[WoD] Garrison Optimization Launch Thread

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
So, with 3 lvl 100s and each having a fully maximized garrison, I am making more gold off of you nerds than ever before. Soo ez mode.

each has max followers, geared out, even the harder to get followers from dungeons, brawlers, epic mounts, high stamina, scavengers, etc......
Barn on full, darkmoon cards on full, each building lvl 100 workers.......3 lvl 3 pet shops selling the rare pets, each chars professions pumping out daily stuff....incredible expansion for gold and staying busy. A hard working, wealth building individuals dream.

It's a great feeling when youcan earn in the top 99% of entire US population IRL at 31 years old, AND earn in the top income levels of an online game like wow at the same time. I have beat the world bros
smile.png
smile.png
feels good man

edit: the gold I make, I invest in to stockloading battle pets.....so I have an incredible net worth stocked in battle pets (which I kinda enjoy leveling/battling with anyways)
99% of people earn in the top 99%.

Taho

N00b
For someone just starting out at 90, does it make sense to tear out your level one Barracks and replace it with a War Mill right away? It seems that the increased chance at rare and epic quest rewards from a level one War Mill would be great while leveling. Then when you get to Garrison Level 3, you can add the Barracks. All you'd be missing out on would be the extra patrol missions for your followers.

Thoughts on this? I'm right at this point and am curious as to the pros and cons. Thanks in advance.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I doubt that's useful. As long as you put up the War Mill before you do Nagrand rares and quests it'll be fine (you're likely to hit before going there), leveling is dead easy regardless of gear.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I did that on my boosted druid which had shit for gear, and it was effective without any real downside I guess. If you have much above ilvl 500 going into WoD I wouldn't bother.

elvis_sl

shitlord
did that on my first char. all it did eventually was enable me to get into heroics half a day earlier than most of my other chars.. so dont know really if its worth it..

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
For someone just starting out at 90, does it make sense to tear out your level one Barracks and replace it with a War Mill right away? It seems that the increased chance at rare and epic quest rewards from a level one War Mill would be great while leveling. Then when you get to Garrison Level 3, you can add the Barracks. All you'd be missing out on would be the extra patrol missions for your followers.

Thoughts on this? I'm right at this point and am curious as to the pros and cons. Thanks in advance.
Yea I just did it on my mage, and its fine and all, gets you a few pieces, but all it'll do is get you into heroics a tick faster. Doesn't really get you anything omgwtfbbq amazing.

The barracks is pretty well useless at that level though so at least it gives you "something."

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Take 1-2 hours getting any 90 you may want to someday level up to their garrison so they're atleast stacking resources in the meantime......can go ahead and take them to 96 on rested bonus later just to upgrade garrison to a gold farmable level.

For your main: just get a barracks.....not a war mill, not a lumber mill....just get an Inn and start getting epic mounts/high stamina people. I personally did 3 epic mounts first. You can easily go get followers for basically all professions/gathering that you will need without wasting your weekly Inn pick on one. You MAY consider getting scavenger(s) FIRST, to start milking your garrison resource missions.. that's honestly the fastest, easiest, highest, most efficient return on garrison resources to keep ya going.

BOTTOM LINE: Just level your main as fast as possible, nothing else really matters - it will all catch up quickly, even if you make a mistake like building the wrong building......not that there really is a wrong building, just some provide more benefit than others.

LINK TO GARRISON FOLLOWERS WITH HOW TO GET THEM GUIDES:
20/25 Follower List Recommendations Version 2.0 - Now with Alliance List! : wow

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
For someone just starting out at 90, does it make sense to tear out your level one Barracks and replace it with a War Mill right away?
Actually, no. You really replace your items fast during leveling, you don't get that many per zone, and epic upgrades you get with an extra +10 would basically mean having one or two items per zone not replaced during the next zone. And each zone is about 2-3h of /played tops if you take your time. It only makes sense for Nagrand quest gear since you don't replace any bonus epic from there until heroic dungeons/ilvl 615 followers, which puts you at the mercy of RNG. Items out of Arak with an epic and extra +10 are barely of the normal dungeon levels.

My current plan during leveling for the large plot is: rush thru Talador outpost questline as soon as you hit 94, grab large plans, raise the Barracks to level 2, grab any bodyguard, enjoy extra help for even more ez-questing and taking out any stray rare I cross.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Actually, no. You really replace your items fast during leveling, you don't get that many per zone, and epic upgrades you get with an extra +10 would basically mean having one or two items per zone not replaced during the next zone. And each zone is about 2-3h of /played tops if you take your time. It only makes sense for Nagrand quest gear since you don't replace any bonus epic from there until heroic dungeons/ilvl 615 followers, which puts you at the mercy of RNG. Items out of Arak with an epic and extra +10 are barely of the normal dungeon levels.

My current plan during leveling for the large plot is: rush thru Talador outpost questline as soon as you hit 94, grab large plans, raise the Barracks to level 2, grab any bodyguard, enjoy extra help for even more ez-questing and taking out any stray rare I cross.
Just make sure to finish all of Spires quests so you can get the Talonpriest Ishaal as a follower. He seems like one of the best.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Ye knowst what'I mean, young lad. I am that top 99%, literally the 99 on the spectrum. hehehehe
What do you do that makes you so terrible at statistic related math yet you supposedly earn enough to put you in the 1% of the population? I would explain why your statement is both mathematical correct and the complete opposite of what you mean but I'm sure you can afford to pay for a tutor that can explain it in a way even you would understand.

In case above goes over your head what I mean is congrats on your wealth, but how you went about telling everyone makes you a dick. Notice I didn't say sound like a dick, it makes you a dick, anyone that feels the need to brag about their wealth with your attitude is childish at best.

Vitality is equally wealthy in WoW yet he is well liked because he informed everyone, included chats etc and he was even kind enough to share the wealth with the guild in various ways. That is how you do it "young lad"

Short version: You are a dick, don't be a dick.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
What do you do that makes you so terrible at statistic related math yet you supposedly earn enough to put you in the 1% of the population? I would explain why your statement is both mathematical correct and the complete opposite of what you mean but I'm sure you can afford to pay for a tutor that can explain it in a way even you would understand.

In case above goes over your head what I mean is congrats on your wealth, but how you went about telling everyone makes you a dick. Notice I didn't say sound like a dick, it makes you a dick, anyone that feels the need to brag about their wealth with your attitude is childish at best.

Vitality is equally wealthy in WoW yet he is well liked because he informed everyone, included chats etc and he was even kind enough to share the wealth with the guild in various ways. That is how you do it "young lad"

Short version: You are a dick, don't be a dick.
hehe yea I know it was a dick move....sorry. I've tried to provide some decent garrison tips that I know would have benefit myself early on to make up for the dickish move.

anyways I put people to sleep and do surgery on them......

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
hehe yea I know it was a dick move....sorry. I've tried to provide some decent garrison tips that I know would have benefit myself early on to make up for the dickish move.

anyways I put people to sleep and do surgery on them......
Wait so you are an anesthesiologist AND a Surgeon?