Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I'm 38 and still wanted to rage uber to France and knock the piss out of the idiots who failed to do a gap analysis between 2k online players in beta Vs release day with regards to server setup. Mainly because I've been looking for 6 months for a good common ground game to play with 16 year old step son to bond (he is a FPS guy, i'm RPG/Smite). Wolcen looked perfect since its fairly active combat and pretty graphics for the young kids.

So when i wasted 3 days I set aside to play with him that we both were off from work I was more then abit angry. Oh well, that being said game is pretty good for what I was looking for. We co'oped first act and took like 6 trys on Eldric because he kept dying and I couldn't rez him (was buggy and i'd jump all over the area trying to do it). Was really fun to struggle in a game again especially with out worrying too much about OP builds or there being abunch of guides out yet.

Went through most of act II today, definitely enjoying myself. Wish you could transfer gold to your other characters, kind of stupid you can trade to others but not yourself...? Also wish there was abit of a early crafting option to help twink characters early on. Also was dumb and didn't realize its smart to pick your prime ability and level it up as much as possible with the essence stuff, makes a pretty big difference.

I made a tanky warrior sword & board so he could play pansy green Arrow ranger while I meat shield but pretty sure i am smoking him in damage now. I went into Siegebuster etc and man having your resistance give you physical damage that scales with block chance (must be flat damage?) makes me hit like a fucking truck and still tanky as fuck. Trying the thor hammer skill now because i see you can get crit chance = block chance with it, since im going almost all toughness seems to make it really strong(?). That and bleeding edge does stupid damage right now, at lvl 28 I downgraded damage to make it persisent after i cast it for a while and its critting for about 4k. I clear shit so much faster with that and hammer then he does as ranger and i pop juggernaught and just laugh.

Playing a solo mage myself and not a big fan of the rage >< will power swapping, trying a fireball build with projectile build up. Its so so (1 shot eldric very easy), the damage is finally starting to come online but i notied a bug (?) that if you spam your potion button while spamming fireballs it shotguns them way faster until you are out of will power. Absolutely destroys shit.

If anyone has any suggestions on a build (with linK) for a good ranger that i can give my step son to get some ideas on please feel free. I tank everything pretty consistently so glass cannon is the goal.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
150k concurrent on Steam. Why would they bother fixing anything if people are going to buy it despite all the problems?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Is there a way to unmap the fucking attack with weapon to left mouse, time of running to dodge shit just for my guy to stop and shot at some enemy.
I had the same problem, my dude would move instead of pew-pew but there is a button you can map so once you press it your dude stops moving and uses attack.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
If anyone has any suggestions on a build (with linK) for a good ranger that i can give my step son to get some ideas on please feel free. I tank everything pretty consistently so glass cannon is the goal.

I have not seen any sites that have build tools yet but check out Alkizer stream vids from fri and sat on twitch, he created a nasty pistol and shield ranger. Crit based. Which he was doing the end game shit with him by sat. That will give you ideas at least. I linked the fri vod here a few pages back. You can ff through it and see his skills and tree.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
150k concurrent on Steam. Why would they bother fixing anything if people are going to buy it despite all the problems?
Nope they are not gonna fix anything. Shop closed. They all bought Ferarris and fixing to go on some bingers.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
What is this 'decimal in the wrong place' everyone keeps mentioning... the shield skill that gives damage for block chance? Quin has been saying his dmg went up maybe 5% vs when he was using a 2hander with that one...

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What is this 'decimal in the wrong place' everyone keeps mentioning... the shield skill that gives damage for block chance? Quin has been saying his dmg went up maybe 5% vs when he was using a 2hander with that one...
Quin is also a fucking retard/acts like a retard. You can just do the test yourself, take the node, equip a 2H and check your damage, then equip a shield and check your damage. It gives a completely stupid amount of flat damage(probably is supposed to be damage %, or be 0.5x like the other nodes instead of 50x). Even if it was 5%, which it isn't, it's a node that makes you 5% more than a 2H with a shield equipped, which would still be broken balance wise. You gain the defensive layer of a shield and the attackspeed of a 1H but still do more damage.

