Winter 2021 Anime Thread

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
i just binged that yesterday

Agreed 100 percent, top shelf anime, the promised child of isekai.
It’s like redo healer done right, just enough dirty cringe to make me laugh, but never goes over the line. Redo healer is pretty much the other side of the planet from that line.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I always feel the odd man out when I come to this thread or talk to Chysamere Chysamere , you guys are all busy ranting and raving over Hentai Rape Healer Hero and I am enjoying shows like Jujutsu Kaisen which I know is a little short in the rape/perv department for most of your taste but here we are.

source.gif

Jujutsu Kaisen is old news though. It's a good show, and thus boring to talk about.

Redo is the new shit that people are losing their mind over, so it's more interesting to watch that shitshow.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I always feel the odd man out when I come to this thread or talk to Chysamere Chysamere , you guys are all busy ranting and raving over Hentai Rape Healer Hero and I am enjoying shows like Jujutsu Kaisen which I know is a little short in the rape/perv department for most of your taste but here we are.

source.gif
I'm right there with you. Rape/Hentai anime does nothing for me, even if it's funny. I only watched the first episode of Interspecies Reviewer for the same reason. I like a good solid story. Quality action is also a nice bonus, but it's all about story. Did you ever watch that old show, The Twelve Kingdoms? That's another really good one.

Leon

<Silver Donator>

source.gif

Nah Jujutsu is the best show of this season to me. It has not had a single shit episode so far. The animation quality and pace is fucking amazing, week after week after week.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Nah Jujutsu is the best show of this season to me. It has not had a single shit episode so far. The animation quality and pace is fucking amazing, week after week after week.

jujutsu is aight, but it feels a tad generic to really stand out for me. I definitely like last dungeon and mushuko tensei more. All in all this season is probably one of the better lineups in quite a while. Quite a few shows I’m following.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wonder if we'll get Demon Slayer and MHA in the same season this year. I think the new season of MHA should be really good if my memory of the manga is correct.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wonder if we'll get Demon Slayer and MHA in the same season this year. I think the new season of MHA should be really good if my memory of the manga is correct.
Class vs Class conflict should be a nice way to slow down a bit. Yeah the Overhaul arc was awesome but Midoriya is still just a damn first year. And yeah they started to slow things down with the school festival arc but then along came Two Heroes.

Also hope they tone down the silliness of Demon Slayer a little in the next season. Yes you do need humor to keep a show from ending up too dark and serious but I feel like the first season had something of an identity crisis where the flips between goofy shit and super grimdark were too much.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Class vs Class conflict should be a nice way to slow down a bit. Yeah the Overhaul arc was awesome but Midoriya is still just a damn first year. And yeah they started to slow things down with the school festival arc but then along came Two Heroes.

Also hope they tone down the silliness of Demon Slayer a little in the next season. Yes you do need humor to keep a show from ending up too dark and serious but I feel like the first season had something of an identity crisis where the flips between goofy shit and super grimdark were too much.
S1 followed the manga to a T. I expect it to continue on that way, and it will be glorious. On a side note the manga ended last year and is worth a read.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
S1 followed the manga to a T. I expect it to continue on that way, and it will be glorious. On a side note the manga ended last year and is worth a read.
I don't read manga although I fell into enough manga spoilers to know that the series is
something of a bloodbath
later on.

I certainly don't hate Demon Slayer, in fact I think it's fantastic. I just also think it's way overrated, people act like it's an 11/10 when in my opinion its like an 8.5 or a 9.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I certainly don't hate Demon Slayer, in fact I think it's fantastic. I just also think it's way overrated, people act like it's an 11/10 when in my opinion its like an 8.5 or a 9.

If anyone other that Ufotable was animating it, I'd probably put it at a 6-7.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If anyone other that Ufotable was animating it, I'd probably put it at a 6-7.
And that's just it, Ufotable is amazing but there's just so little serious choreography outside of the big showdown between Rui and Tanjiro. Demon Slayer is incredibly light on action so far compared to Zero and UBW.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
And that's just it, Ufotable is amazing but there's just so little serious choreography outside of the big showdown between Rui and Tanjiro. Demon Slayer is incredibly light on action so far compared to Zero and UBW.

Being light on action is just fine by me. The show as a whole just looks great.

Cue gif of low detail filler scene.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Disagree.

ep 19 overshadowed all the other fights but there were some really good ones.

—tanjiro vs ball and arrow demono snd before that the demon who s ducted girls.
—The drum demon
—Spider demon in the forest where he ends up killing her in a beautiful and merciful way
—Zenitsu vs spider
—insect hashira vs spider girl.

zero and ubw might have had some longer fights but plenty of lulls in between as well. Some of the fights were epic (looking at you iskandar vs gilgames) but some were really forgettable.
even without fights per say there were plenty of good well choreographed scenes In demon slayer. Tanjiro’s training arc was one of the best in anime. Mouzan executing his lackeys was fucking well done. Etc etc

it’s easy to forget after episode 19 all this shit is in the series. Now I also agree demon slayer is a 8.5 or so, it has its faults, but no good choreographed action isn’t one of them IMO.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuriin

Just a Nurse

They are literally following the manga - completely and absolutely. I honestly don't think there has been such a perfect adaptation. Even the verbiage is all the same. So the humor undertones you may see and dislike, will continue - though not as much, as it becomes increasingly dark and serious.

edit: The last 40 minutes of Demon Slayer movie are a major tear jerker. Holy shit.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
They are literally following the manga - completely and absolutely. I honestly don't think there has been such a perfect adaptation. Even the verbiage is all the same. So the humor undertones you may see and dislike, will continue - though not as much, as it becomes increasingly dark and serious.

edit: The last 40 minutes of Demon Slayer movie are a major tear jerker. Holy shit.

Well, it was the train arc. Of course it was going to stab the feels.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Missed this trailer, but Megalobox is getting a second season:

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 6 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

I like occasional humor to break things up, I don't like when it just abruptly turns into comedy for most of/all of an episode.