Woman who was getting her box munched on in public now claiming rape

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm probably going to need more than a few of those free pours before I go WATERskiing on Whitefish lake this Remembrance day...am I crazy? Probably.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
This doesn't mean she was drugged, of course it does sound like it but things like this do happen without any pills being dropped. If you don't clean beer tap lines properly some nasty bacteria can form that can make you sick, and in some case really fuck you up.
You got a source for this? It is pretty common knowledge in the brewing community that bacteria that forms in beer is pretty much harmless healthwise. It will make your beer taste like shit but won't make you sick.

Bacteria ? Bacteria found in beer are not significantly hazard to human health; however, its effect is noticeable in the appearance, aroma, and taste of beer. The presence of bacteria results in an ?off taste? and cloudy appearance that makes beer unappetizing. A beer that tastes sour, vinegar-like, or smells like rotten eggs may indicate a beer system is contaminated with beer spoiling bacteria. - See more at:Importance of Beer Line Cleaning

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
I think he's talking about the bacteria that exists in the equipment for drafting beer - hose, tip, etc. Like a soda fountain machine, if not cleaned pretty much daily, will get some disgusting stuff in there. Most health codes require daily cleaning for that reason.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I don't know, maybe that is true. But I own a couple of restaurants that have draft beer and am an avid beer hobbyist (brew my own, visit breweries, etc.) and I have never heard of what he described.

Specifically for beer, the faucets are the only thing exposed to the environment the rest of the system is closed (meaning the only way for bacteria to be introduced to the lines, etc. is via the beer). Even the faucets presumably at a "dive bar" have beer flowing through them on a regular basis, even if not cleaned. That alone should be enough to kill off any harmful bacteria.

Knowing that bacteria exist in beer lines raised my eyebrows a little, but rest assured, it looks like pathogenic (aka will cause you harm) bacteria don't do well in beer. When they tested E. coli , listeria, salmonella and staphylococcus survival in beer they found that the gram-positive bacteria like listeria and staphylococcus are killed off by the hops, and that the others died with alcohol and low-pH.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
http://www.washingtonbeerblog.com/el...ft-beer-lines/
Obviously, having proteins, yeast and mold in the beer lines can negatively influence beer flavor. Having bacteria in the beer lines can send you running for the toilet. Although you are not likely to get salmonella poisoning or the Hantavirus by drinking beer served through dirty lines, it is still nasty business.
I'm hoping cleaning lines and spouts is among your restaurants' routines?

opiate82

Bronze Squire
http://www.washingtonbeerblog.com/el...ft-beer-lines/

I'm hoping cleaning lines and spouts is among your restaurants' routines?
Yes, they get cleaned every other week. Even pay an outside service to do it so I know it actually gets done and done right.

Also from your article:
As I understand it, getting physically ill from dirty beer lines-as I did at the Anything Tavern-is not common. You are more likely to get sick from pouring the beer into an infected glass or from something else at the bar. It is a public place, after all. The bigger issue is beer flavor.
And I don't see anything other than the authors best guess that his illness was the direct result of dirty beer lines. (I personally would point to the possibility of the contaminated beer glass myself.)

Even if that author of the article got sick from dirty beer lines proving it can happen, it is still a far cry from "I would get extremely intoxicated well before I normally would anywhere else. He didn't believe me but he always drank bottles. One night we went over there and we split a pitcher of beer. One pitcher of beer (2 beers each for the layman). I couldn't drive home and threw up, he blacked out and pissed his bed."

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Definitely not common, but I'm sure it happens. There are other stories on the net claiming getting effed up more quickly/getting sick off draught beer.

I love draught, but I'm sure it happens as much, or maybe a little less, than it does with soda machines.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Overall, I would agree with you that in most cases "spiking" is bullshit. However I personally saw a girl I know get spiked at a New Year's party in Whitefish Montana a few years back. We know she was spiked because she was going drink for drink with another girl (both of them, along with myself, were tourguides on the ski trip). Normally it's the other girl who gets all fucked up, starts crying, and then fucks the first thing that comes along while the other girl despite being very petite can actually hold her liquor (we were pretty much professional alcoholics, going on ski trips every weekend and drinking very heavily the entire time). The two of them had had maybe 2-3 beers each pre-drinking at the hotel before heading to the bar. Within 45 minutes of being at the bar the petite girl was all over the fucking place, barely able to stand, alternating between giggly and angry, and again the two girls had more or less matched each other's consumption (maybe another 3-4 drinks/shots). The other girl appeared nearly sober.

