely lives up to it's reputation. Shit is pretty fucked up.

Fadaar

That guy
Franxx had some quality lulz this week. Definitely hoping for a second season as they don't really have enough episodes left this season to have any kind of satisfying story.

I've been stuck with extended shifts at work for the last few days so I started binging Madoka Magica on a whim. Only 2 episodes left and it definitely lives up to it's reputation. Shit is pretty fucked up.

It's 25 or 26 eps, forget which but it's the usual length for the big Trigger shows

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
How is Grancrest a fucking Fate ripoff? Are you not confusing it with anything else?

• 1Worf

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Hmm really? I stopped watching it after a episode 3 when I realized it was basically a Fate ripoff.

Well the last couple of episodes have slowed the pacing down a bit(the first few were very fast and it was hard to keep up with who is who). This last episode had a Game of Thrones type moment? I guess you could call it that.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
If anything, Grancrest is a ripoff of Tales of Zestiria the X. Ripoff or not, though, I still like it.

I couldn't find a good subtitle trailer, so here's a dub.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
If anything, Grancrest is a ripoff of Tales of Zestiria the X. Ripoff or not, though, I still like it.

I couldn't find a good subtitle trailer, so here's a dub.

I just figured they were by the same company. Aren't they both about actual games?