Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem

Spark

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah but were they limiting themselves to one hot patch a week?

No clue, I just know they stuck with it and got the job done.

Or maybe they didn't get the job done, just checked and they released the latest patch last month. That could be for DLC though, didn't actually read through the notes.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Here is what im gonna go with now with the shield node being fixed...

Big thing I found in this game is to stack as much flat dmg as you can. The tree only provides an additive % nodes for the most part which are efective but not like the POE and other games [% more] which is a mutiplicative. This can roll on rings, belts, amulets, of course weapons, and certain gem combinations can stack flat in sockets. This is the most important early on when your character is weak as fuck. But of course it mates all throughout the game. I mean, for a seasoned ARPG dude this is like saying water is wet, but it is infos for those of you that dont know.

Last edited:

Spark

Golden Knight of the Realm
Here is what im gonna go with now with the shield node being fixed...

I'm using Bleeding Edge also but I didn't follow any type of guide to make the build. It was just a fly by night type of deal.

I'm getting crits for 70k or more at level 58 but I'm about to get the skill "merciless lethality" which gives 100% bonus damage to crits. It's a pretty nasty build atm.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I'm using Bleeding Edge also but I didn't follow any type of guide to make the build. It was just a fly by night type of deal.

I'm getting crits for 70k or more at level 58 but I'm about to get the skill "merciless lethality" which gives 100% bonus damage to crits. It's a pretty nasty build atm.

Im not really following guides either but its good to look at what other people are doing to see their though process behind builds. You can go many ways with that build. Like stacking crit and crit multiplier, or go the route of more wis and ailments too since its a rend skill.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bleeding Edge / Winter's Grasp will be changed / nerfed. The mod for BE that increases dmg based on the number of Ailment stacks you have is overtuned, I wouldn't get used to it. As for Winter's Grasp, the zero cooldown spam that ruins framerates will hopefully be tweaked in some way.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Bleeding Edge / Winter's Grasp will be changed / nerfed. The mod for BE that increases dmg based on the number of Ailment stacks you have is overtuned, I wouldn't get used to it. As for Winter's Grasp, the zero cooldown spam that ruins framerates will hopefully be tweaked in some way.

Yeah but we still have a week, if not longer, to still play this shit and profit! I would reccomend them to focus on some of the weak skills and buffing them up so they are not all dog shit useless.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Rhykker was talking about it in his stream and the service provider they are using is only limiting them to one patch per week.
What is “service provider” in this scenario. We all read what they said but wtf are they even talking about? It isn’t Steam.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The dudes providing the online servers I guess.

But also this makes no sense why they cannot push client side patches to fix more shit if it does nto touch the servers, and why should it? But then again im not a game designer, lol.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
No one is, they are trying to shift blame to some nebulous entity.

There isn't a hosting provider in existence that would give two shits about how frequently you update your instaces/VMs/machines.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah these guys are full of shit. They can hot patch clients any time they want too. And should given the scope of everything that is broken from an ability stand point. That's some of the easiest stuff to fix (At least the numbers platforms).

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Doesn't PlayStation have a bunch of retarded rules and regulations when it comes to patches for games that result in severe limitations? Depending on what all they've been using 3rd parties for it's not unreasonable to assume that's happening, or is it?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Doesn't PlayStation have a bunch of retarded rules and regulations when it comes to patches for games that result in severe limitations? Depending on what all they've been using 3rd parties for it's not unreasonable to assume that's happening, or is it?
They aren’t on consoles though which is why it didn’t make any sense when they said it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Sony and MS have limitations on the amount of hotfixes they can deploy with a scale of content patches. Publishers can also pay to have that hot fix limit increased (To punish, monetarily) They do this to avoid hotfix patching to avoid it becoming like a PC market (Unless it is a content patch) of which you get a lot of unreliable games.

For instance, had this been attempted to been launched on console, it wouldn't have passed certification (Which is a joke anyway) but the online piece wouldn't have passed.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
The patch things just bullshit, the problems because they can't code for shit and need extra time to test before deploying. That's the only thing that makes any sense.

After the launch shambles, I can't say I blame them and it's probably a good move.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I held off as long as I could, but several nights in a row of clicking through my Steam library and not finding anything I wanted to play eventually lead to me buying this fucking thing last night. I only played a couple of hours and didn't have any issues, but I'm sure I'll rage the moment I do.

Yes, I'm part of the problem. I read ALL the reviews and comments here and such, and I still ended up buying it. I know I will probably hit a bug where all my progress gets wiped or something, and I'll quit for a few months until it gets fixed, and it will be on sale for 1/4 the price, but god damn if it doesn't scratch the itch for the time being :(

I need help, obviously.

• 1Picard
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 4 users