Witcher 3

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
So my pc parts for a new build will be here next week. This is going to be the game I restart. Played it the first time on ps4, didn’t do the DLCs and I know I’ve been missing out but I wanted a full playthrough to be on a prettier system.

I’m looking forward to it, one of my favorite games ever.
The DLCs are so great. You’ll love them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I'm only slightly embarrassed to say I've got 107 hours in this and only just left Velen. Also only just learned you can shoot xbow underwater...

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
The underwater shooting is about the only fault I have with the game. One shotting harpies when diving for treasure feels wrong compared to the non-swimming game.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The underwater shooting is about the only fault I have with the game. One shotting harpies when diving for treasure feels wrong compared to the non-swimming game.

yeah it really feels like they ran out of time to come up with a combat system underwater so they made Geralt fire tracking torpedoes

It is ridiculously out of place and the game would be better off without it imo.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Underwater parts of the game suck though so I'm glad the combat is easy. But might as well scrap it altogether if it was going to be such a half ass system.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I thought the underwater stuff was weird but since I hate underwater/slowness in games I’m glad it was fairly half assed and you didn’t have to do it much. Positive for me!

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I'm bad at these epic, super long single player games cause I have gaming ADD and a grindy mindset for gaming. Just had a newborn though and need something I can pause on demand so finally putting some good hours into this.

Skellige is pretty cool so far.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm bad at these epic, super long single player games cause I have gaming ADD and a grindy mindset for gaming. Just had a newborn though and need something I can pause on demand so finally putting some good hours into this.

Don't waste your time chasing all the water POI's in Skellige. They're not worth the effort

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>

I have a two year old and a 3 month old, other than a brief stint in wow classic launch I virtually only play "pausable" games now. And this is a good one!

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't waste your time chasing all the water POI's in Skellige. They're not worth the effort
Observation: After a considerable amount of explored POIs you only get cash loot. Once you have all the POI potion recipes, POIs become far less interesting.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Observation: After a considerable amount of explored POIs you only get cash loot. Once you have all the POI potion recipes, POIs become far less interesting.
You have to continue beyond it for that sweet sword.

• 1Moron

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Installing this on my new PC. Any must have mods?

I’ve seen some banging graphics mods, but I’m still rocking my old card in the new pc 970GTX so I’m not sure if I can handle it. I’m thinking about slowly playing through the main story until the new 3k Nvidia cards. Complete the PC then hit the two expansions with boner graphics.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Well after reading up on mods it looks like mine can already handle this even with the texture mod. Forgot it’s five years old now, still looks pretty though, especially with the texture mod. Found a few nice QoL mods too. Played first game of Gwent, best mini game in a game ever, looking forward to maxing that out again.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I forget the name of it but the mod that keeps quest markers on the map. I believe base game only shows currrently active/tracked quest markers on the map which is super annoying when you have 30 quests and a bunch may be near each other to knock at out once.

• 1Like