WORLD CUP 2014 - BRAZIL

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
What a day, certainly makes for a bitch to get housework done to say the least. My wife being from Ecuador tomorrow morning is huge with family coming over and everything for the 9am game. Can't wait to see Argentina as well.

As far as the England game today it felt somewhat like a LFC game, I was actually rooting for England without being English. Who knew???? Think Hodgson fucked up in moving Sterling to the wing, he's an attacking mid/inside forward and not a winger. His pass to Rooney set off the first goal and he was probably their best player. Wilshire again looked like shit, same as Rooney aside from his cross to Sturridge.

Most surprising thing is of course Uruguay losing to Costa Rica. Pretty sure Cavani never looked this bad, not sure if it's just a whole year at PSG playing out of position or what the deal is but Suarez or not they shouldn't be losing that game.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
But then again, the 'fans' you refer to are just the ABU which makes up the majority of the nation, the same that gave no fucks when the best English midfielder of all time (Scholes) retired early to pave the way for likes of Lampard in middle with Gerrard.
This would be the same best English midfielder of all time who said before the World Cup that Rooney was past his best but doubted that the England management would be brave enough to drop him.

The best bit about the England goal was the pass from Sterling. The cross was decent, but no more than that. The moment of brilliance in that game was Pirlo's free kick.

On to happier things today. First time Bosnia have made it to the finals, and they get Argentina in their first game.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've probably watched more soccer in the last two days than I did the entirety of the 2010 World Cup. The games have been entertaining. Of course, they need to be watched on Univision, despite me not understanding what they are saying, except for Gooooaaaalllll!!!

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
1000% Elephants, why not.

856921267.gif

PKS

N00b
I'm just tired of the entirety of discussions being based around Rooney from all the arm chair tacticians. It's not necessary that Daily Mail has to write 100 articles a month about him, nor Scholes having to feed them with head lines. Yes, he was played out of position and Darmian ran riot around him and Baines for the first half. But at least he still produced a run & an assist to compensate - the 2 goals scored by Italy weren't impacted by Rooney in the least, more the team set up and Baines failing to deal with the wide players. On the 2nd half he was swapped out and had his 1 chance in the box where he pulled it wide... that was his only chance and he missed it. So I sympathise for him there, he's better than that. As for the rest, he had a decent game going forward and linking up, spraying passes out wide and just didn't get any other chances to score. Wasted a left footed effort over the bar, but was probably pissed off with Johnson trying it too many times. That corner was just funny but other players kept failing in the last 15 minutes (including the star man Sterling) in delivery.

Nxs_sl

shitlord
Very entertaining WC so far. England vs Italy was great. Although I can only cheer for Pirlo, I'm happy the Azzurris won.

Szlia

The swiss team seems paralyzed by tension and kindly offered a goal to Ecuador by losing the ball, committing an unneeded foul to give a good free-kick and then collectively hope the other guy will contest the header...

There were a couple decent actions, but lost in a sea of missed passes, missed corner kicks and missed free-kicks... a shame considering Ecuador is not being particularly stellar either. Let's hope it can be fixed by a good ass kicking in the locker room and some substitutions.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
I've probably watched more soccer in the last two days than I did the entirety of the 2010 World Cup. The games have been entertaining. Of course, they need to be watched on Univision, despite me not understanding what they are saying, except for Gooooaaaalllll!!!
They should be on ESPN if you only have basic cable. You can also watch it streaming online at the ESPN website.

Szlia

It's often like that. The small team fights and fights and loses in a disheartening way at the very end. 15 or 20 years ago, Switzerland was that small team that had more than its fair share of frustrating losses. But they reached another dimension in the past decade, so now they are the ones inflicting these cruel resolutions in a match they played poorly, but just well enough. Not a glorious way to win.

To help the ecuadorian swallow this bitter pill, there was clearly no offside on the canceled goal: the problem with deception apparently is that you can also deceive the line judge!

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
30 minutes of grown men falling down all to the tune of some cunt with a blow horn firing off the same pattern regardless of the state of the game. Pretty much un-watchable.

Szlia

Palacios forgot he already had a yellow for a moment and also forgot you can get away with a gentle push in the back but not with a hockey shoulder charge!