World of Warcraft: Classic

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Have you ever played with the average WoW player? Also I'm going to say a lot of current WoW players who are currently playing and will play the classic server, weren't playing classic or even TBC

I fully expect current retail players to initially struggle with classic difficulty (based on what I've heard about the current game)

I just can't see the players that make it to 60 and who start raiding having anything like the same experience we had back in the day - raiding every night to down one boss, it just isn't happening

I mean, as soon as bigwigs gets updated for classic you have an addon that alerts you to every mechanic

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Some guilds will kill Rag in week 2 of the servers being up, there may even be a few that get him in week 1. There will also be many many more guilds that don’t even step foot in MC until weeks 3, 4, or 5 and take several weeks to actually clear it. Saying shit like “there won’t be progression guilds” is just flat out wrong. It won’t be like 2005/2006 and lots of guilds will have weeks of farming MC before BWL opens but acting like 100% of guilds will down Rag the first week they raid and then will immediately start split raiding with alts and clearing 3 MCs a week is ridiculous.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Kind of an asinine argument. Yes people know more than they did at release. Yes people will kill it probably faster than anyone expects, and yes there will be guilds that take their time and do it at their own pace.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Ok clarify for me then, do you think classic progression will be identical or similar to how it was in 2004-TBC when guilds were slowly clearing their way through MC, trying to figure out how Onyxia worked, cock blocked by Vael, gearing up additional tanks 4HM etc etc and when people only had forums like this one to share ideas and potential strats

How many people knew nature resistance gear was necessary for Visc and Huhu? Or that Sappers cheese the shatter phase of Visc. And Frost Res for Sapphiron?

Every aspect of the game has been figured out, regardless of pvt server accuracy, there's very little if anything left to learn. Every encounter has the strategies with videos on YouTube

Sure, bad players and guilds will always be present, there are guilds on ND that haven't entered AQ yet, but the content is not going to be the obstacle to progress this time round.
I fully expect current retail players to initially struggle with classic difficulty (based on what I've heard about the current game)

I just can't see the players that make it to 60 and who start raiding having anything like the same experience we had back in the day - raiding every night to down one boss, it just isn't happening

I mean, as soon as bigwigs gets updated for classic you have an addon that alerts you to every mechanic

This explains a lot.

You were a shitty player in a shitty guild during classic. The rest of us knew everything you are talking about back when it was relevant. Nobody was confused on how things worked.

Do you know why people raided multiple nights to down a single boss? Because the amount of gear flow was limited and not everyone in the guild cared enough to be the autistic min max private server style junkie.

You just don’t get how the game and how the players work at all because you are in the middle of playing an artificial facsimile and thinking it’s the most accurate representation of how Classic will launch.

It is painfully obvious that you don’t understand how the majority of people play this game, back then and now. People like my boss at the time that completely filled out every talent in one tree before touching the other two options because he assumed that he had to.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This explains a lot.

You were a shitty player in a shitty guild during classic. The rest of us knew everything you are talking about back when it was relevant. Nobody was confused on how things worked.

Do you know why people raided multiple nights to down a single boss? Because the amount of gear flow was limited and not everyone in the guild cared enough to be the autistic min max private server style junkie.

You just don’t get how the game and how the players work at all because you are in the middle of playing an artificial facsimile and thinking it’s the most accurate representation of how Classic will launch.

It is painfully obvious that you don’t understand how the majority of people play this game, back then and now. People like my boss at the time that completely filled out every talent in one tree before touching the other two options because he assumed that he had to.
I think the major disconnect here is player ability over a 15 year span. I know for sure that I personally am a million times better as a player than I was in Vanilla, and I was even in a good guild back then.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
I was in the top horde guild on my server and was the only warlock that did top tier dps through most of vanilla, half of them would literally recast corruption over and over because it kept getting knocked off and do as much dps as the tank. Or players that wouldn’t start casting their next shadowbolt/frostbolt until their previous one actually hit the boss and they saw the damage. Stuff like that will still happen in Classic but not to the same degree that it did originally.

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I think the major disconnect here is player ability over a 15 year span. I know for sure that I personally am a million times better as a player than I was in Vanilla, and I was even in a good guild back then.
And the gear gating will slow that down a bit. Also the patch gating. Basically all the gating is what is going to slow that down.

Ossoi is right that at least one guild per server will beat each raid potentially opening night that it is unlocked. The other 99% of the server will be in zero rush and not because they don’t know how but because they don’t care to.

