World of Tanks

Fucker

Log Wizard
Holiday Ops starts this Friday.

We get tons of universal and national blueprints. Equivalent to two free T10 tanks in terms of xp. 360 total universal fragments for reaching festive level 10, this equals 2.5 blueprints for T10 tanks. I'm almost done with my T57 grind, and the TVP 50/51 grind happens without me playing the Skoda. Kind of a sweet deal that all I have to grind out this holiday are credits. Also, the credit bonus runs up to Feb 1.

This is great all around. Xmas is the one thing WG does right.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I wonder what they’ll dump in the boxes this year. Word on the street is the new double barrel OBJ whatever will be in them. Wasn’t last year when they tossed the IS3-A in them after they gave it the reverse auto-reloader out of the blue?

I might fire it up this month so I can get the blueprints for the UDES medium and the EBR finished out.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I haven't played this in years, but I'm kind of getting a hankering for it again. What should I be doing from the get-go, as a noob, to start grinding tiers?

Also, should I use Wargaming's client or is there a Steam version? All I see on Steam is World of Tanks: Blitz. Is that the same thing?

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Use the Wargaming client. Never played Blitz, but I think it’s a version for mobile or something. Guess they ported it to steam.

Fucker Fucker would probably know more about starting back, but can’t go wrong with Russian lines.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I haven't played this in years, but I'm kind of getting a hankering for it again. What should I be doing from the get-go, as a noob, to start grinding tiers?

Also, should I use Wargaming's client or is there a Steam version? All I see on Steam is World of Tanks: Blitz. Is that the same thing?

The best line to go down is the Soviet medium tank line that ends up in the 430/430U and the T-54/Type 62A/Object 140. These are the most well-rounded mediums in the game that do nothing poorly and everything well. The Tier 8 T-44-100 premium tank is a solid performing crew trainer for this line of tanks.

Avoid all heavy tanks for the time being. You will spend a lot of time getting royally shit on by OP tank destroyers and OP heavies. Save this for later.

Skip the USA tech tree unless you want the M53/M55 SPG or the M48 medium. The rest of the tanks suck. You can also skip the entirety of the German tech tree.

Use the WG launcher for PC. The Steam client is Blitz which is made for pocket calculators.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The best line to go down is the Soviet medium tank line that ends up in the 430/430U and the T-54/Type 62A/Object 140. These are the most well-rounded mediums in the game that do nothing poorly and everything well. The Tier 8 T-44-100 premium tank is a solid performing crew trainer for this line of tanks.

Avoid all heavy tanks for the time being. You will spend a lot of time getting royally shit on by OP tank destroyers and OP heavies. Save this for later.

Skip the USA tech tree unless you want the M53/M55 SPG or the M48 medium. The rest of the tanks suck. You can also skip the entirety of the German tech tree.

Use the WG launcher for PC. The Steam client is Blitz which is made for pocket calculators.
What "heavy" line should I be focusing on? Russian, after I've teched up their mediums?

Fucker

Log Wizard
I wonder what they’ll dump in the boxes this year. Word on the street is the new double barrel OBJ whatever will be in them. Wasn’t last year when they tossed the IS3-A in them after they gave it the reverse auto-reloader out of the blue?

I might fire it up this month so I can get the blueprints for the UDES medium and the EBR finished out.

703, E75 TS, 130PM, Progetto 46.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
I take back what I said about Xmas being the only thing Wargaming gets right. They fucked it up this year for people who want to grind combat xp in something not a MT/HT. Also, the two week extra duration for credits doesn't apply to T8+ premium tanks. WTF.

Oh well, I am only 27k xp from my last ever grind. My only goal this year is getting Festive Level 10 early and grinding 9 million credits. There's no tier ten tank credit discount this year. :confused:

I'm getting 11 loot boxes of each of the 4 collections and I think that will be it. It will be Heavytanksmas for me this year.
2.jpg

1.jpg

Fucker

Log Wizard
...and done, no more grinds. Not a bad haul so far. T57, IS-7, Progetto 65, Charioteer, Combat Lawn Mower.

1212.jpg

21.jpg

12121.jpg

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
34k xp from this beast. Just have to wait for a sale on xp conversion. Not a good tank, but ok for the occasional match when no one knows where to shoot you.

iu.jpg

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I bought 11X Large Loot boxes ended up getting a Sherman VC, a Sexton, 9.5K gold and 4M creds, a week of Prem. Fancy skins for tanks I dont own, a chick crew member with 6th sense + 1 100% choice. Not a bad haul for $20.

edit. The creds let me splurge and finally buy my BC 155 58, which is sorta meh. They nerfed the firing times, it used to be a havok reaker.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I bought 11X Large Loot boxes ended up getting a Sherman VC, a Sexton, 9.5K gold and 4M creds, a week of Prem. Fancy skins for tanks I dont own, a chick crew member with 6th sense + 1 100% choice. Not a bad haul for $20

That crew member is perfect for tanks that don't have many crew members. I put them all on the wheeled line. I haven't played much and this is where she's at:

5.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Let me guess, the search light on top is a legit hp hitbox with no armor?

It’s actually just a skin. Same hit box it’s always had. Think they just added the elaborate skins with some of the premium vehicles, and then some for Tier X’s starting last year for Xmas.

• 1Truth!

Fucker

Log Wizard
Be sure to claim Tankrewards items before the 26th is up. You can do it now. I sold all the crap and got 600k.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Another grind finished without even trying. 3.7k DPS. Almost 4000 w/food. STOCK too. It will destroy a T8 medium in 18s from full hp, closer to 12s because I always get the jump on them.

16 days left on Holiday Ops. I'll have the 4005 and the TVP 50/51 by then.

1.jpg

• 1Like