World of Tanks

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Takes a little getting used to, has a strange 'ground feel', and yup the turret is squishy. But it farms money and XP like a mofo, first match was garbage and still got 18% on 3rd perk and 36K creds

offexp.PNG

Fucker

Log Wizard
A few other really good T8 premiums. These are my favorites.

UK Centurion Mk. 5/1 RAAC. IT HAS A TIER TEN TURRET. I was on Prokhorovka spotting down over the second ridge in the middle near the 1 line and was bouncing shots from a Jagdpanzer E 100 and a Grille 15. I put the turret over the ridge and said neener neener suck my wiener. Here I am killing a tank Dukes of Hazzard style.

1 (1).jpg

French Lorraine 40t is an excellent autoloader. 1200 damage clip potential, 232 standard pen.

1 (2).jpg

Soviet T-44/100. Get this if you ever plan on getting any Soviet mediums. This tank does everything every well and has zero negatives. It doesn't go on sale that often, so grab it when it does pop up.

1 (4).jpg

Another good Chinese premium is the Type 59. It is a solid all arounder and good crew trainer. It almost never goes on sale.

3.jpg

Last edited:

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I thought the Type 59 was removed permanently from the store and the only way to get your hands on one was to win it from WG? At least that was what was going on a couple years back when I quit playing for a while. I know they even nerfed em a tiny bit because they were facerollers and folks complained OP + cant buy. Their turrets used to bounce everything and they were low and hull down super easy.

WG gave out gold ones as prizes one year.

5bee6d09391a2afa92f3ae543833ce6f.jpg

Fucker

Log Wizard
Takes a little getting used to, has a strange 'ground feel', and yup the turret is squishy. But it farms money and XP like a mofo, first match was garbage and still got 18% on 3rd perk and 36K creds

View attachment 224988

Tanks with low skill crews feel soupy until you get BIA/Off Road Driving/Clutch Braking. My T9 Skoda drives like a wet tampon with its potato crew.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Tanks with low skill crews feel soupy until you get BIA/Off Road Driving/Clutch Braking. My T9 Skoda drives like a wet tampon with its potato crew.

Offspring crew came with Band of Brothers (= BIA) Metal devil horns instead of Fists icon, plus 1 = 100% of your choice.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I thought the Type 59 was removed permanently from the store and the only way to get your hands on one was to win it from WG? At least that was what was going on a couple years back when I quit playing for a while. I know they even nerfed em a tiny bit because they were facerollers and folks complained OP + cant buy. Their turrets used to bounce everything and they were low and hull down super easy.

I thought I saw it on sale a few times. I could be wrong. I won mine last Christmas or the one before that from a loot box. And shit, I am dumb. It's CHINESE. I should have known that from the star. I don't play mine very much because it's the only tank I have in the Chinese line.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I thought I saw it on sale a few times. I could be wrong. I won mine last Christmas or the one before that from a loot box. And shit, I am dumb. It's CHINESE. I should have known that from the star. I don't play mine very much because it's the only tank I have in the Chinese line.

I wouldnt doubt they sold em again, WG loves money, they were the most hated tank way back when, a platoon of 2 could carry any team of bads.

Edit - they arent nearly as frustrating to kill as they once were since the nerf, you used to have to HE them til they got tracked then kill them, they were a huge pain in the ass. Meanwhile they are blowing big holes in you.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>

Apparently they were selling them again. And for big bucks.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I played a few games in it just now. It's just ok, nothing special. It's not particularly fast, and the gun is a bit of a potato. I didn't have it when people thought it was OP, but I never thought it was as fearsome as people made it out to be.

The Centurion Mk 5/1 RAAC is much better, as is the T-44/100. In comparison, the Centurion has 254 armor on the turret, this has 230. The Centurion has much better gun handling and roughly similar driving characteristics.

The T-44/100 completely outshines it. The Type 59 drives like a brick while the T-44/100 feels like a UFO. Ground resistance? In a pig's eye! The T-44/100 also has much better gun handling.

2.jpg

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I played a few games in it just now. It's just ok, nothing special. It's not particularly fast, and the gun is a bit of a potato. I didn't have it when people thought it was OP, but I never thought it was as fearsome as people made it out to be.

