World of Warcraft: Classic

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The only thing we bitched about during Classic were server outages, queues, loot lag and bad players. Ok, yeah, honestly managing DKP and getting 40 players could be an issue unless they only have one server, or "LF2M for BRD need tank and heals", but I still have issues finding +15 key mythics or getting accepted to a heroic Antorus clear even with a 970+ gearscore. QOL stuff like expensive respecs I'd take over having to change my spec between every fuckin fight.

40 man UBRS was pretty dumb, though, though I miss the 40 man "dungeon" runs cycling through 5 folks at a time on one of the bosses in Stratholme live side, since he wasn't a raid quest. To be fair, 15 man UBRS was still pretty damn hard. Which version is in 1.12? The 15, 10, or 5? It's been so long...

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
UBRS was changed to 5 man in Cataclysm with all the dungeon revisions. UBRS will be 15 man in 1.12. Apparently most of the lower dungeons will still be "up to 10 man", since that didn't change until 2.4. BRD, Dire Maul, Stratholme and Scholomance will be 5 man restricted.

WoW -> Info -> Basics -> World Dungeons

Did they fix dropping raid to do quests at that point?

Last edited:

Needless

Toe Sucker
pretty sure that was still a thing long into TBC+ hell it might even still be a thing lol

i actually had no idea you could do 10 people in old lower lvl dungeons back then wtf

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think it was originally 15 even in strath/scholo

• 1Solidarity

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
In the beginning, the only limit was the maximum raid size, which was 40 players. They "fixed" that, and we hadn't gotten the shortcut to MC yet, so we had to shuttle a few players at a time through BRD, which was fucking frustrating as hell because it made wiping a huge endeavor, especially since mobs respawned on a very short timer in BRD, and I specifically remember waiting for the "main group" (GM+officers) to re-clear before funneling players back into MC. Fortunately the shortcut was added rather quickly.

They learned their lesson with BWL, and put that shortcut in at the same time BWL came out. Getting folks attuned was still originally a PITA, but that really only took a week, and a million times better than having to clear 80% of UBRS to get to that portal.

Last edited:

Needless

Toe Sucker
I remember strath/scholo like that but never even considered the lower dungeons to be like that, i always just did 5 lol

wild

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Haven't most of the successful emus used 1.12 as their foundation, and then rolled back content for paced out release?

xzi

Mouthbreather
So, what about the business plan for this, is everyone assuming it will just be added as a free option to anyone with an active wow subscription?

That's my guess at least, mostly because they can claim wow has REALLY HIGH SUB NUMBERS and they make the extra 60$ from forcing you to pay for the new expansion. I mean that's what I would do if I was a company.

Dire Maul or Silithus quest lines on launch with a laundry list of other changes by 1.12 is not going to be an accurate vanilla experience.
"1.12 isn't classic" and claiming EMU are better, just know almost every single EMU server runs 1.12 but they do still do progression. Although people are definitely going to claim otherwise.

Needless

Toe Sucker
i just want them to gate AQ behind that god awful, farm 800,000 runecloth bandages clusterfuck lol

• 1Solidarity

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
i just want them to gate AQ behind that god awful, farm 800,000 runecloth bandages clusterfuck lol
It was worse than that: Linen. The most useless low level one no one would have ever touched otherwise required the most.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
What about patch 1.12 is enough to make you say no thanks?

Windfury / sword spec / that BRD thing (non dmg spells proc'ing WF, WF proc'ing off WF), bugged pally stuff, I think some of the warlock changes were then or prior as well. All the really fun super OP shit was gone by then. All the buggy stuff, the things that made the game fun imo.

If I wanted 1.12 there have been, as a dozen have now stated, a mountain of EMUs to play. But they all go 1.12 instead of true classic.

I think it was originally 15 even in strath/scholo

I went from 57 to 60 in 40man Scholo / Strat runs.

• 1Salty

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I recall the reason PALS 4 LIFE existed on the Laughing Skull server was the original ability to 5 man dungeons with all paladins and just stack Concecration, with durability, heals, and avg dps, but good sustained aoe dps. Before the hybrid tax really smashed the class into the ground, and there wasn't any gear to sustain them into raiding that way.

Khane

Windfury / sword spec / that BRD thing (non dmg spells proc'ing WF, WF proc'ing off WF), bugged pally stuff, I think some of the warlock changes were then or prior as well. All the really fun super OP shit was gone by then. All the buggy stuff, the things that made the game fun imo.

If I wanted 1.12 there have been, as a dozen have now stated, a mountain of EMUs to play. But they all go 1.12 instead of true classic.

I went from 57 to 60 in 40man Scholo / Strat runs.

So you don't want to play a real game. You just want to make one as braindead and brokenly easy as possible?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I get wanting to relive some of the crazy broken shit of a game but I also think it's reasonable to expect the people setting the game up to try and fade all that nonsense.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
So you don't want to play a real game. You just want to make one as braindead and brokenly easy as possible?
Trust me when I say that shit didn't make raids easy with rogues pulling aggro off a WF chain. Like a lot of stupid decisions, it was nurfed because of pvp. Though it's not like rogues were even top dps in raids due to boss armor and miss rates.

Khane

I was a horde player I know the pain. I was just commenting on him crying that the game won't be fun for him because he can't be brokenly OP.

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I was a horde player I know the pain. I was just commenting on him crying that the game won't be fun for him because he can't be brokenly OP.

I killed a 60 priest at like level 38 in arathi highlands on my shaman with a stupid lucky string of WF procs. Classic is trash if they take that away. I only want the shit that favored me to be in

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
"If I can't sheep a player and stack arcane power plus t2 bonus plus trinkets and three shot players, I'm out." (actually I think this would still be viable in 1.12)

• 1Worf

Khane

If I can't PoM Pyro + Fireblast global someone I'm out!

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users