World of Tanks

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I quit playing about 4 years ago. I was not super high WN8 or whatever they call it now. I did have 2 barrel bands on my E75 which was my most used tank. The problem I had is if you play EQ, WoW or whatever you try to group/guild with people of a similar style/ability. If you run public matches in WoT you really don't get that. I have no idea what they do for Clan stuff now and if they can stay with each other all the time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
They've done it on purpose because they want you to roll with premium.

They say it's +50% credits and exp, but that's only accurate for exp. You'll literally get there 50% faster.

But for credits, it's so much more, because you need to subtract repair costs every single battle as well.
You fucked up, lost your tier 9 heavy without dealing any damage? That's a 20k repair bill, and you made 15k that match. So you lose 5k.
Except with Premium account, you instead make 2500. I don't even know how to accurately put this in math.

Is high tier ammo still 1000 credits a shot? So even when you're successful, premium kicks in hard, it's not just for bad rounds.

20k repair, 30k ammo resupply, 80k reward = 30k without premium, 70k with premium. +133%, not +50%.

but yeah, the worst part about this game are the completely retarded facerollers who probably struggle with all simple tasks in life. And there's no getting away from them.

The best time to plow through a line is during the Christmas event. It gives 100% xp for a month. Lines go by quickly with premium time and boosters which stack with the 100%.

As far as ammo cost is concerned, there aren't many tanks you need to use premium on. It's a massive waster of credits and it teaches you bad habits. The only time I use it is on my T30 and on matches where it is 2v2 or thereabouts and a bounce can end a game. Is use it on the T30 as a psychological factor. No one wants to play against a tank that WILL pen for 750 each shot.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I quit playing about 4 years ago. I was not super high WN8 or whatever they call it now. I did have 2 barrel bands on my E75 which was my most used tank. The problem I had is if you play EQ, WoW or whatever you try to group/guild with people of a similar style/ability. If you run public matches in WoT you really don't get that. I have no idea what they do for Clan stuff now and if they can stay with each other all the time.

E75 is still a solid heavy. I kept mine and got rid of the E100.

You can still platoon with 2 other people in randoms. A lot of top players run in platoons only because 2-3 very good players are hard to beat and can easily carry a whole team.

• 1Solidarity

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
M48 has an awesome gun. I think the best gun in the game. Also, it's the one tank that I'm not outmatched in. I am comfortable squaring off against any tank with it.

I dusted off my T30 yesterday. Got Prokhorovka and no arty. I went hull down on hill and farmed idiots and got a lucky ammo rack on an AMX almost from full HP.

Got it finally, often times stepping up to 10 from a tier 9 is disappointing, this was not. Very flexible 'All Arounder'. Good gun and the turret is bouncy when peeking over hills. Just gotta get my crew back to 100% now.

Edit - I like the 'tempo' of this tank, I can slow down my mind and make better decisions because I dont feel fragile and vulnerable. Makes returning fire in exchanges more effective. I tend to play a lot of 'glass cannons'. I just wish this were a hair quicker for circling heavies to death. Maybe it will be when crew is back to 100 and BIA is finished.

Patt.jpg

Last edited:

Fucker

Log Wizard
Got it finally, often times stepping up to 10 from a tier 9 is disappointing, this was not.

Most of the USA T10 tanks suck. E3/E4 bad. T92 SPG bad. E5 bad. I don't have the T57 yet, but no one plays it so that's a hint right there. The French wheeled vehicles killed off most of the lights from other nations. Sheridan isn't horrible, but is isn't a wheeled vehicle.

edit: I don't know if T92 is still bad. I haven't played it since they came out with 1.0. It has a really low firing arc which made it a huge pain on most maps back then.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Most of the USA T10 tanks suck. E3/E4 bad. T92 SPG bad. E5 bad. I don't have the T57 yet, but no one plays it so that's a hint right there. The French wheeled vehicles killed off most of the lights from other nations. Sheridan isn't horrible, but is isn't a wheeled vehicle.

Next up on my Tier 10 list is get my BC 155-58, another 6M credit grind. I am not going after the E-100, I like the 75 a lot and I know the 100 is just a big death box.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I swear, people need to STFU if they are dead. I came in #3 of 30 in damage and #2 in xp in my M48, and some shitburglar was whining that I wasn't doing enough. Of course, he didn't manage more than one shot.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I have been carrying a lot, fun tank, just cant die, even with a win you lose 3-4 K creds in repairs (15K without prem).

winrate.PNG

Fucker

Log Wizard
Another fun tank is the T10 Bat-Chat 25 t. I love opportunistic flanking, which this excels at because it's fast and has godlike camo. The 1950 damage in 13 seconds doesn't hurt, either. By the time someone realizes I am there, it's all over.

1.jpg
2.jpg

Fucker

Log Wizard
In case no one has it, get Aslain's modpack. It's 100% legal. Wargaming links it from their own website. All the mods it contains are also legal.

Also, link your account to XVM. XVM is a handy mod that colors player names by their WN8. It also shows pertinent info at a glance. Overall WN8, number of battles played. WG shares account stats but not password and stuff, so it's safe to use. It also comes bundled in Aslain's Modpack.

In terms of Aslain's Modpack, I use

10 color XVM Player Statistics. (XVM colors players by their stats. I can see at a glance who is elite and who is taking up space.)
3 row XVM Tank Carousel. (This lets you see most of your tanks in garage mode).
Zoom in sniper mode from 1.6 to 60. (You can zoom in really close to see your misses more often!)
Zoom-out mode to 500m. (This is a MUST HAVE MOD. You can zoom out and see all the radio range action on the entire map.)
Enable Free Camera in Replays.
Team HP Pool (This is handy to see how a flank opposite to your own is doing.)
YasenKrasen Session Stats. (This shows your WN8/WR on a rolling basis. This shows you exactly how well you have been doing. Stats don't lie!)
Painted Rollers. (This paints the road wheels for most of the tanks white. It's not a cheat, but a reminder to SHOOT ME. Tracking an opponent is an important part of winning. The more you do it, the more you will win.)
Map Ping Spam Blocker
(This game is full of petulant man-babies who will spam the mini-map with location pings every 19ms. Click this and all those pings go away.)

Also, turn off ally chat. I have almost 24,000 matches played and have almost never seen anything constructive said in chat. If something is going wrong, chat isn't going to help because you already saw it coming by keeping a regular eye on the mini-map. You can turn it back on during a battle, but don't.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Amazon Prime has Tank Overhaul (TV Series 2006– ) - IMDb streaming, has a lot of the WOT favorites.

Twitch Prime loot dropped today. Free commander and a bunch of other stuff. The two weeks of 5x is sweet. I got the Stridsvagn B and it has sick camo. An enemy 268-4 drove right in front of me and didn't spot me until I put two shots into his taillights.

Gawt damn, the tanks up to the Skoda T 50 are all junk. They are obviously deigned to skip over.

Fucker

Log Wizard
OK, I am retarded, but I do love me some Offspring. and American Mediums.

View attachment 224978

That's a solid tank because 280 pen HEAT. You should keep 15 rounds, because that's the main strength of the tank.

Be careful when hull down because it only has 177 armor on the turret. Hide the tumor when you can because it is an easy hit.

But yes, solid tank.

• 1Solidarity

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
That's a solid tank because 280 pen HEAT. You should keep 15 rounds, because that's the main strength of the tank.

Be careful when hull down because it only has 177 armor on the turret. Hide the tumor when you can because it is an easy hit.

But yes, solid tank.

I watched a buncha reviews before I bought it but the little commercial they made probably had me sold already. I havent even rolled it out yet, gonna get my drink on first.