Witcher 3

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I’m glad that you realize that your problems are self inflicted. If death match is too hard then don’t play death march.
It's self inflicted but I don't think you quite understand what I mean. I only enjoy difficult gameplay because it forces me to use all the available tools to beat a game. Witcher 3 has difficult gameplay, but I'm so tired of using the same old crafting tools to beat it. I could lower the difficulty and just delete all the crafting/alchemy items I get as some sort of bizarre trade, but I'd rather just play another game.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Witcher 3 is not very difficult, even on Death March. It sounds like your issue isn't with the crafting system, but rather the alchemy system. You don't like having to constantly re-apply short duration buffs and have to meditate to re-stock the supply with alcohest. It's not the difficulty, it's the tedium.

B&W Euphoria builds eliminate that tedium, but they require high character levels.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Yeah fuck off with calling crafting in Witcher 3 "minimal". The last two times I loaded up my mid-game save I open up my inventory and see a collection of this shit:
Witcher 3 is not very difficult, even on Death March. It sounds like your issue isn't with the crafting system, but rather the alchemy system. You don't like having to constantly re-apply short duration buffs and have to meditate to re-stock the supply with alcohest. It's not the difficulty, it's the tedium.

B&W Euphoria builds eliminate that tedium, but they require high character levels.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
It's self inflicted but I don't think you quite understand what I mean. I only enjoy difficult gameplay because it forces me to use all the available tools to beat a game. Witcher 3 has difficult gameplay, but I'm so tired of using the same old crafting tools to beat it. I could lower the difficulty and just delete all the crafting/alchemy items I get as some sort of bizarre trade, but I'd rather just play another game.
Maybe if it had a Mako? :trollface: But yeah, death march is for masochists.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's also a mod that auto-applies oils and such. I like the idea on paper, of prepping for each fight w/ the proper "tools", but it got old after 100+ hours, and in many cases not necessary. It also caused a break in fluidity/immersion (for me) by breaking out the inventory system to craft some of the shit. Won't completely alleviate your frustrations but it's a small quality of life mod that doesn't necessarily break the game. It's closer to IDKFA, rather than IDBEHOLDV

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Death march is offputring for the first few hours. Once you're midway through velen it becomes a joke. Geralt is MUCH more nimble than anybody he fights. Detlaff is an asshole but he's the only challenging fight once you get the hang of movement.

Saw this the other day and it's 100% accurate

FB_IMG_1582603420181.jpg

• 2Solidarity

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Death march is offputring for the first few hours. Once you're midway through velen it becomes a joke. Geralt is MUCH more nimble than anybody he fights. Detlaff is an asshole but he's the only challenging fight once you get the hang of movement.

Saw this the other day and it's 100% accurate

View attachment 269797

i dont get it

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm guessing it's some sort of play on that second fast travel sign which doesn't actually exist in the game without mods?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Signpost in the middle of crow's perch instead of riding up on your horse over and over again

oh fuck didnt even realize that

yeah riding that horse 100x through crows perch was tiresome

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can jump down the fence at the top so you only have to do the full run 50 times.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Lost my original save file of 80+ hours...did all the ?'s I could stomach and all the side quests so I was really only in beginnings of Skellige. Time to stomach it up and start over? Agh

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Lost my original save file of 80+ hours...did all the ?'s I could stomach and all the side quests so I was really only in beginnings of Skellige. Time to stomach it up and start over? Agh

I have been meaning to replay the game in order to play the expansions/dlcs but the idea of it is much more appealing than actually doing it. My saves are long gone as I played last/beat it right at launch and havent looked at it again since then.

Also Agghhh

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I ran into a similar problem... bought the game on Switch with the intention of using the cross-save feature to replay the whole thing, but not being able to use [non-cosmetic] mods on the PC side really puts a damper on it.

I have to give them credit for the port though, it's impressive what they managed to do on such underpowered hardware.

As for Death March, I recall the game becoming completely trivial the moment I unlocked spin2win. They nerf that in a patch or something?

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nah, spin2win is OP, alchemy is OP, and VERY late-game signs are super OP too with piercing cold and master griffin set bonus. But it's trivial even with no talent investment because quen is just obnoxiously good when paired with a bit of patience and dodging. It's no coincidence that by far the hardest boss in the game is the one fight where quen doesn't make you invulnerable (detlaff with his bats)

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Got this game roght before the summer sale on steam so I missed the cheap pack with all the DLC content.

Think I'm nearing the end of the game now and wondering if the DLCs are worth picking up? How many hours are they each?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Got this game roght before the summer sale on steam so I missed the cheap pack with all the DLC content.

Think I'm nearing the end of the game now and wondering if the DLCs are worth picking up? How many hours are they each?
About 15-20 for HoS and 20-40 for B&W. They have some of the best writing in gaming history. If you liked the base game, you'll enjoy them.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I love how I can run at Ultra settings with 95-130 fps, turn on hairworks and it drops to like 58 on the low end. :p

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So my pc parts for a new build will be here next week. This is going to be the game I restart. Played it the first time on ps4, didn’t do the DLCs and I know I’ve been missing out but I wanted a full playthrough to be on a prettier system.

I’m looking forward to it, one of my favorite games ever.

• 2Like