[WoD] Garrison Optimization Launch Thread

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah I almost have the resources finally to build my T3 rax. Once I build it I'm going to drop my lumber mill in favor of a barn to get them Bloods.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm holding off on that until my scavengers are appropriate level.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I axed my lvl2 Inn after getting the follower for this weekly reset to get a barn going for the next 12 days, going to rebuild an Inn on Monday to get the follower for that week, another after on the week after and then probably drop it again. The barn easily pays for itself as far as the gold cost is concerned, and I'm not having any GR troubles at all with one building dedicated to gaining GR and several scavengers.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Dammit. My home PC must have froze or something. I can't remote in. How the hell am I supposed to work today?!
Same problem for me today. I thought I started up my streamer before I left the house, guess not :<. Now to find an excuse to stop by my house and 'work from home'.

ubiquitrips

I axed my lvl2 Inn after getting the follower for this weekly reset to get a barn going for the next 12 days, going to rebuild an Inn on Monday to get the follower for that week, another after on the week after and then probably drop it again. The barn easily pays for itself as far as the gold cost is concerned, and I'm not having any GR troubles at all with one building dedicated to gaining GR and several scavengers.
How much of an investment is the barn in terms of time to get the bloods?

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I had a barn while leveling so I already had most of those orders in. 12 days was just a ballpark for the time you have the barn up between making the switch to the Inn for two days.

My line of thought with this experiment is: The Inn at lvl2 only really benefits me once per week. If I get my follower for week A right when it becomes available, and the follower for week B on monday before that week ends, I can have a barn for those ~12 days inbetween. If you sell a blood or two the gold costs of demolishing and rebuilding those buildings is covered, so you basically pay is 1400 GR every 2 weeks in order to profit from a barn while still getting the weekly Inn follower. Are 1400 GR worth that to you? Really depends on the individual I guess. I have a surplus of GR and I enjoy fine-tuning my minions so I'm trying this approach a cycle or two.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
You need 150 orders to get T3 so I assume that is why he said 12 days
Note that the 150 orders are account wide, so you can speed this up quite a bit with alts (any alt with L2 garrison can make a barn and start queueing work orders right away, no need to level their barns).

How much of an investment is the barn in terms of time to get the bloods?
It's a bit of a chore going out to trap the Nagrand elites every day or two, but not extremely terrible. Probably around an hour total if you want to catch 2-3 days worth of orders. It usually depends how crowded the area is, and how dickish the other people there are feeling (as of right now, it's possible to do stuff like taunt mobs that other people have tapped into your own trap).

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Note that the 150 orders are account wide, so you can speed this up quite a bit with alts (any alt with L2 garrison can make a barn and start queueing work orders right away, no need to level their barns).
I'd read that the unlock is account wide but you have to actually do all 150 on one character. Is this not the case ?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
All WOs on all characters count towards the achievement. And it's only 125, not 150.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I'd read that the unlock is account wide but you have to actually do all 150 on one character. Is this not the case ?
I can confirm it's account-wide, as I unlocked mine using 3 chars working their barns.

Eggplant_sl

shitlord
Do the treasure hunter missions unlocked by inn lvl 3 add to the mission pool or take up existing spots in the mission pool?

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Do the treasure hunter missions unlocked by inn lvl 3 add to the mission pool or take up existing spots in the mission pool?
I could be wrong. but I feel like they take up existing spots. Felt like I got more exp missions prior to getting the level 3 inn/tavern. However if you're rolling in all 100 blue/epic followers. and dont mind using up the slot on it. it's not a bad source of gold. I think 250g was the average gold I got per mission. maybe more.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Did some garrison campaign quest and got a sweet mole vehicle teleport to Gorgrond in the Garrison. If only if it was to the northern area where it'd be more useful!

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
I could be wrong. but I feel like they take up existing spots. Felt like I got more exp missions prior to getting the level 3 inn/tavern. However if you're rolling in all 100 blue/epic followers. and dont mind using up the slot on it. it's not a bad source of gold. I think 250g was the average gold I got per mission. maybe more.
The barracks patrol missions definitely don't take up existing spots, (you still get the 90 mission with the frog even if all your followers are 100) so I doubt the treasure hunter ones do.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I thought "Stay Awhile and Listen" had been hotfixed to only need 10 out of the 20 possible Inn quests in order to get the achievement and hence the Level 3 Inn blueprints? I have 12 done and nada.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I thought "Stay Awhile and Listen" had been hotfixed to only need 10 out of the 20 possible Inn quests in order to get the achievement and hence the Level 3 Inn blueprints? I have 12 done and nada.
They need to fix this achieve. I have the last 3 quests done, but whatever guy gave them to me hasn't been back to my in in about 9 days, so I can't turn them in.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The quest givers only show up in the Inn if you finish the dungeon where you got the quest item. Have you run the dungeon(s) for those last three quests and completed them since you looted the quest items?

ubiquitrips

I don't think it is live yet. I got the achievement last night, but only because I finally got all 20 done on my Paladin.