Woodworking

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
View attachment 420090

View attachment 420091

Stack so far, and the final rig.

I gotta admit though, I am kinda at my wits end.

We leveled the bar. We leveled the rig. The top of the log is level. It's level in literally every plane across the entire rig. We secured the mount from moving in any direction.

1-1/2 on one side, 2" on the other.

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot. Over.

likely still flexing that brace

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 420090

View attachment 420091

Stack so far, and the final rig.

I gotta admit though, I am kinda at my wits end.

We leveled the bar. We leveled the rig. The top of the log is level. It's level in literally every plane across the entire rig. We secured the mount from moving in any direction.

1-1/2 on one side, 2" on the other.

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot. Over.
Ripping chain or cross cut chain? Uneven sharpening can also cause the bar to pull in one direction.

Goatface

setup cam/phone level with the wood and record a pass.

might need to a slide rail for the angle iron at the bar end.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Ripping chain or cross cut chain? Uneven sharpening can also cause the bar to pull in one direction.

Ripping chain, almost brand new. So, probably not uneven sharpening.

Takes about 5 minutes to go thru 5 feet, so I don't think feed rate is the issue.

Just weird. I mean, it's nothing I can't plane out eventually, but goddamn, almost outta fucking ideas here.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Got the cnc up and running. Doing a 4 hour test topo now. I'd take pics, but my phone is busted.

Working pretty well so far.

edit: used the woman's phone

Thats cool. Was it an Amazon one? I think you mentioned earlier but I forgot. Was thinking about CNC because it’d be nice to toy with and do some other things. But then thought the PC would be full of dust and the screen covered.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Think I found the problem. The saw is so powerful it's rocking that fucking log. I had it chocked because it's massive, but the saw is literally picking it up and throwing it around mid cut.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Drilling the log down in several spots has helped significantly.

IMG_20220703_101749797_HDR.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
One log done

Also, my garage is gonna need to be completely emptied and cleaned when I'm done.
IMG_20220703_143358022.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
A little bit of a dilemma on my table build.

Due to no fault of my own, obviously, my right and left drawer dividers are not parallel with each other. They're about 3/8" out from back to front. My original plans called for a single middle drawer divider. I'm concerned that using it will cause more problems than I want in the drawers fit and slide and need to adjust.

Artist rendition, not to scale:

1656876991673.png

So I'm thinking about using two middle drawer dividers and making them parallel to the right and left divider. That way I have two parallel tracks for the rectangle drawer to sit in.

The left and right dividers sit in dados in the back apron that have been made. They're glued and screwed in to place and unfortunately I didn't notice the issue, that wasn't my fault, of course, existed until too late.

1656877172471.png

Looking at the artist's rendition exaggerates it a bit more than it is. The dividers are "basically" 90 degrees with the front apron and back apron. But they aren't parallel with each other. So I don't think I would need to create parallelogram drawer boxes. The runners and kickers are are 3/4" overhang on the dividers.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Goddamned saw runs great.

When it does. Thing is finicky as fuck. Ran it all day like a champ, then halfway thru the first cut on the second log, it crapped out and refuses to start. Got spark, plenty of gas, got compression. Must just flood and that's the end of it, come back tomorrow.

Goatface

Goddamned saw runs great.

When it does. Thing is finicky as fuck. Ran it all day like a champ, then halfway thru the first cut on the second log, it crapped out and refuses to start. Got spark, plenty of gas, got compression. Must just flood and that's the end of it, come back tomorrow.
did you try taking off the gas cap?

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
did you try taking off the gas cap?

Sounds dangerous. What's that supposed to do?

Also, think I'm just gonna watch some videos and tune up the carburetor, didn't really get properly done, we just got it running the best we could and started rolling. The weird thing is it'll get like this, and then the next day start right the fuck up and run fine for a few hours.

IMG_20220703_161127196_HDR.jpg

Log #2 ready to go when the saw feels like it should go. With the stacks of the boards in the back. There's some fucking park bench quality shit back there. I think a few buddies are gonna get some coffee tables outta this for helping me haul that shit up here.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Saw's dead. Pulling it apart tonight. I suspect scored cylinder, since I have spark.

Whole new cylinder kit is $30, which I suspect might be part of the problem!

• 1Worf

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Saw's dead. Pulling it apart tonight. I suspect scored cylinder, since I have spark.

Whole new cylinder kit is $30, which I suspect might be part of the problem!
How hot were you running the throttle? I don't know what I'm talking about, but I've heard from people that do seem like they know what they're talking about say you need to break the saw in with mid-speeds only for at least the first 3 fuel tanks.

I haven't fired mine up yet, but that's my plan. I'm also gonna use 25:1 fuel mix for the first few tanks in the hopes of getting adequate lubrication while everything breaks in.