The Centurion Mk 5/1 RAAC is much better, as is the T-44/100. In comparison, the Centurion has 254 armor on the turret, this has 230. The Centurion has much better gun handling and roughly similar driving characteristics.

The T-44/100 completely outshines it. The Type 59 drives like a brick while the T-44/100 feels like a UFO. Ground resistance? In a pig's eye! The T-44/100 also has much better gun handling.

View attachment 224993

They took 30 dam off the gun, made the turret more squishy and nerfed the special MM it used to have. They must have nerfed speed too, because they were a circle strafing nightmare. it all happened a long time ago. they were expensive and a pay2win tank.

Last edited:

Fucker

Log Wizard
I swear...people need to get off their candy asses and move when they see a push. I lost two games today that would have been wins if people stopped camping bush. It's not a huge leap of logic to see 4 red dots on the map and count 4 remaining tanks to know where the fuck those tanks are.

Also, FFS, top players need to stop abandoning flanks the moment they think something isn't 100% in their favor. The surest way to lose a flank AND THE GAME is to abandon a flank and give map control to the other team. I saw this every single game the other day.

Fucker

Log Wizard

They took 30 dam off the gun, made the turret more squishy and nerfed the special MM it used to have. They must have nerfed speed too, because they were a circle strafing nightmare. it all happened a long time ago.

That's Blitz. WOT PC Type 59 got a small boost last year. IIRC, it always had 250 dmg on PC, and it still has preferential MM. It only sees T9 max.

Type 59
  • Aiming time changed to 2s (-0.3 s)
  • Engine power changed to 650 h.p (+130 h.p.)
  • Engine power/ton increased to 18.1 h.p./t (+3.66 h.p./t)
  • Damage per minute changed to 1,775 HP (+50HP)
  • Dispersion on hull traverse changed to 0.1 (-0.02)

Fucker

Log Wizard
A well deserved reward will be up tomorrow. They are giving away a T7 Hellcat and a T6 Soviet LT if you have quite a few years on the account. Free credits and some other stuff. Last year's giveway for reference

If I had to guess, the 4-5 year reward will be the T-50-2 and the 6+ year reward will be the T7 Hellcat.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
A well deserved reward will be up tomorrow. They are giving away a T7 Hellcat and a T6 Soviet LT if you have quite a few years on the account. Free credits and some other stuff. Last year's giveway for reference

If I had to guess, the 4-5 year reward will be the T-50-2 and the 6+ year reward will be the T7 Hellcat.

I have had the T-50-2 for a while, they also let you buy it with tokens not all that long ago, I got an M4 improved with Tokens a few days ago, and today I got the Super Hellcat and a couple mill in creds and 3 or 4 score of blueprints. They are saying I had 7 years of 'service'. Clicking the combat intelligence button at log in usually has link to get free loot you have to 'activate' to to achieve.

Rumor is the super Hellcat is the pre-nerfed from days of yore, version but upped a tier, wich will be awesome because that makes it basically another Wolverine, my fav.

Last edited:

Fucker

Log Wizard
I got the two tanks, and from the crates I got 7 days premium, a ton of crew training books, and enough xp to almost skip over the last of the T69 grind. I got the T54E1 after a long wait. I started grinding the T69 one YEAR ago, but gave up because it was such a pile of shit. I had all the modules purchased, so I didn't have to rebuy the tank to fxp the T54E1. It will be a casual grind to the T57 now.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Played 4 games with the Super HC, its not exactly the old pre-nerf one, but its very close. DPM isnt as good, but the mobility is mostly there. Camo rating seems less. But I am probably talking out of my ass because its been forever since the nerfs. Upside it I could use my old HC crew so I have a nice headstart on perks.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
For giggles I bought a SU-130PM, mostly because it was cheap with some coupon and also because it is not a Skorpion. It is The Glass Cannon of the game, never bounced or not penned yet, but have missed at long range, not the laser accuracy of a Skorp. Anything it hits gets 1/3 to 1/2 of its HP taken away. Seems to camo really well and huge view range. Fun and a money maker.

su-130.PNG