Winter 2020 Anime Thread

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It has a certain cleverness to it. I like how it throws all the typical tropes on end. The succubi are notorious for being the best sex symbols, yet in this show they're fucking horrible. Even though the elf is beautiful, most guys don't want to sleep with her because she's old. lol

Yeah lol. She may look 20 but she smells like old wood and she's 500 years old. How can you fuck that?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
RIP :(

If you've never watched DBZA do yourself a favor and do it, they cover the beginning of the series through Cell

• 2Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
There is a flood of 10/10 reviews on MyAnimeList for Ishuzoku Reviewers, making it not only top airing anime of the season, but ranked #2 total with 9.15, just after FMA: Brotherhood (9.22).

Fellow persons of culture stick together + Streisand effect. MAL also fucked up, because they did nothing for the botted 1/10 reviews for Chihayafuru S3 tanking the score from upper 8s to lower 7s, so they are between a rock and a hard place to prove they are not hypocrites.
Reason:

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
BOFURI may be the most realistic MMO anime I've seen.

Protag discovers a completely OP build, only to see it nerfed quickly after, complete with patch notes.

Being a pally in EQ this definitely appealed to me.

Under water battles made me have Kedge Flashbacks.....Haunted forest for Kith Forest flashbacks.

Great show.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
This seems too soon after being announced not too long ago last year. Please god don’t let this be all CG ala Berserk. I’m keeping my reservations on this till i see a clip.
Depends totally on the studio and production committee. For example the Beastars anime was announced 02/2019 (8 months before airing), but pre-productionf for it started shortly before Houseki no Kuni started airing, which was Fall 2017 IIRC. Also, anime studios are currently fully booked out three years in advance. There is also a distinct lack of talent in the industry, because pay is shit.

If you are lucky and the source material is the passion project of the studio/director (and he can find enough talent) then an adaptation will be great. If it's a "we do the show because we were pressured into it" situation, then the end result will usually come out not that great. See the difference between One Punch Man season 1 and 2.

Current example of a shows nobody had really high hopes for, but that turned out great nonetheless is "Bofuri" and "Ishuzoku Reviewers". The staff on the latter seems to have a lot of fun skirting around that dangerous hentai line as much as possible.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
but pre-productionf for it started shortly before Houseki no Kuni started airing, which was Fall 2017 IIRC.
gem manga is getting dark if anyone reads, the manga is grotesque? nastily? drawn but might as well finish this series and see where it goes.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
And then you have JC Staff ruining stuff like Index S3.
Top 10 anime betrayals.

On the other hand they probably got told what novels they had to adapt in that season, and so they had to rush through all of it.

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Maxing out defense makes you invincible? Sure.
Fully realized VR in an MMO game? Probably soonish.
Mysterious cyber-creature admins controlling the game? I mean, it is anime...

Guild/Party recruitment board only looking for DPS?

wtfpicard.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Malkav

French Madman
I love how she keeps discovering completely retarded things by comboing shit, ending with things like that flying turtle.

Truly what we call emergent gameplay.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
It is certainly a heck of a lot of fun. Being immune to level 1 monsters and taking a nap/meditation while getting jumped by 5 at a time. = tons of skill level ups. Immunity to poison because her defense is high enough to just outregen the paltry stings. Then capping it with potions vrs a high level monster. Love it. The whole take double damage by intercepting but double of zero is zero so.. Movement power hooooo!

I swear the writers must be guildies over the last 20 years of gaming.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This seems too soon after being announced not too long ago last year. Please god don’t let this be all CG ala Berserk. I’m keeping my reservations on this till i see a clip.
Well, they got how Rachel looks spot on, but Bamm seems a bit off of the current look and nowhere close to the first arcs. Just please be animated well.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Well, they got how Rachel looks spot on, but Bamm seems a bit off of the current look and nowhere close to the first arcs. Just please be animated well.
well, especially when you've been seeing this thumbnail (of the series) for like 5+ years
untitled-11.png

but then SIU's been drawing them for 10years, styles change, heck in terms of manga/manhwa, technology changes most is all done on tablet computers now.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
well, especially when you've been seeing this thumbnail (of the series) for like 5+ years
untitled-11.png

but then SIU's been drawing them for 10years, styles change, heck in terms of manga/manhwa, technology changes most is all done on tablet computers now.
I prefer the earlier style of ToG over the current. The old style seemed more unique, but its all good.