World of Warcraft: Classic

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So is this board going mostly Horde or Alliance? some mods need to make some surveys and shit.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I'm hoping Classic is popular enough that it will make them re-think their strategy for a few things going forward, like scaling back on ability pruning a little.

Maybe merge realms via layering instead of sharding; the same 5-8 low pop realms will be layered together instead of just throwing in a mish mash of people from all over so you'll always run into and get to know the same people.

Other than that I don't expect any big changes, but if Classic works out well it's hard to ignore what people like about it when you see it live.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Pretty much all of WoW on Twitch is now classic. That's gotta be a blow to the ego of the dipshits who made BfA.

Their "reimagined" ideas of sad orcs, +gooderer stats and "casual raids" are so much better.

Flip thru the WC2 manual and start wondering where it all went off the rails.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
70K people watching Soda play the Beta.

The hype is real!

It's very real. However, I think Blizz is making a mistake by delaying release by another 3.5 months. It's not going to make most people want it MORE. It's going to frustrate them and cause them to say "fuck it" because they have to wait so much longer for something that is very likely 95% or more complete.

Couple that with the Beta access requiring a paying sub and it feels a little like a slap in the face. Now, I understand a fair few number of people these days feel they are entitled to instant gratification and that's shown up from a few YT channels. But, an unnecessary 3.5 month tease? If I had access right now, I'd play (and pay) for a long time. But, since I have to wait until September, I'm not so sure I'll even bother. I don't know yet.

With me, Blizz went from a long-term paying customer to a "maybe". I could be alone, but I doubt it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think if they would let the masses in on this beta they would see a huge die off even quicker. Besides this beta is only up to lv 30 or some shit, why would you want to grind this shit over and over? Then they beta wipe it all for release and you want to do it all over again?

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My point is, it should be live some time late June, not 27th of August. There is no reason for the beta to last as long as it's going to. Go live, people sub, make money, peeps happy.

• 2Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think if they would let the masses in on this beta they would see a huge die off even quicker. Besides this beta is only up to lv 30 or some shit, why would you want to grind this shit over and over? Then they beta wipe it all for release and you want to do it all over again?
Up to level 30 FOR NOW

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL, relax, enjoy your summer, go outside, have some fun, drink beers, enjoy BBQ, plenty fo time for WoW when summer over.

• 2Solidarity

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm just waiting for the general public to get access to it and then complain how it's too hard to get through Blackwing Lair because of these three little words:

Onyxia Scale Cloak

Although, I do remember the posts from Vanilla Beta about how we wouldn't see a "real" dragon in the game until Onyxia. "Oh... OH ok, you win this one Blizzard." (Remember, Azuregos was released into the world later!)

I took a glance at some of the stuff they did for this reincarnation of Classic, and I'm like "but... Inferno and Ritual of Doom came from drops in BWL and Tainted Scar; the quests were MONTHS later".

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
They have hyped it up for way longer than needed still it’s awesome to see it come out. Blizzard went from flat out no on Classic and all “You think you do but you don’t” with that J. Allen Brakk faggot to actually releasing this shit. Even if they have dragged their fucking feet through the sand to do so.

Watching Asmondgold die to acidentally agroing a 2nd mob was enough to remind you that the world was a dangerous place. In BFA you can run into a camp pull every fucking mob then hero Jesus them the fuck down because the game is that much different. There is hard content in the live game but it’s all memorizing DDR dance moves to move out of one of the 300348 puddles of dogshit or whatever other artificial challenge they need to add.

Watch the classic shit and you will see it’s just way tighter tuning numbers. I am sure people are sceptical if they have never played Vanilla but it was a better game.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m playing. I’ll probably be mostly casual. I’m debating warlock or warrior. I’ve always tanked as a main but given how casual I have to be, I’ll probably opt for competent warm body dps. SM/Ruin!!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
A lot of people which played this 15 yrs ago dont have the time to dedicate 30-40 hrs a week into this like they did when they were young. Ill be casual'ing it up too, probably going more to the PvP side of things.

• 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Again I think people vastly over estimate the time needed for classic, yeah I guess if you wanna shitsock end game as fast as possible you could be putting in 30-40 hours a week or if you want to grind High Warlord but goddamn who would want to grind that retarded shit system?

Hell the top end today requires more effort than vanilla ever did. I mean you can't play it in LFR sized 15-30 minute chunks like some sort of shitty Fortnight game but you also don't need to do 8-10 hour marathon sessions either.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I seem to recall leveling taking about 4 days played for the best of the best that had all the quest routes down to science (before the quest mods ever came out) So thats roughly 100 hours just to get to end game.

This was the record holder, playing a hunter of course during vanilla. 116 hours.

joana4days.jpg

All the questing guides are on that website too.