Winter 2022 Anime Thread

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
First season didn't really draw me in until the Natagumo Mountain arc but it's pretty much been pedal to the metal ever since.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
First season didn't really draw me in until the Natagumo Mountain arc but it's pretty much been pedal to the metal ever since.
By not impressing me, I mean it was good. It just felt like all the other anime. This last season definitely has shown the anime is willing to go in unexpected directions, which was kinda surprising. I like anime's that don't follow the typical curve, IE, why I love inuyashiki so much.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I haven't watched any anime in like 8ish years? But I started on Saint Slippery's Academy for Girls - The Young Ladies of the Humiliation Club: Debauched Miracle Life 2

I think it will be great

• 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 user

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Anybody watching tokyo 24th ward?

First episode is 40 min long and drew me in pretty good. Can't wait to watch more tonight.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Yeah i mean this week settles the score once and for all. Sorry mappa, bones, UFOtable reigns supreme.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah Demon Slayer this season is just on another level. Still blows my mind this is on TV.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That was another GORGEOUS episode of Demon Slayer. Wow. The two heads rolling together was very fulfilling. This show is greatness.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I haven’t seen an episode of anime this good in years. Likely not since Gon went batshit.

I can only imagine if these guys had done Naruto how cool the ninja battles would have been.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea.... are you guys forgetting Mappa does AoT?

Not alot of fighting, but they sure deliver on the emotion AND the animation when it counts.

Demon Slayer was awesome. AoT had me scratching my head for the first half of the episode, then the last half happened....

I'd like to just keep this conversation on who's better going anyway. Because Demon Slayer is seriously next level. But Jujutsu Kaizen is also seriously next level. And if everyone keeps making it a conversation I can't imagine what these two studios might put out if we can create a fan rivalry.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Yea.... are you guys forgetting Mappa does AoT?

Not alot of fighting, but they sure deliver on the emotion AND the animation when it counts.

Demon Slayer was awesome. AoT had me scratching my head for the first half of the episode, then the last half happened....

I'd like to just keep this conversation on who's better going anyway. Because Demon Slayer is seriously next level. But Jujutsu Kaizen is also seriously next level. And if everyone keeps making it a conversation I can't imagine what these two studios might put out if we can create a fan rivalry.

I hope they keep trying to one up each other.

JJK season 2 is going to be lit as fuck.

But as of this moment? UFOtable is numero uno. What they did to this season of demon slayer surpasses the fucking movie they did for demon slayer.

This week's episode one up'ed the rengoku fight in the movie and that shit was a high bar.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This week's episode one up'ed the rengoku fight in the movie
41851o.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I said what I said.
And you're correct.

As for Ufotable vs. Mappa / Demon Slayer vs. Aot. Mappa has the potential to match Ufotable in animation quality, we've all seen it in other works by Mappa. I think Mappa has better source material to work with in AoT, and especially with this current season, a better sense of how to present it. I'll definitely give Ufotable the win for animation, but Mappa gets the win for presentation / storytelling directing.

Good thing is that WE, the fans, win.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Whoever is in charge of animating Fan favorite Zenitsu, only knows one mode, HAM.

• 1Like