Winter 2022 Anime Thread

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Ill say it one more time but the voice acting of the Sister Demon Daki Miyuki Sawashiro - Wikipedia is amazing. When she switches and does the surprise voice is very well done with great comedic timing and inflection. The actor made the character more likeable and funny.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
The entire voice acting crew is on point.

zenitsu switching seemlessly to chad zenitsu.

The voice actor for the brother legit made the character unique and terrifying.

Uzui gives that rengoku vibe while keeping his uniqueness.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
That was another GORGEOUS episode of Demon Slayer. Wow. The two heads rolling together was very fulfilling. This show is greatness.
ALL. THE. Money
parks and recreation money GIF

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I ve never been happier about tax evasion than since ufotable has been cranking it up to 11.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I don't get it to be honest.

If this were the USA, there would be figuratively dumptrucks full of cash outside of the studio to lock them down for years, or to buy them out.

Kudokawa has a yearly income of over a billion dollars.... I dont get why they have not buy them or to invest on them.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Kudokawa has a yearly income of over a billion dollars.... I dont get why they have not buy them or to invest on them.
Because they are seen as a tool. And the cheaper that tool is, the more profit they all make. It's also not like the publisher is the only one on the committee calling the shots, it's also music studios, idol agencies, TV stations and toy companies.

Have a look at an example what companies invest in anime and want a return on that investment:

That's also why e.g. KyoAni invested heavily into their own IPs, because Fuckadokawa. People forget things like Kemono Friends S2.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I haven't watched today's episode of Bisco yet, but I'm wondering when we will see the flying whales that appear in the opening credits? Maybe they'll be today's episode. I'll let you know later.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Because they are seen as a tool. And the cheaper that tool is, the more profit they all make. It's also not like the publisher is the only one on the committee calling the shots, it's also music studios, idol agencies, TV stations and toy companies.

Have a look at an example what companies invest in anime and want a return on that investment:

That's also why e.g. KyoAni invested heavily into their own IPs, because Fuckadokawa. People forget things like Kemono Friends S2.
I think this is a mistake of thinking on their part. It may come as part of a rigid Japanese mindset of doing one thing only, and not be flexible.

I see it more as akin to disney and Pixar early relationship kind of thing.
After Pixar showed it can deliver commercially high quality films, competing with disney himself, it was just a matter of how many truckloads of cash did disney had delivered for the company.
Ufotable has found the secret sauce, they have perfected a methodology that allows them to produce high quality anime time and time again. Whether that is a combination of people and processes and who knows if it can be reproduced by training others. But I think they should be ripe for being absorbed by a giant while still keeping its independence.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Demon Slayer was awesome this week as it is every week, I like Ninja Boy but those saying he lives up to Rengoku *scoff* although the animation for the finally of that battle was simply incredible.

Sabikui Bisco - has actually been a fun watch, I checked it out after some of you talking about it and it's just a crazy wild mess but so far better than I would have expected.

Attack of Titan - I haven't watched this since the first season which was amazing, then I read the manga then it got incredibly fucking stupid so I stopped, but hearing you guys talk about the anime and how well it's done. Is it worth picking up and going through it? If this is a final season does the Anime story make sense or is it convoluted dogshit like the manga started to drift off into?

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Never read AoT manga but it definitely gets slow, boring, confusing at points. But then it gets good again.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Demon Slayer was awesome this week as it is every week, I like Ninja Boy but those saying he lives up to Rengoku *scoff* although the animation for the finally of that battle was simply incredible.

You're not hearing what i'm saying.

Rengoku > Uzui.

The animation on the district arc battle tops the animation in the rengoku vs akaza fight. This was movie quality ++

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Attack of Titan - I haven't watched this since the first season which was amazing, then I read the manga then it got incredibly fucking stupid so I stopped, but hearing you guys talk about the anime and how well it's done. Is it worth picking up and going through it? If this is a final season does the Anime story make sense or is it convoluted dogshit like the manga started to drift off into?

The middle is something of a mess, but holy shit is Eren one hardcore motherfucker by the end.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why is the snake fucker giving Tengen shit about only bringing down Upper Six when it's the first upper rank to die in a century?

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Because it doesnt matter what hierarchy you find yourself in, it's still a hierarchy. And those on top always look down on those below them.

The demons have the same type of hierarchy. Look at what Ume was saying to Nezuko even when Nezuko was kicking the shit out of her

• 2Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
My dressup darling is the show I'm watching. Main lady in the thumbnail above is the star. It's good!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Because it doesnt matter what hierarchy you find yourself in, it's still a hierarchy. And those on top always look down on those below them.

The demons have the same type of hierarchy. Look at what Ume was saying to Nezuko even when Nezuko was kicking the shit out of her
Nah I think he's just a jealous cunt.

Wonder if Akaza is about to get in even more trouble with Muzan, since the Demon Slayers he left alive went on to kill an Upper.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Quick retrospective, Bleach sucked, fuck Ichigo and fuck the animation surrounding it.
Bleach was a waste of resource material. It had cool characters and a shit story after Aizen true colors shown.
Ichigo never learned how to fight and all the fight animations was rubbish. If they bring it back now how will the fight animation compare to shows like AoT, Demon Slayer, and anything else more recent?
The fact Ichigo can’t throw down or scrap has been apparent since the first season. I dont know why people praise it so much. Cool concept with shit execution and like I said he can’t fight for shit.