World of Warcraft: Classic

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
7 days /played will be faster than average. That’s how long it takes most experienced/serious players if they don’t afk in town, pvp, worry about tradeskills, or waste time doing most dungeons. Rest XP makes a big difference too though so somebody playing 4 hours a day will naturally have a faster /played time than somebody playing 8 hours a day as long as they’re diligent about logging out in cities or inns.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Estimates 12 days for me, which sounds about right, even with leveling Enchanting and Tailoring to max along the way.

Then i'll be MC-farming Tyr's hand to get the Crusader enchant to fund the massive amount of re-speccing I'll need to do.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I am kind of torn as to what professions I will go with once it's released. For PvP Engineering is kind of to good to pass up but it's expensive and PvP has always been a secondary distraction for me in this game. If I do what I did back then it would be Blacksmithing and Enchanting which were always solid money makers. Even with Blacksmithing though it's going to be hard to choose between weaponsmith or armorsmith.

Alt wise I will probably get as many alchemist as I can manage to pump out that Arcanite Bar factory that needs to happen.

Siliconemelons

What is the system requirements for classic? is it a different client/install than "live" or just a different server? sorry noob questions lol

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Thinking of going mining and alchemy for arcanite as was said above. But I may end up doing alchemy and engineering and just paying for mats.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I can't remember when engineering became the best raiding trade or if it just always was.

I don't know if engineering was anything special for PvE aside from wanting someone with a repair bot. I am not sure if any of the bombs were a dps increase. I know they had some coolshit that could backfire and fuck you up.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
What is the system requirements for classic? is it a different client/install than "live" or just a different server? sorry noob questions lol

I think its the same client as live so not sure about system reqs but im sure its more than when it released.

• 1Solidarity

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I don't know if engineering was anything special for PvE aside from wanting someone with a repair bot. I am not sure if any of the bombs were a dps increase. I know they had some coolshit that could backfire and fuck you up.

On Viscidus everyone uses sappers to destroy the blobs

xzi

Mouthbreather
It depends how anal your guild is about kill times. Maybe server firsts would make a lot of sense. Engineering bombs can do quite a big chunk of damage if 40 people throw it, it's how that one guild on private servers speed cleared BWL insanely fast by doing huge pulls.

Bombs are still added dps at no resource cost (other than materials, obviously). You can also get trinkets that guarantee you resistance (there's one for every spell family except holy afaik).

But mostly engineering is god tier in pvp because it has so many items that can cc or help you with cc, etc. And bombs. And also the resistance trinkets can be used on players except in pvp it will reflect a spell back.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'd do engineering and mining at first. Experience from nodes is nice while leveling as I recall. Shift to Alchemy later.

Siliconemelons

Gnome Warlock it is... Human is cool for + sword but...thats vanity...the one 2h crystal sword is kinda helpful as a lock... but gnome tinkering is op esp pvp

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Engineering was also sweet for hunters (if you went goblin) for those sweet FD/Jumper Cables. Not sure if this patch is before or after they changed raid combat ticks, though if you were a pro, you could still sneak one in (Combat tick was 5? seconds and cables were a 4sec cast I think?).

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Ahh so many saved runs on my rogue by vanishing as everyone else died and jumper cabling the rezzer.

• 1Solidarity