World Health Organization says we all now have a disease, Gaming Addiction

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I have a feeling gamers would have trouble with that whole “Find God” step.
I found him but have since lost him. No longer does Game genie provide me with immortality and other otherly human attributes. He has forsaken us.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Fuckin Game Genie. Half the time just has magic that makes reality harder.

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
IDK even a gym rat or bodybuilding hobbyist is only doing 7 hours to 10 hours a week. Maybe 14 at best.

20 hours seems to qualify addiction. Gamers are regularly hitting 20 hours and more.

It's not about the amount of time spent doing a particular activity, it's about how the activity becomes a priority for you that supercedes critical needs such as physical and mental health, financial stability, social and family interactions, etc.

If you're sacrificing those things to play video games, and you can't change/stop, that really does sound like an addiction.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I don't know how you can be addicted to something you will eventually, inevitably, get bored of.

No one ever got bored of heroin.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Manufacture a problem to manufacture pills to manufacture money. ADD4ALL.

There’s a head in need of a tin foil hat.

Oh wait. You’re actually correct. Strange times we live in. Sadly that’s exactly what happens these days. And lots of “camps” and “counseling”. The kids are all right.

I’m told it was way worse when the radio and then TV came out. Boob tube was ruining lives.

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
I don't know how you can be addicted to something you will eventually, inevitably, get bored of.

That's when the search for the next great thrill occurs. You go jumping from one game to the next until you find one that hits that dopamine just right and start treading along like a lab rat.

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
There’s a head in need of a tin foil hat.

Oh wait. You’re actually correct. Strange times we live in. Sadly that’s exactly what happens these days. And lots of “camps” and “counseling”. The kids are all right.

It's not tin foil hatery, it's everywhere, even in the MSM article I've browsed today. Basicaly it's a move to sell shitty pills to "cure" depression and compulsive behaviour. A bunch of concerned mothers are going to fuck up their kid and get them actually addict to shitty (and dangerous) drugs for no reason.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I know that’s why it’s worth reading more than my first sentence. Most times anyway. Well today. Well this post.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ladro

Anomaly
Most gamers I know pray to god all the time, the RNG god that is :)

Have you prayed today and received the sacrament of RNGesus? The only god I believe in.

mods_rngesus.png

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Caliane

I mean....

"Heroin dependency occurs when people continue to use the drug despite the negative repercussions it has on their lives. Physical dependence involves the need for more and more dosages every time. When drug use is discontinued instantly, patients experience withdrawal symptoms. Psychological dependence is shown when satisfying the need becomes the main motivating force in the patient’s life. The effect of heroin on the body depends on the individual person taking it, and the occurrence of addiction is not predictable. Interestingly, our bodies are very adaptable to changes and adjust themselves naturally after continued heroin use. As a result, our bodies will demand greater dosages to satisfy the same feeling of a high we get when using heroin. This is where tolerance comes into the picture. When a user eventually tries to do away with the drug, painful withdrawal symptoms ensue. You may fill out and submit a contact form for further information about dependency and tolerance factors associated with heroin abuse. "