Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I love Shaolin Soccer too.
the dubbed version is shit though. its like they got the silliest voices that dont match at all.
Kung Fu Hustle is just incredible. i rather discuss that movie than the clownshow that DC has become.

though Shaolin Soccer ive probably seen dozens of times too.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, I'm sure they were going for the silly asian comedy thing and not the terrible 80s action thing. Either way it's jarring.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

The running actually reminded me most of this scene:

rewatching it, it's actually SO dead-on, that I think maybe they're doing an homage to it?
Imagine they actually had done this. that would have been great.

• 2Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I loved Kung Fu Hustle.

For those who don't know, the bristly matriarch in it also appeared in The Man With the Golden Gun.

1607613111122.png

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Listened to a review on this... It seems like it's a step down from the original Wonder Woman movie, and there's a lot of bad CGI, and some really ridiculous scenes (ie the lighting bolt lasso shit, and the shit that was posted earlier with her running.) It's amazing how the first one can be so good, and they follow it up with a turd. I guess IM2 was the same way.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
First one was fine, but comparing it to Iron Man is some shameful shit.
First Iron Man was shit. Like it was filmed in a cave. So dark. If it wasn't for that LED flashlight stuck on his chest the 2nd half, we wouldn't have seen anything.

• 4Garbage
  • 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 7 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Right now it’s scoring a 66 on metacritic from reviewers, the original scored a 76. Both scores are higher than all the other movies DC has done.

if it is true to that, I’m sure I’ll be fine with it. More so that I don’t have to pay to see it now.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it has Gail being sexy, i'm sure i'll be watching it the day it comes out. zero expectation it being any good though.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
First movie only got a 7.7, dancing with the 5-7 RT borderline is not going to help at all.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

hahaha....

Superspeed is really hard to do right... but man.. its like they tried to make it look as shitty as possible.

Faora is one of the best. They don't even try to have her run. They digitally slide her. and have her teleport from position to position.

And of course, Xmen with first person on Quicksilver, and everyone else in slow mo does well.

Compare that to a scene where multiple people were actually running as fast as cars and it looked amazing.

Because they didn't green screen it. Instead, the guys were literally running as fast as cars by being pulled on a belt.

The Wonder woman scene looks like garbage pure green screen, lol. That is shockingly bad. If I did not know any better I'd say that was from a satire making fun of super hero movies.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
The running actually reminded me most of this scene:

rewatching it, it's actually SO dead-on, that I think maybe they're doing an homage to it?

Keeping the close up head shot in while she's running is one of the most bizarre directorial choices someone could make. It is literally something out of a comedy.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Compare that to a scene where multiple people were actually running as fast as cars and it looked amazing.

Because they didn't green screen it. Instead, the guys were literally running as fast as cars by being pulled on a belt.

The Wonder woman scene looks like garbage pure green screen, lol. That is shockingly bad. If I did not know any better I'd say that was from a satire making fun of super hero movies.
back in the 80s when these guys are thinking this is an homage to. they just sped up the film or used some practical effect.

fris

Vyemm Raider
this came out 17 years ago. they just dragged a mat/carpet behind the car and let the actor run on that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

while still at 66 on metacritic, has dropped 2 on RT
1608401683852.png

boxofficepro
3-Day (FSS) Opening Forecast Range $10m-$20m
3-Day (FSS) Opening Forecast $14m
Domestic Total Forecast Range $45m-$75m
Domestic Total Forecast $60m
Location count 1750

little interesting it will be at fewer locations than News of the World and Pinocchio (2020) as both open at 2000