Thankfully the spiked girl's ex-boyfriend was there, and immediately recognized that something was wrong. At the time and before we'd had a chance to piece her consumption together, I just assumed she'd had a couple too many, too quickly. I thought it was actually pretty funny how fucked up she was. And no, he wasn't the one who did it. They had gotten back together over the previous week or two, so he didn't need to spike her shit, they were already hooking up. Long story short, he took her back to the hotel and she damn near went in to a coma for the next 12 hours. When she woke up the next day, she still felt extremely woozy and almost sort of high. She mentioned that her depth perception was goofed up, that she either felt a lot taller or shorter than normal, I don't remember which.

So yeah, while I agree that it doesn't happen nearly as often as some claim, it does happen from time to time. Thankfully in the above case the girl had a couple friends who saw what was up and made sure she wasn't harmed.
You sure she wasn't just pilled up on something (that she took herself, obviously) causing her to get fucked up quicklike? It's all the rage nowadays for people to pop xanax/etc and then go drinking. Once again, a lot more likely than some random guy at a bar managing to slip some pills into her drinks without anybody noticing (especially if she was with a group of friends...).

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
While I was never a Don Juan, I certainly have my share of experiences from before I got married, including friends who Ihave"acted on".
Little late to the party, but no shit you're no Don Juan, hahhah. No dude with even a thimble full of game has ever referred to getting laid as "acted on". Jesus dude. You can't be for real. All that's left is for your to start spelling women.... womyn.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've gotten drunk on draft beer from some disgusting fucking white trash crackhead bars before literally thinking about how incredibly filthy the lines must be yet didn't get all drugged-like or sick. Then again I treat my guys like a garbage dumpster in general so maybe I'm just not a pussy.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Or it was because this is what a 'single' of whiskey looks like in Whitefish.

rrr_img_47443.jpg
Godamn, I spent the summer on Flathead Lake in Montana and that's no joke. Fucking Margarita Mondays at this bar called the Raven. Jesus Christ. Luckily the cops are cool as shit up there and my confused, drunk, (possibly drugged!) ass got a friendly ride home in the front seat from the local sheriff.

Also went camping with a local womyn at Upper Whitefish Lake, both of us got drunk as shit, went skinnydipping, and then mutually raped the shit out of each other. I'm a horrible person.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Little late to the party, but no shit you're no Don Juan, hahhah. No dude with even a thimble full of game has ever referred to getting laid as "acted on". Jesus dude. You can't be for real. All that's left is for your to start spelling women.... womyn.
he did that already in other threads, so no worries.

nate_sl

shitlord
Overall, I would agree with you that in most cases "spiking" is bullshit. However I personally saw a girl I know get spiked at a New Year's party in Whitefish Montana a few years back. We know she was spiked because she was going drink for drink with another girl (both of them, along with myself, were tourguides on the ski trip). Normally it's the other girl who gets all fucked up, starts crying, and then fucks the first thing that comes along while the other girl despite being very petite can actually hold her liquor (we were pretty much professional alcoholics, going on ski trips every weekend and drinking very heavily the entire time). The two of them had had maybe 2-3 beers each pre-drinking at the hotel before heading to the bar. Within 45 minutes of being at the bar the petite girl was all over the fucking place, barely able to stand, alternating between giggly and angry, and again the two girls had more or less matched each other's consumption (maybe another 3-4 drinks/shots). The other girl appeared nearly sober.

Thankfully the spiked girl's ex-boyfriend was there, and immediately recognized that something was wrong. At the time and before we'd had a chance to piece her consumption together, I just assumed she'd had a couple too many, too quickly. I thought it was actually pretty funny how fucked up she was. And no, he wasn't the one who did it. They had gotten back together over the previous week or two, so he didn't need to spike her shit, they were already hooking up. Long story short, he took her back to the hotel and she damn near went in to a coma for the next 12 hours. When she woke up the next day, she still felt extremely woozy and almost sort of high. She mentioned that her depth perception was goofed up, that she either felt a lot taller or shorter than normal, I don't remember which.

So yeah, while I agree that it doesn't happen nearly as often as some claim, it does happen from time to time. Thankfully in the above case the girl had a couple friends who saw what was up and made sure she wasn't harmed.
You do realize you just described exactly what was posted in the article? Girl has approximately eight drinks in a short amount of time and thinks she has been drugged. I'm not saying you're wrong, but what is more likely? That someone slipped an entire pill in her drink and she didn't notice, or that the drinks were stronger/bigger that night and she didn't notice?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What kind of world has this become if you can't hook up with a drunken skank in the streets of a college town without people getting their jimmies all rustled?

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
"Acted on" was the term used by the guy I was responding to, genius. Although, to be fair, I never claimed to "have game".

I'm glad I'm able to provide a caricature of a person you can make fun of and feel superior to. Really, I am. I mean, I'm not going to start using the "womyn" spelling just for you, but I'll give you a freebie you'll love: I've dated women who didn't shave their armpits or legs. They wereawesome. Enjoy!