Winter 2021 Anime Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wait... subbers are from Texas?

Seems like they're more than just a subber. Probably aren't many people willing to distribute something like Rapehealer in the US.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Neverland went to complete shit this season. Even as an anime-only you can tell they are skipping shit pretty hard.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The further I go into healer redo, the further the rape logic is starting to wrap its fingers around me. I think I'm starting to like the main character, cause this is all he's ever known, so he dindu nothing wrong.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The further I go into healer redo, the further the rape logic is starting to wrap its fingers around me. I think I'm starting to like the main character, cause this is all he's ever known, so he dindu nothing wrong.
Really? What happened in this latest episode isn't a giant flashing neon sign from the universe that he's wrong? He's far worse than the people he's punishing.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Really? What happened in this latest episode isn't a giant flashing neon sign from the universe that he's wrong? He's far worse than the people he's punishing.
Everyone else rapes because they enjoy it, he only rapes because that's all he knows. He brought justice to leonard, and I think those tears while he was raping later signify that he realizes something is off about this world. Perhaps this is some sort of redemption arc.

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Everyone else rapes because they enjoy it, he only rapes because that's all he knows. He brought justice to leonard, and I think those tears while he was raping later signify that he realizes something is off about this world. Perhaps this is some sort of redemption arc.
Or he realizes that everything that happened to his village is HIS fault? He could have just disappeared. Or given how borderline godlike his mastery of his power makes him he could have assassinated Princess Flare (and later the other adventurers) quietly without ever having made himself known as the healing hero.

Maybe he's broken, but that doesn't make him any less of a villain.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Or he realizes that everything that happened to his village is HIS fault? He could have just disappeared.
With how terrible he's acted, all of the people involve legitimately deserved it. And now he's aware that his actions can have consequences on innocent others and seems to have just a tiny twinkle of remorse. Of all the anime's I've watched, I'm pretty confused on where this one is going. The main character is a villain, but he's fighting against a horrible evil empire. Literally everyone is evil beyond reproach except the demon, he might be a good guy for wanting to wipe out this humanity.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm pretty confused on where this one is going
It's just edgelordy garbage imo. He's already gone way past the point of redemption, so they'll just always make sure to make the people he's getting revenge against seem slightly worse than him.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
It's just edgelordy garbage imo. He's already gone way past the point of redemption, so they'll just always make sure to make the people he's getting revenge against seem slightly worse than him.
manga is pretty boring too, i'd characterize it as "directionless", easy drop

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Just got done with my weekly CR binge. Re: Zero still firing on all cylinders. Just needs more REM action and it would be perfection. Kumo-chan was alright. Less interested in the human stuff than ever. Gimme moar Kumo-chan! Slime is staying 100% in line with the manga. Not sure how close either are to the LNs. Hopefully World Trigger comes back next week.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
At this point the best way to end this series is for him to end up killing off the entire world. After the intial power rush wears off he slowly realizes what he has done. A montage happens showing him looking at the broken bodies of everyone he cared even the slightest inkling about.

Final scene is him offing himself.

Fadaar

That guy
At this point the best way to end this series is for him to end up killing off the entire world. After the intial power rush wears off he slowly realizes what he has done. A montage happens showing him looking at the broken bodies of everyone he cared even the slightest inkling about.

Final scene is him offing himself.

but not before he rapes himself

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
my wife started watching irregular at hs, and shes at eps 11 and says it's so bleh, i know she has that mad look, like shes hate watching it so i turned it off and put on something else (world trigger)

so i didn't read the manga, guess i'll try it now, so far it is pretty bleh

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Demon Slayer is one of my favorite all-time storylines in anime. However, I do have to say they went a little too hard on trying to balance (I guess) the dark tone with the comedy. I think it could almost be cut in half. Zenitsu would probably be tolerable but he literally screams for minutes at a time without ceasing. I like his character and back story but it gets old really quick.

I can't wait for the movie and I honestly hope we get more seasons but I agree, it's probably 8.5-9 / 10 only because it goes hard with the comedy and Zenitsu's yelling. If you're able to just overlook it, which I do and have at this point, I'm probably one of those that acted like it was an 11 / 10 before I really thought about how that is probably really annoying to other people.

Supposedly the movie it going to be released in AMC theaters either the end of the month into next month? I'll have to look back for the article and/or updates but I'll be first in line to watch it.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Demon Slayer is one of my favorite all-time storylines in anime. However, I do have to say they went a little too hard on trying to balance (I guess) the dark tone with the comedy. I think it could almost be cut in half. Zenitsu would probably be tolerable but he literally screams for minutes at a time without ceasing. I like his character and back story but it gets old really quick.

I can't wait for the movie and I honestly hope we get more seasons but I agree, it's probably 8.5-9 / 10 only because it goes hard with the comedy and Zenitsu's yelling. If you're able to just overlook it, which I do and have at this point, I'm probably one of those that acted like it was an 11 / 10 before I really thought about how that is probably really annoying to other people.

Supposedly the movie it going to be released in AMC theaters either the end of the month into next month? I'll have to look back for the article and/or updates but I'll be first in line to watch it.
don't forget the near episode lengths off flashbacks