Witcher 3

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Decided to try this again on my PC this go round since I upgraded it and never finished it on my PS4. Game looks beautiful with everything turned up. What's are some good mods that wont trivializes the game and QoL? I read about a mod that removes weight limits and should I try any other mods else I should?

Last edited:

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Decided to try this again on my PC this go round since I upgraded it and never finished it on my PS4. Game looks beautiful with everything turned up. What's are some good mods that wont trivializes the game and QoL? I read about a mod that removes weight limits and should I try any other mods else I should?

Get the mod to skip dandallion speeches during loading screens

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fast travel from anywhere, 9000 weight limit, auto apply oils, and then the HD mod that makes the game look even better.

Basically just go on nexus mods, and sort by most popular. Last time I was there, just be careful of a lot of different graphics improvents as many have been wrapped up into the single HD mod. Like the improved light or grass or blood all are in the HD mod now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I would also recommend the mutagen stacking new game plus fix just in case you decide to go on to an NG+ playthrough.

When the game first released mutagens did not stack. Some patches later changed it so mutagens do stack. However, they forgot to add that change to NG+. So when you start an NG+ all your mutagen stacks revert to a single mutagen and the rest poof. The mod fixes it so all your mutagens correctly carry over and can stack in NG+.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just be careful with the fast travel mod, it can make it so certain quests can't be completed if you use it at the wrong time in the middle of a quest

• 1Like

Crone

Just be careful with the fast travel mod, it can make it so certain quests can't be completed if you use it at the wrong time in the middle of a quest
This is true, but of the 2 that I've found they were easily fixable, just a little annoying.

Basically, just make sure you've moved out of everywhere first. One quest I had to leave a building to trigger the next part of the quest. I had fast traveled from inside the building. Had to go back, go inside the building, and then leave and it was all fixed. Another one I had to leave a cave to trigger a horse race, and I had fast traveled out from inside the cave. Again, had to just go back inside the cave, and leave, and it triggered fine.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maybe if you do it soon enough you're okay, I tried the same for a quest that I realized hadn't completed and already progressed through more of the story, couldn't get it to retrigger

Crone

Maybe if you do it soon enough you're okay, I tried the same for a quest that I realized hadn't completed and already progressed through more of the story, couldn't get it to retrigger
I guess I hadn't even considered that it'd even let you move forward in the quest chain with out doing it "right"?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It was when you break into whoreson jr's house, you're supposed to exit the gate and trigger a convo, but instead I fast traveled out of the compound. Couldn't trigger it later by leaving the gate.

Khane

I was able to re-trigger that one by going into the house into his room and walking out normally.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Maybe with Ciri as the lead?

I'd like to see the world during a phase with heavier magic influence with a focus on the monsters and less of a focus on humanity. Something during the earlier conjunctions maybe.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i'd be interested in a story focused on the first witchers. as far as i'm aware, none of that has been explored at all outside of a few paragraphs? basically the conjunction happens, all these monsters show up and then witchers show up as a response. like, who came up with the trials of the grass, how did they figure it out, etc. i mean when geralts walks into some rando town, all pale, scarred up and yellow-eyed... people are like, oh, he's a witcher, stay away... but how would a town who's NEVER heard of a witcher react to that same person walking into town? there's a begrudging respect for witchers in geralts time, even if they don't trust them they know what they can do. i'd be interested in exploring how that came to be

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
i'd be interested in a story focused on the first witchers. as far as i'm aware, none of that has been explored at all outside of a few paragraphs? basically the conjunction happens, all these monsters show up and then witchers show up as a response. like, who came up with the trials of the grass, how did they figure it out, etc. i mean when geralts walks into some rando town, all pale, scarred up and yellow-eyed... people are like, oh, he's a witcher, stay away... but how would a town who's NEVER heard of a witcher react to that same person walking into town? there's a begrudging respect for witchers in geralts time, even if they don't trust them they know what they can do. i'd be interested in exploring how that came to be

Even better if they give us a look at why Witcher's are hated and mistrusted - i.e. - the deeds of a few souring the rest of them. I would love a world where you are part of the good withers going around cleaning up the messes of the bad ones.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I never gotten the idea that witchers did anything outside of what they do to garner hatred from normal people. They become monsters in order to kill monsters.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The Viper School, at the very least, was far more willing to take on assassinations and contract killings than the other schools.

Khane

I never gotten the idea that witchers did anything outside of what they do to garner hatred from normal people. They become monsters in order to kill monsters.