Witcher 3

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
As far as people not liking witcher's, i THOUGHT it had to do with basically them being too good at their jobs. Hundreds of years prior there were tons of monsters everywhere but the witcher's killed them. So now you have a few here and there roaming around or a random curse every so often that a lot of people might actually go a whole lifetime without seeing anything "monstrous." So to them, witcher's are just snake oil salesmen that at best, make up stories to get paid, or worse, actually drudge up monsters so that hard working folk have to pay to get rid of them.
On top of that, they tend to not have any sense of morality. Yeah sure they are monster hunters, but they aren't lifting a finger unless they get paid. To them, it'd be like going around and volunteering to fix your plumbing for free. Job's a job.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I feel like it's always been made very clear that it's entirely due to them being 'freaks'. I doubt the average peasant remembers or ever even heard of the fact that some witchers/schools went astray and got involved in politics.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I feel like it's always been made very clear that it's entirely due to them being 'freaks'. I doubt the average peasant remembers or ever even heard of the fact that some witchers/schools went astray and got involved in politics.

Yep, hatred for witchers falls in line with the hatred for elves/dwarves etc, just general racism and mistrust

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

Even if you're right about the former, the latter is the more interesting story for a game/book/show.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Playing through this and finally got passed my point of boredom in Novigrad with the Dandelion stuff. Over the last 2 years I always stopped here and played something else - like 3 times in a row :()

LOVE Skellige. And now almost to ACT 2. Playing on Xbox One X on the couch - music and sounds are utilizing my Atmos set up somehow, Sound and music is filling the room and makes it so atmospheric. I don't think the Atmos track was supported here but my receiver must be doing some simulation of it or something because I am definitely getting spatial audio.

I have been mostly plowing through the story quests - but I might take a break and start the side quests. I am so happy for quarantine!

COol thing is I have all the DLC after this :)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Playing through this and finally got passed my point of boredom in Novigrad with the Dandelion stuff. Over the last 2 years I always stopped here and played something else - like 3 times in a row :()

LOVE Skellige. And now almost to ACT 2. Playing on Xbox One X on the couch - music and sounds are utilizing my Atmos set up somehow, Sound and music is filling the room and makes it so atmospheric. I don't think the Atmos track was supported here but my receiver must be doing some simulation of it or something because I am definitely getting spatial audio.

I have been mostly plowing through the story quests - but I might take a break and start the side quests. I am so happy for quarantine!

COol thing is I have all the DLC after this :)
FUCK YOU BITCH GET TO PLANNING WUHAN WANFEST

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just beat the base game, and got the "good" ending. FUCK YEA!

Little hesitant to start in on Heart of Stone, as I know builds now change all over the place, and not sure what I want to do yet. Need to scroll back in this thread, because I know we've had a lot of talks about it. I'd really love a melee heavy spec, with Whirlwind, or of course the other option of "god mode" spec with alchemy.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Those "god mode" builds don't open up until Blood and Wine. Hearts of Stone only adds Runewords which don't really change builds too much. They change how you gear more than what skills you take.

Crone

Those "god mode" builds don't open up until Blood and Wine. Hearts of Stone only adds Runewords which don't really change builds too much. They change how you gear more than what skills you take.
So for Hearts of Stone, can I just keep cruising with my Igni/signs build, or can I switch to a melee build that'll be the start of the "God Mode" builds from B&W? Like do Melee build now, and then add alchemy/docations with B&W? Thanks Khane!

Khane

Melee is better than signs from the start, so yes you can (and probably should) switch to a melee build. Signs builds are atrocious against bosses.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I haven't done HOS yet, so due to coronantine I am bored as fuck so I'm giving this a go.

and that shit is rough. I got totally destroyed by the frog because I have no fucking idea anymore how this game is played, even on "just the story" I died over and over.
Gotta start a completely new game to relearn the game. Plus I think the premade level 30 character has shit equipment etc for his level? His Gwent deck is useless, so just gotta restart just for that.

• 1Worf

Crone

Melee is better than signs from the start, so yes you can (and probably should) switch to a melee build. Signs builds are atrocious against bosses.
Switched over to a melee build, using the feline armor set, and man I'm squishy as shit. Do a shit ton of melee damage though.

Quineloe Quineloe that Frog boss took a long while to figure him out but it's doable.

Khane

Switched over to a melee build, using the feline armor set, and man I'm squishy as shit. Do a shit ton of melee damage though.

Quineloe Quineloe that Frog boss took a long while to figure him out but it's doable.

Use Quen and rebind your dodge key to something that is easily accessible because you'll be using it a lot. Quen is still pretty powerful even with a melee build.

Crone

Use Quen and rebind your dodge key to something that is easily accessible because you'll be using it a lot. Quen is still pretty powerful even with a melee build.
I play this via Steam Link using a controller, and this works out really well. Default controls vs controller, there is no comparison. Controller wins hands down. I'm just trying to burn through HoS, because every single build I find online is for B&W, and I'm in HoS, so it's annoying as hell. I just fucked Shani though, so HoS hasn't been all bad!

Khane

Well, you could skip ahead and just do the portion of B&W to unlock the new mutation system. Then go back and finish Hearts of Stone.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If crafting is what’s keeping you from finishing Witcher 3, I think it’s just not your cup of tea. The crafting is so minimal. Get a mod to apply oils and just beat it. It’s arguably the best RPG ever made.
Yeah fuck off with calling crafting in Witcher 3 "minimal". The last two times I loaded up my mid-game save I open up my inventory and see a collection of this shit:

And just sigh in exhaustion at the crafting system I don't care about and don't want to learn. It's hard for me to ignore gameplay elements when the combat is difficult and hard for me to enjoy combat when there's harder difficulty settings. I know it's a self-inflicted problem.

Crone

Yeah fuck off with calling crafting in Witcher 3 "minimal". The last two times I loaded up my mid-game save I open up my inventory and see a collection of this shit:

And just sigh in exhaustion at the crafting system I don't care about and don't want to learn. It's hard for me to ignore gameplay elements when the combat is difficult and hard for me to enjoy combat when there's harder difficulty settings. I know it's a self-inflicted problem.
Combat is difficult? And then hard to enjoy because you're not playing on max difficulty. Why you think that is? Genuinely curious.

The combat to me isn't difficult as per sey a little twitchy in your reactions. You gotta be on point with your dodge, parry, or rolls.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Combat is difficult? And then hard to enjoy because you're not playing on max difficulty. Why you think that is? Genuinely curious.

The combat to me isn't difficult as per sey a little twitchy in your reactions. You gotta be on point with your dodge, parry, or rolls.
It's been a while but yeah, I found Witcher 3 on Death March difficult.