World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea, I wouldn't play that game. Sounds even worse than BfA.

No new skills, no new abilities, just a bunch of mundane, generic hoops to jump through to do something I haven't enjoyed in a very long time... raid.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Should go the opposite way. Unlimited levels but mobs continue to scale with you making each new level completely void of meaning. You are level 3,467 and do 1 trillion dps but in reality you are doing the same % damage as the level 13 swinging for 47 damage.

Then make levels not matter in PvP because PvP scaling.

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Sorry but gating content behind Loremaster achievements sounds terrible.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yea, I wouldn't play that game. Sounds even worse than BfA.

No new skills, no new abilities, just a bunch of mundane, generic hoops to jump through to do something I haven't enjoyed in a very long time... raid.
You can easily put all of that into the quest lines for each of the zones. This could bring back "choice" as well since you can decide which order you do them in and thus which skills you get first. Make them thematic. Ice zone has a frost debuff you can apply. Make a quest in the capital city that unlocks raiding and takes all of the skills you have learned and combines them into a rainbow stare of doom.

There are plenty of options for a game without levels.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Sorry but gating content behind Loremaster achievements sounds terrible.
So does the current game where level doesn't matter except for raiding and mythics being gated behind them. So does deleting levels because they don't like the number being 3 digits.

Khane

The lack of levels isn't the problem with the idea. It worked fine for Velious. Your proposed implementation just doesn't sound fun.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
There's always

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/09/PlayersHandbook8Cover.jpg

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't really know how you capture iconic items where you just know, "that dude's epeen is massive" the second you see it. They had that in vanilla. They lost that over the years to the point that nobody could tell you a single item they had outside of maybe the artifact weapons of Legion.

How do you recreate something like that intentionally? I liked that EQ's Rubicite Armor was part of the basis for recognizing someone's epeen in Wow lol.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Get rid of levels and tie progression to battle pets imo. Complete the transition to World of Pokemon. Collecting, improving, and battling pets is endless quality content.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Get rid of levels and tie progression to battle pets imo. Complete the transition to World of Pokemon. Collecting, improving, and battling pets is endless quality content.

As you wish I present to you World of Petcraft - Battle for Pokemon

A treasure trove of new mounts, pets, toys, and gear awaits in Rise of Azshara. We’ve rounded up a selection of what’s available to help you formulate a plan of action.

LZI71G7JE41J1559775353044.jpg

Preview—New Pet Battle Dungeon: Stratholme - WoW

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The entire content patch is like nothing but reps, mounts and pets to grind for. Eventually there will be thousands of them in World of Mountcraft.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I don't really know how you capture iconic items where you just know, "that dude's epeen is massive" the second you see it. They had that in vanilla. They lost that over the years to the point that nobody could tell you a single item they had outside of maybe the artifact weapons of Legion.

How do you recreate something like that intentionally? I liked that EQ's Rubicite Armor was part of the basis for recognizing someone's epeen in Wow lol.
You give out very few items and make them look distinct and cool.

I had a staff with a snake head from ZG. I want to say Staff of Arlokk? I feel like it had a lot of spirit and was good for my mana regen.

It was almost impossible to get good items and I used that when we realm firsted Princess Huhuran in Aq40, the character still has it and has been left at lv60.

My lv120 Priest still wears the Naxxramas class set and I got that from the WotLK remake but it looked fucking amazing in vanilla.

My priest had 2 armour sets in vanilla (Dungeon and a mix of T1/T2) and 2 armour sets in Burning Crusade (Shadoweave crafted and Absolution from Black Temple). Since then she's had a hundred different generic recolours of gear from every expansion after I can hardly remember. Yet she's wearing that first WotLK set which debued in vanilla...

They need to delete 99% of the gear from the game and have sockets/warforge come from upgrading your gear via crafting.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
The entire content patch is like nothing but reps, mounts and pets to grind for. Eventually there will be thousands of them in World of Mountcraft.
There is a new dungeon and two new raids. A new PVP BG, a new arena.

(also I kinda like battle pets)

edit: also fixing necklace problems. and a moddable trinket.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
There is a new dungeon and two new raids. A new PVP BG, a new arena.

(also I kinda like battle pets)

edit: also fixing necklace problems. and a moddable trinket.

Two new zones, LOTS OF NEW MOGS BOI, and flying

This patch actually has quite a lot of content for a .2 patch

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Its just content that they planned to trickle into the game over the course of the expansion. I would imagine a lot of the stuff has been around for a while, but needed tweaks and polish.