You aren’t going to outgear or outplay cloaks at BWL launch. Most guilds aren’t going to push Onyxia keys to an insane level of completion. Most guilds aren’t going to split raid. Most guilds aren’t going to nonstop raid UBRS.

That doesn’t mean they don’t know how to do it. We knew how to do it all in 2004.

A couple guilds will be racing the above timeframes and the rest of the people don’t give a shit. Where you are going to see a major difference is first boss to last boss in a tier kill times. Those bosses took some strat tweaking and practice at the time.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I was in the top horde guild on my server and was the only warlock that did top tier dps through most of vanilla, half of them would literally recast corruption over and over because it kept getting knocked off and do as much dps as the tank. Or players that wouldn’t start casting their next shadowbolt/frostbolt until their previous one actually hit the boss and they saw the damage. Stuff like that will still happen in Classic but not to the same degree that it did originally.
I don't think you're going to be seeing any of that... the playerbase is dumb but not that retarded.

Fartbox

Trakanon Raider
We’ve got 20 people dualboxing for classic so we only need half the retards. There’s at least 30 guilds I’ve heard of with poopsock in mind for this then. I’ve already arranged for a 4-day power level for my warrior and priest. Clearing everything available by second week is the plan.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The rest of us knew everything you are talking about back when it was relevant. Nobody was confused on how things worked.

The idea that 2004 knowledge is the same as 2019 knowledge is laughable, just laughable, j genuinely don't know how you can say that with a straight face

That line of thinking suggests theory crafting wasn't a thing, because why theory craft if you know all there is to know lol.

As for my status in vanilla, I can link the web archive guild site posts if you want to know exactly when we killed stuff. Tigole pmed me on the old boards in Jan 05 wanting to know how we bugged out Lucifron for our first kill. Or you can ask a c i d.f l y a c i d.f l y about our progression, up to you

"You aren’t going to outgear or outplay cloaks at BWL launch. "

Literally from earlier on my guild discord

"Onyxia cloaks will be annoying as well, need to do 13 man raids for scales >quick nefarian loot"

"Fusion did that strat where everyone dies or hearths out and 3 ppl get the kill"

"Also we did the ony shit in reign from day 1 it's how we had viskags on all our melee. We'd kill ony 5 or 6 times a week like that"

"thinking it’s the most accurate representation of how Classic will launch."

I've never said private servers are 100% accurate, but I don't believe they're so different that they're totally unreliable

I cba to keep arguing this point.

The simple answer is that everyone knows how Onyxia works, how deep breath works, when the lands etc, nobody is going to be doing dumb stuff. Everyone has instant access to all strategies.

To keep making the claim that everyone knew this in vanilla makes me think you're trolling

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
"BWL was released with patch 1.6 and it took 77 days to down Nefarian. Bosses from all over Azeroth are being kited to Vael's room to this day."

That's what original progression looked like, and that was for the world first. Every other guild after that took longer.

Most guilds aren't going to take anywhere near as long to down Nef, not with 1.12 talents, knowledge, strategies etc.

I don't know how anyone can think this length of progression is going to make a comeback

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
I don't know how anyone can think this length of progression is going to make a comeback
You keep making this claim, over and over. Its like you're arguing with a shadow.

Nobody is claiming that it will.

They are saying that SOME GUILDS will take just as long as vanilla. And SOME GUILDS will be faster than vanilla.

But this is good thread to reference when anyone claims you are not a retard.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would like to apologize for any previous criticisms on various parts of this forum, of the British government and their heavyhanded censorship. I thought they were becoming tyrants, but as it turns out, their citizens are apparently just fucking retarded. I totally get it now.

• 7Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 9 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We’ve got 20 people dualboxing for classic so we only need half the retards. There’s at least 30 guilds I’ve heard of with poopsock in mind for this then. I’ve already arranged for a 4-day power level for my warrior and priest. Clearing everything available by second week is the plan.

You are the exception, by far. Those 30 guilds are the exception as well. 95% of players won't have anything to prove and just want to enjoy the game, getting to raids as it happens, not because "OMG must play 16 hours a day and raid week one, its the only way to play classic!!!".

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
You are the exception, by far. Those 30 guilds are the exception as well. 95% of players won't have anything to prove and just want to enjoy the game, getting to raids as it happens, not because "OMG must play 16 hours a day and raid week one, its the only way to play classic!!!".
Exactly. The majority of us aren't raging faggots like Fartbox Fartbox

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im sure there will be plenty of both, both hardcore peeps and casuals, like every server in all of MMORPG history ever had. There will be people the second week clearing MC or whatever while the rest of the plebs are in barrens chatting about jews.