You can also get 100%block chance with 100%block efficiency, making you immortal(maybe ailments might hit you).

Last edited:

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I don't have the game, I might end up picking it up tho since it looks fun and i'm super burnt out on PoE. Ya it's imba to do more dmg with a 1h + shield than a 2h but will that even be the case when builds are optimized out more? There's also a node that gives you literal double damage...

Also saw this video on youtube about mages:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh and as an important bug, don't use the black market in endgame. It will brick the character until they patch it(which they said should be this week but could be friday).

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Fuck I can't beat Act 2 boss second stage now. Shit is rough. I think my health is just too low.

Yup it was low health. Cake walk when I respect into health

Last edited:

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Why would anyone want to play with a bot?

holy shit you have the biggest fucking hard on for me its insane, you're on the spectrum idk how anyone deals with you on here or in real life, you must be one miserable ugly fucking troll

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Terial

Trakanon Raider
debating getting this, my way of thinking is find a game i like, read what you all say, watch a few videos then decide.
While there seems to be plenty of bug, this review just screams to play this game... still on the fence. He does describe all the bugs and issues at about 22:00 in. So if you want more detail skip to that.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Doing much better now that I've sussed out that some stats don't seem to do what you might think they should and started looking at the skills page to see the actual effect of different tradeoffs.

Most annoying thing is that there's no viable 1h option for mages that lets them use a Relic or Shield off-hand. The best you can do is equip a 1h mellee or ranged weapon but then you need a skill to dump Rage since you can't build Willpower directly.

Also -- is there a way to see what ailments have stacked on an enemy? Trying to experiment with an ailment-based mage has resulted in just frustration as I try to work out how / when they are actually getting applied...

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Nope they are not gonna fix anything. Shop closed. They all bought Ferarris and fixing to go on some bingers.

Didn't diablo 3 sell like 30million copies in the first few years? It would seem ARPG is one massive fuckin market.

Caliane

debating getting this, my way of thinking is find a game i like, read what you all say, watch a few videos then decide.
While there seems to be plenty of bug, this review just screams to play this game... still on the fence. He does describe all the bugs and issues at about 22:00 in. So if you want more detail skip to that.
30min vid can't possibly describe all the bugs.

The bugs atm are out of control. just obscene. The game had no business being released in such a short time, without being given to the EA purchasers first. And many of those EA/beta bugs were never fixed either.

The game has at least 1 month, if not 3 months of patches required. The current price tag is not remotely worth it. the game is pretty fun though.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The current price tag is not remotely worth it. The game is pretty fun though.

tenor.gif

I gotta just try it myself I guess.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
View attachment 249808

I gotta just try it myself I guess.

Really is gonna depend on what you want out of it. It's amusing me, but I bought it years ago in EA for 20$ so it's a bit whatever.

The game is *massively* unfinished though. Leave all the previous griping about skill scaling and passive minutiae out of it - it's way bigger than that.

Stuff as simple as like, you enter a side dungeon with a quest to kill a rare mob, and you clear and kill the rare mob - the reward box pops up the second he dies, regardless of if there are other mobs around, and you can't get rid of it without selecting a reward, which means you stand there looking at options and maybe die to mobs, or just click whatever. All that while your cursor clicks though the fucking box moving you around randomly. Shit like that that is immediately shit and should not be a thing is still in the game because they either just didn't care, or were so up against a wall they had no other choice.

If you wanna just slam some monsters for a while and not worry too much about it sure, you can play it. Just don't expect too much out of it, and honestly if you haven't played Grim Dawn you should 100% do that before this nonsense.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Played the heck outta GD. Guess I will wait. Game sounds a bit too broken for my tastes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user