Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I have never seen any of the others
fuck it, I'm going to be THAT GUY. i liked Alien Resurrection! even though its not a good movie. its pretty fun in a campy kind of way. the lesbo sex tension between Winona and Ripley was worth it.
or Ripley pwing hellboy in basketball.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
That's not very nice.
You're right. I'm sorry.

tumblr_mw7hvtLvG41suv2udo1_500.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Lmao, saw this review on Reddit. It's amazing how different opinions can be out there.

Holy shit, sounds like jenkins wrote that herself, its literally somebody giving the synopsis for the entire film and saying they liked it. Not explaining why it was good and completely glossing over the obnoxious run time, the creepy body swap, the terrible vfx, the hokey dialogue, the wooden or melodramatic acting and all the plotholes. Its just, "i like when wonder woman gets her powers back and saves the day with love."

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Holy shit, sounds like jenkins wrote that herself, its literally somebody giving the synapses for the entire film and saying they liked it. Not explaining why it was good and completely glossing over the obnoxious run time, the creepy body swap, the terrible vfx, the hokey dialogue, the wooden or melodramatic acting and all the plotholes. Its just, "i like when wonder woman gets her powers back and saves the day with love."

lmao!! exactly!!

• 2Like

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is like Highlander 2, the first one is an awesome movie where the second one is shit.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
WW1 was good for acts 1 and 2. Not coincidentally, GG doesn't carry acts 1 and 2 alone. She has Pine. Act 3 is weak. Partially from villain, partially from script and partially from GG carrying the load.

• 2Like

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
WW1 was good for acts 1 and 2. Not coincidentally, GG doesn't carry acts 1 and 2 alone. She has Pine. Act 3 is weak. Partially from villain, partially from script and partially from GG carrying the load.
Too much murky surroundings and indistinct CG in action sequences. Suicide Squad did this too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
This was worse than Avatar The Last Airbender. Like I can't believe how bad this was. I never thought anything could make me walk out of a movie. The Last Airbender did. IF I saw this in theatres I would have walked out. Wow.
To this day Batman and Robin (batnipples!) remains the only movie I have ever walked out of. Just plain awful. WW84 wasn't quite as bad, but both movies suffered from too many sub plots and characters that prevented them from really doing any of them any justice.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I tried watching Highlander. The first 15 minutes were so fucking stupid I couldn't get any further. I mean it was like another planet of trash. Does it really get better? I'd rather watch WW84 on repeat than the first 15 minutes of Highlander ever again.

• 1Worf
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I tried watching Highlander. The first 15 minutes were so fucking stupid I couldn't get any further. I mean it was like another planet of trash. Does it really get better? I'd rather watch WW84 on repeat than the first 15 minutes of Highlander ever again.
I think it's a wonderful movie, but if you didn't like it you didn't like it. I haven't even seen WW84 and can tell from the scenes I have seen that I won't like it, looks like a fucking cartoon except with really good animation. If you didn't like the first 15 minutes of any movie I wouldn't recommend it, entertainment is now worth less than the time spent watching it. If you don't like it, don't waste your time, and movie on to something else.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I think it's a wonderful movie, but if you didn't like it you didn't like it. I haven't even seen WW84 and can tell from the scenes I have seen that I won't like it, looks like a fucking cartoon except with really good animation. If you didn't like the first 15 minutes of any movie I wouldn't recommend it, entertainment is now worth less than the time spent watching it. If you don't like it, don't waste your time, and movie on to something else.

That's a really good point. With all the media out there!