Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I tried watching Highlander. The first 15 minutes were so fucking stupid I couldn't get any further. I mean it was like another planet of trash. Does it really get better? I'd rather watch WW84 on repeat than the first 15 minutes of Highlander ever again.
The TV series was pure 90s awesomeness. Adrian Paul was a total Chad.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I tried watching Highlander. The first 15 minutes were so fucking stupid I couldn't get any further. I mean it was like another planet of trash. Does it really get better? I'd rather watch WW84 on repeat than the first 15 minutes of Highlander ever again.
watch it

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Not Safe For Work No GIF

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Don't know if I hated it quite as much as some here, but this was a weirdly made movie. It really does feel like it was made in the 80s, and ends up being campy in all the wrong ways (that scene of her flying in particular was so bad that I started feeling sympathetic embarrassment from watching it). And for ostensibly being a superhero movie, there's very little superheroing actually going on, just a lot of walking around and talking.

For all the flaws the DC movies have had, one thing they've consistently done well is displaying the power level of the characters. Supes in MoS is a fucking god being; the warehouse scene in BvS has Batman looking like something straight out of the Arkham games. This movie broke that streak, and broke it hard; the action just felt so flaccid compared to the DC films that have come before.

So yeah, while I don't hate that I spent time watching it, this one's honestly on the level of Suicide Squad and Harley Quinn, where I have no desire to see this one again, where the other movies are at least on a level where I might rewatch them if I spot it while flipping through channels.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sonic movie literally qualifies more than WW84 if you're going for awards.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Considering how many movies were released in 2020, I'd say it's chance of winning are pretty good. :)

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Sonic movie literally qualifies more than WW84 if you're going for awards.
The fact that we live in a world where Sonic the Hedgehog could theoretically win Best Picture almost makes all this coronavirus shit worth it.

• 2Worf

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
The fact that we live in a world where Sonic the Hedgehog could theoretically win Best Picture almost makes all this coronavirus shit worth it.

One thing about Sonic ..the CGI looked like shit, and they at least went back and fixed it. WW84 just told us to open our mouths and shit right down our throats.

• 3Like

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Well if BlackPanther can get nominated why can't WW84?
Because Black Panther was a much better movie, I don't care if 2020 was a dumpster fire.

I'm not saying Black Panther was a great movie, it was middle of the road MCU imo, but WW84 would be at rock bottom if in MCU.

• 3Garbage

Sevens

Log Wizard
This is what Gal Gadot is capable of...and I really think this is her at her peak

In other words she is shit. If not for her tits and ass no one give her a second glance. And hell you can find women just as hot as her in the FSR thread right here on this forum.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This is the second time Pine has held up this movie franchise on his back, it was just more noticeable this time. Jenkins basically copied the outline of the first movie (some Themiscyra shit, Trevor loves flying, Trevorless ending with bad CGI fest, ect) and injected a bunch of Orange Man bad commentary into it. For all of its flaws, the first movie at least had heart, a couple good action pieces, and worked around Galdot's lack of acting ability. This one was just liquid shit any time Pine was not on screen (and much of the time he was). Someone compared this to Batman and Robin (Arnie, batnipples, ect) bad but at least that movie had some fun and you could make sense of the shitty villian's motivations. Kristen Wig not being the most terrible part of any movie is a metaphore for how bad this was. And the worst part is they had the elements of something good buried in there, but someone with a love of the source material and the fans needed to sort that shit out. This pushes the whole thing into Last Jedi type of Bad for me.

• 2Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
This is what Gal Gadot is capable of...and I really think this is her at her peak

In other words she is shit. If not for her tits and ass no one give her a second glance. And hell you can find women just as hot as her in the FSR thread right here on this forum.

Honestly her ass and tits are small too. She's just gorgeous, and she looks just fucking insanely beautiful with the WW costume on. And her innocence / naivety when she's a "fish out of water" is endearing. Otherwise she's garbage actress, dime a dozen.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?

Fucker

Log Wizard
This is the second time Pine has held up this movie franchise on his back, it was just more noticeable this time. Jenkins basically copied the outline of the first movie (some Themiscyra shit, Trevor loves flying, Trevorless ending with bad CGI fest, ect) and injected a bunch of Orange Man bad commentary into it. For all of its flaws, the first movie at least had heart, a couple good action pieces, and worked around Galdot's lack of acting ability. This one was just liquid shit any time Pine was not on screen (and much of the time he was). Someone compared this to Batman and Robin (Arnie, batnipples, ect) bad but at least that movie had some fun and you could make sense of the shitty villian's motivations. Kristen Wig not being the most terrible part of any movie is a metaphore for how bad this was. And the worst part is they had the elements of something good buried in there, but someone with a love of the source material and the fans needed to sort that shit out. This pushes the whole thing into Last Jedi type of Bad for me.
I recently watched a few episodes of the 70's Wonder Woman. Cringey, dumb show that also happened to be better than this movie. At least in that show we got a young Debra Winger as WW's teenage sister and got doubled up on the eye candy.

The scariest part of the movie was the fact that no one looked at it and thought to redo at least parts of it. I don't know how any sane person looked at it and thought it was in any form to be released. If you told me they wrote the script on Monday and filmed it on Tuesday I would believe you. It is largely a slightly more polished version of a movie that high schoolers would produce.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity