World of Warcraft: Current Year

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
4Chan Meme's or actual leaks you decide. My guess is this has to be a troll but then again Ion is pretty much worthless in every way so it wouldn't surprise me.
  • WoW will be implementing something akin to ESO's leveling system.
  • The level cap in 9.0 will be 60 and we'll be questing to level 70.
  • Faction merge prototype at the moment and testing how warmode could still leave PvP intact.
  • On the faction merge they're TALKING about letting people interact with the other faction as long as warmode is off. Orcs in SW and Night Elves in Horde guilds and so on.
  • The next allied races are Vulpera and Mechagnome and the ones after that are Lightbound Undead for the Alliance and some sort of Boar creature that uses the Worgen rig for the Horde
  • High elves are doa.
  • No Sethrakk
  • Sylvanas survives into the next expansion, right now she's trying to stop N'zoth and after he escapes we'll fight her and reseal N'zoth as the final boss of BfA
  • After Sylvanas leaves to do her thing Lilian Voss is slated to become the new Forskaen leader although if "faction stuff" is scrapped then Calia with be the leader. (Whatever "faction stuff" means...maybe dissolving the factions gameplay wise? Or storywise?)
  • In 8.3 we "defeat" N'zoth but he isn't gone forever
  • Allegedly 8.3 was going to include Tyrande's revenge but since people were dissatisfied with the start of the expansion it got bumped forward
  • Baine and Anduin make peace and Sylvanas loyalists go into hiding
  • The next expansion will deal with the resurgence of the dragons (Wrathion finally comes back) as well as dealing with the forces of Death. Elune, some sort of aspect of the Light, has become "frenemies" with Death. Naturally the kaldorei are devastated that their goddess worked towards/allowed Tel'drassil to burn
  • Says that Bwonsomdi's boss is a "she", no name yet
  • Something about an orb we're getting as the new artifact/azerite system and a bunch of quests related to it? (Is this something on live?)
  • New class is Tinker with prestige classes along with it. Prestige classes being "class skins" you would have to unlock with Necromacer, Dragonsworn, and Dark Shaman in-progress at the moment.
  • Dragonsworn are a Driud skin and he gave the example that flame and frost would replace lunar cycles
  • Prestige classes are a seperate class. So if you played a Druid and unlocked Dragonsworn you would then have to make a new character rather than slap a skin on your Druid
  • Tinkers start at level 50. Tank/Healer/DPS that use mail armor. Tanks use power armor, Healers use healbots inbetween dpsing, and the DPS se stealth, bombs, mines, and guns
  • Player housing is forever in development hell
sa2fdawiir431.png

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
They're not doing to to stop xp gain, they're doing it to stop boosting for $$$ / gold
At one point, they should realize that their scaling system they're so proud of is causing more problems than it solved.

Scaling as a solution to implement timewalking raid/dungeons worked. Scaling as the global path to leveling does not.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I have a hardon for two things in fantasy. Monks and Tinkergineer mecha class shit. So Tinker is right up my alley. Most of those changes seem pretty good minus the THIRD god damn Azerite Orb roundup. For fuck's sake let's reinvent how to fuck things up!

Rime

<Donor>
I was down with all of that until the idea of having to roll ANOTHER character to use the 'Prestige' Skin. That would be so pants on head retarded that they might actually do it, with a $$$ transfer in the Cash Shop option, of course.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
D
At one point, they should realize that their scaling system they're so proud of is causing more problems than it solved.

Scaling as a solution to implement timewalking raid/dungeons worked. Scaling as the global path to leveling does not.
It isn't causing any problems. People wanted leveling paths that weren't on rails. They now have that. There is no real downside to scaling. You get to play the content you want in your current expansion without having to worry that you out level it. What's the issue?

As far as xp off reducing other people's exp, who gives a shit. If you were paying 300k to turn 8 hours of lazy leveling in to 2.5 hours of lazy leveling then I'm pretty sure you were retarded. Also no one was selling islands, they were selling freehold.

• 1Repost

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
D

It isn't causing any problems. People wanted leveling paths that weren't on rails. They now have that. There is no real downside to scaling. You get to play the content you want in your current expansion without having to worry that you out level it. What's the issue?

As far as xp off reducing other people's exp, who gives a shit. If you were paying 300k to turn 8 hours of lazy leveling in to 2.5 hours of lazy leveling then I'm pretty sure you were retarded. Also no one was selling islands, they were selling freehold.

People have pointed out time and time again you get weaker while leveling and if feels awkward in this type of game. It is not a good player experience to level in BFA.

Blizzard doing everything in their power to ruin twinking is lame, it screams you are having fun the wrong way. Also since the leveling process is so poor people do anything they can think of to bypass it, hence the XP pot exploit, or using 110s to abuse the shit scaling to effectively skip 110-120 as quickly as possible. On top of this the % of the playerbase that take part in this is a tiny fraction and usually it’s doing shit like leveling up Allied Race bullshit and jumping through made up hoops for a different class skin.

Then again you being always the loyal Blizzard apologist would try to spin this into some sort of positive.

• 5Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 5 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People have pointed out time and time again you get weaker while leveling and if feels awkward in this type of game. It is not a good player experience to level in BFA.

Blizzard doing everything in their power to ruin twinking is lame, it screams you are having fun the wrong way. Also since the leveling process is so poor people do anything they can think of to bypass it, hence the XP pot exploit, or using 110s to abuse the shit scaling to effectively skip 110-120 as quickly as possible. On top of this the % of the playerbase that take part in this is a tiny fraction and usually it’s doing shit like leveling up Allied Race bullshit and jumping through made up hoops for a different class skin.

Then again you being always the loyal Blizzard apologist would try to spin this into some sort of positive.
You only get weaker if you were in full raid gear with legendaries. Which, guess what, happened when scaling didn't exist as well. So no change. Have any more well thought out arguments?

I complain about things that are stupid. This change literally only effects idiots willing to pay 300k to save a couple hours. Why does this matter to you? How does this even effect you?

• 2Picard
  • 1Repost
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You only get weaker if you were in full raid gear with legendaries. Which, guess what, happened when scaling didn't exist as well. So no change. Have any more well thought out arguments?

I complain about things that are stupid. This change literally only effects idiots willing to pay 300k to save a couple hours. Why does this matter to you? How does this even effect you?

Because it supports the argument that Blizzards philosophy is, "the end game is the only game" which is retarded and counter to RPG as a genre.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Because it supports the argument that Blizzards philosophy is, "the end game is the only game" which is retarded and counter to RPG as a genre.
How does making you actually play through the other levels instead of bypassing them support the argument that Blizzard only cares about the end game? If anything this supports the exact opposite logic.

• 1Like
  • 1Repost

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

Disagree with paragraph one. This is the first expansion where you visibly became MUCH weaker around the halfway levelling mark. I went from being able to aoe exp mobs to struggling with anything more than 1. Come on man, if you don't like how people were levelling fine - but don't try to rewrite the narrative of this expansion.

The only reason power levelling through twinks exist is because blizzard broke the scaling in bfa.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Can confirm. Leveling 110 to 120 still feels like shit even if you're doing it without coming from endgame Legion. I just (literally a few days ago) leveled up an alliance warlock from 0 - 120, and there was a noticeable loss of power as I went from 110 - 120. It felt like shit.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Very basically this.

The point is, it started when they went to use ratings instead of flat % on items, because "this makes the item grow more powerful over time" (which still happens when you're at max level: every time you increase your stats, the power of haste/crit/mastery/etc increases). The correct solution to this was to dilute +% stats in any given item with flat +X stats, so that the item would grow in power with levels, but more slowly than the average power of items per level. Replace the +2% crit trinket with a +0.75% crit, +9 INT trinket. It's very strong, but by the time you hit 70, guess what? It's still the best Vanilla item, but now you have better items.

The rating solution meant that, instead of growing slightly more powerful, the efficiency of an item DECREASED as you leveled. And guess what? Once most of your item's power is in the form of +% ratings, it's significant.

But that didn't matter much, because when you leveled, you became more powerful vs the mob that didn't level. If you really were underpowered, you simply kept doing slightly easier content until you upgraded enough gear.

Enter Legion/BFA scaling. At that point, you gain in power when you level... then lose it when suddenly every single mob levels when you hit half level. Do you know why the mobs don't level as you do, but only after half the level? So that you have the opportunity to get some items... so that when the level nerf hits, it won't FEEL TOO BAD.

And that's the result of the scaled world. When you level, you start each level with your gear becoming slightly weaker while you grow more powerful, then you grow weaker 50% later. Meaning it's a race between your leveling and your gearing to maintain parity. The entire leveling is a seesaw in terms of power. And you are NOT ALLOWED to pick an easier route. It's my way or the highway.

Oh, and to add insult to injury, in Legion, the scaling was exclusively based on level. So at max level, you could grow more powerful with ilvls. But in BFA... every named scales also with your ilvl, so your power grow, but the enemies reduce the gap. Every time.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Disagree with paragraph one. This is the first expansion where you visibly became MUCH weaker around the halfway levelling mark. I went from being able to aoe exp mobs to struggling with anything more than 1. Come on man, if you don't like how people were levelling fine - but don't try to rewrite the narrative of this expansion.

The only reason power levelling through twinks exist is because blizzard broke the scaling in bfa.
I have leveled 6 toons this expansion. Only 1 of them had anything from last expansion, the rest were brand new characters.

How many characters have you leveled this expansion who had no raid gear or legendaries from Legion?

McCheese McCheese I did not notice that at all leveling my warlock. I did him as destruction, what spec did you level as? I was still 2 shotting mobs at level 119.

• 1Repost
  • 1Dislike

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have leveled 6 toons this expansion. Only 1 of them had anything from last expansion, the rest were brand new characters.

How many characters have you leveled this expansion who had no raid gear or legendaries from Legion?

McCheese McCheese I did not notice that at all leveling my warlock. I did him as destruction, what spec did you level as? I was still 2 shotting mobs at level 119.

2, one with no raid gear. It felt the same! The raid character did feel worse though, I'll give you that. It still felt like I went to the trash dump, found a dirty diaper, and ate it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The change is idiotic and affects anyone who has friends as well the market for sale run leveling. Twinking was even faster and more lucrative in Legion than it is now. The 840 ilvl BoEs usable at 101 were outrageously powerful and by midway through the expansion you could buy ilvl 1000 legendaries that were also usable at 101. Not to mention all the food buffs that made it even faster.

XP Off twinking is not new to BfA. It wasn't new to Legion either, Legion just made it a lot more fun to make a 101 twink to sell runs with. Killing twink power leveling serves no real purpose other than to piss players off.

And scaling content is not a problem. It's one of the better changes they've made to the leveling process in a long, long time. The problem is Blizzard acting like twinking and power leveling, something that has been a staple of every MMO ever, is suddenly a major issue and needs to be stopped at all costs.

Last edited:

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Those 4chan "leaks" are literally just some dude reposting Taliesin and Evitel video contents :D

Chris

Potato del Grande
I was down with all of that until the idea of having to roll ANOTHER character to use the 'Prestige' Skin. That would be so pants on head retarded that they might actually do it, with a $$$ transfer in the Cash Shop option, of course.
They literally just did 'Prestige' races most of which are reskins. Unlock Dark Iron Dwarf with your regular Dwarf? Buy a level boost!

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
True.. until you actually get at least normal-heroic geared in current tier and then you're back to god status. I know basically nobody in this thread actually plays anymore so I don't blame them for still thinking this, but this was only an issue in the first tier of this expansion.

GRANTED it still shouldn't be something that happens. I literally came from killing an actual, literal god on mythic to dying from no cds when I pulled like 4 crabs in a cave 3 weeks later lmao. DON'T WORRY BOYS I CAN KILL LIKE 30 CRABS AGAIN