Winter 2022 Anime Thread

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
and all the fight animations was rubbish.
While I concur with some of your points, are you really comparing a long-running show from 2004 made by Studio Pierrot to a current show made by Ufotable of all things?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I guess the reason I prefer Mugen Train to Entertainment District is not so much the Rengoku vs Akaza fight (although it is unmatched) but Tanjiro's dream and the first half of the Enmu fight.

Reminds me of the JLU episode For The Man Who Has Everything where Mongul uses the Black Mercy to trap Superman in a fantasy of a Krypton that wasn't destroyed.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Why is the snake fucker giving Tengen shit about only bringing down Upper Six when it's the first upper rank to die in a century?
Also Japan has a weird way of showing respect... by insulting you and praising you at the same time.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Also Japan has a weird way of showing respect... by insulting you and praising you at the same time.

Bud passive aggressive is not a Japanese thing at all. If they are insulting you, they're just insulting you.

Passive aggressive is a British thing when its sardonic. And very, very southern American when it's done with a smile.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I didn't experience this in japan. Even when they were kicking me out of places for being a whitey they were always super polite about it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
While I concur with some of your points, are you really comparing a long-running show from 2004 made by Studio Pierrot to a current show made by Ufotable of all things?
yea studio pierrot was top tier back that made great animes, bleach and naruto so old, , we're not even talking about half the series wasn't just in SD, but also full screen

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Absolutely amazing episode of ranking of kings.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Ranking of Kings is a winner I wouldn't have even considered watching if it wasn't for this thread. It's a very feel good, overcome adversity type of show.

The only weird thing about it is, the ranking of the kings is not actually, really a thing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Ranking of Kings is a winner I wouldn't have even considered watching if it wasn't for this thread. It's a very feel good, overcome adversity type of show.

The only weird thing about it is, the ranking of the kings is not actually, really a thing.

It is.

Just a background thing they mention in passing in 1 episode.

Khane

They mention it in a few episodes, but it's not a real thing that matters at all within the context of the show.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
my dress up darling is the best romance slice of life I have watched since sing yesterday for me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Based on comments I checked out my dress up darling. It's a really good slice of life.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
yeah as of yesterday the funimation website is basically DOA, all their content is on crunchyroll or will be shortly.

i had both a CR and a funimation acct. i just cancelled the funimation acct.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
That's fantastic news, i knew they had it in the works, glad it's coming soon.