Winter 2020 Anime Thread

Fadaar

That guy
I assume there's some explanation during the Zero wrapup as to why he never went back for Illya, and maybe her life wasn't quite as directly shitty as Sakura's, but it still seems like the most tragic out of all the characters of the Fifth War.

There's a really good reason

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Everything and almost everyone gets fucked in zero. It was written by the same guy that wrote madoka. Ilya has nothing on Kiritsugu as far as tragedy goes.

Fate is not a very happy franchise is it? lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Any time you guys mention Zero, I think of Re: Zero. A series that's playing (again) RIGHT NOW. So... yeah. It's also not happy.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean I don't need all my stories to end with rainbows and sunshine, but the Japanese really do like to tell stories that range anywhere from the grim to outright horrific.

• 1Solidarity

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
No complaints there. Its nice to see people lose from time to time, versus so many creators putting their Mary Sue's into their story and being god characters.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I mean I don't need all my stories to end with rainbows and sunshine, but the Japanese really do like to tell stories that range anywhere from the grim to outright horrific.

This is the sole reason to watch anime. Lovable characters die and sometimes the bad guys win. Even when they don't there are usually immense costs for the protagonists.

Trigun was one of the first anime series I ever watched and I will never forget when Nicholas Wolfwood dies.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You know that everyone who died in the fate universe likely got isekai'd? It's like aliens and the US except it's reincarnation and Japan.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Probably one of the weakest episodes of Interspecies Reviewers. It had some laughs, but overall kinda lame.

This week's episode of Dorehedoro was hilarious, really captures what made me read the manga. Shocking!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Probably one of the weakest episodes of Interspecies Reviewers. It had some laughs, but overall kinda lame.

This week's episode of Dorehedoro was hilarious, really captures what made me read the manga. Shocking!

I mean the 'haha turns out its not sexy at all' was an amusing enough reversal, especially with all the lamia and mermen perving out like crazy. They need to not overuse the 'embarrassed Meidri kicks the crap out of everyone' bit though because that is probably the single most overused trope in all of anime.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Broskandar best boy.

Also Lancer can't catch a break, ever. Fucking shittiest luck this guy has.

Malkav

French Madman
Lancer ga shinda is even a meme for TypeMoon themselves at this point.

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So I've been slowly infected by weebness and started watching Fate. Stay/night, Unlimited blade works, and Heaven's feel are retellings of the different storylines from the original VN right? Where would I go once I finish those three?
what made you goto fate this week? my wife also wanted to check out fate... i THINK it might be cuz she probably saw a blurb on part3 of heavens feel coming out soon... idk, she work through heavens feels and is now playing the visual novel.

if no one answered, it's not retellings it's the 3 different love story lines 2006 is saber, UBW is rin, and heavens feel is sakura.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'll get bored and binge youtube, and various shit from UBW and Zero is always showing up in top 10 lists, so I figure I've seen at least 50% of the story by now, might as well watch the rest.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well damn, they nailed the look of the first arc for sure. Guess I should throw some money at CR in thanks. Looks like they also got Noblesse and God of High School?