World of Warcraft: Classic

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ok so you can argue, I can ignore it all and level my own way. It still affects us because this is an MMORPG (with some instancing anyway) which forces interactions with players who do speed through the game, so you compete for resource nodes; get PKed by them; have trouble finding people to do dungeons with because they sped to 60; etc.

I'm still going to play. I said 'reduces' not 'ruins'.
I think you're blowing the number of people speed leveling way outta proportion.

Play on a PVE server, join a guild, and make friends? Your problems seem solved.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
You know what I would love to see in an MMO again but it pretty much will never happen with WoW. Is something like raids being determined by faction like in Velious where you could side with the dragons, dwarves, or gaints which determined what you could raid. Imagine having 3 raids in WoW but depending on your choices it would effect what was open to you.
Actions have consequences. I always thought EQ was going to have more and more because of Velious. Then all games after made you the center of the universe.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That raid you were both factions. So not really the same style of thing. It would of been cool if they made actual faction specific bosses but what they did was upon logging into the raid you were either a big Human boy or a big Orcy boy and you will X raid bosses then you switched and killed X raid bosses.
Totally misremembered

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Actions have consequences. I always thought EQ was going to have more and more because of Velious. Then all games after made you the center of the universe.

Yeah some of the coolest shit in EQ related around factions actually having world consequences not used to be a grind to get a trinket. Killing neriak guards so I could walk around Freeport without being KOS. Shit like that rocked.

• 1Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Yeah some of the coolest shit in EQ related around factions actually having world consequences not used to be a grind to get a trinket. Killing neriak guards so I could walk around Freeport without being KOS. Shit like that rocked.

OH SO BEING ABLE TO WALK THE TUNNEL TO MOONGLADE DOESNT COUNT OKAY WHATEVER SWEATY IVE HAD 6 HAZY IPAS AND IM READY TO FIGHT YOU ON THIS

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Don't forget you could get exalted with Bloodsail around Booty Bay for the Admiral's hat and making you KOS to Booty Bay Bruisers!

• 1Like

nisser

Trakanon Raider
That's cute. I was in a top NA guild in vanilla wow and I've never once had that many buffs. I don't even know what half of those do.

• 1Salty

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It looks like the crit chance on private servers against higher level monsters and bosses was off. Unless I'm not understanding this correctly.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
It looks like the crit chance on private servers against higher level monsters and bosses was off. Unless I'm not understanding this correctly.

How are you making that correlation? Are thinking since these guys made the wrong assumption in their bug report private servers made the same mistake?

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
How are you making that correlation? Are thinking since these guys made the wrong assumption in their bug report private servers made the same mistake?

Sorry for not clarifying. I had to go through a 7+ hour stream to find the right spot, but here is the discussion that led me to that conclusion.
It's a conversation between some prolific private server players about the blue post. They talk for a few minutes about private servers, fury wars, and what kind of a difference these changes will make. I recommend listening in for a bit. I definitely found it interesting.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
That's cute. I was in a top NA guild in vanilla wow and I've never once had that many buffs. I don't even know what half of those do.

Yeah, but by the same token you have people here who are adamant they knew every aspect of wow classic, did every buff and knew every exploit. Easy to say with no proof of course.

• 1Picard

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah, but by the same token you have people here who are adamant they knew every aspect of wow classic, did every buff and knew every exploit. Easy to say with no proof of course.
Is it so strange to think that we have multiple people here that were in multiple guilds at multiple skill levels?

You are the only one adamant about such extremes. Maybe you’re right that some of your emu butt buddies found some new tricks never before seen on live. It’s also possible that it just plain doesn’t work on live.

The point is the content is so trivial that it just plain doesn’t matter. This isn’t Everquest where gear only drops from rare spawns and raids. This is WoW that given a couple days of farming dungeons you can most likely have every exact item you care about that isn’t from a raid and all the launch raids can be beaten in that gear with little to no exploits.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

nisser

Trakanon Raider

All I'm saying is that this is tryharding to the max level. They're clearly overgeared; no one's even looting the items. And on top of that they have every world buff, flask, potion and who knows what other buffs. He's even popping what looks like resist potions for trash. I don't even recognize some of the buffs and that's coming from someone that was top 5 in NA during original wow. They're also abusing the class mechanic which is probably one of the things that came out of playing vanilla wow for 10 years. 11 Warriors, single hunter!

The vast majority of players won't poopsock this much.

Kiki

Log Wizard
I could barely be bothered to pop a flask until aq40, let alone a DM tribute or all the other bullshit. We did the MC flameguards or whatever because that shit was easy.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Is it so strange to think that we have multiple people here that were in multiple guilds at multiple skill levels?

You are the only one adamant about such extremes. .

No, it comes down to the fact that I don't believe you or anyone else could possibly have the same level of knowledge about anything in 2004 as people today have about that thing.

This is especially true when it comes down to something like wow classic which has stayed the same for the last 15 years.

You could take the top dota2 team or league of legends, freeze development for 20 years and the meta would not remain static. The top players would continually find new ways to play that they didn't think of 20 years earlier.

This is so obvious that I can't believe it needs to be stated

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
No, it comes down to the fact that I don't believe you or anyone else could possibly have the same level of knowledge about anything in 2004 as people today have about that thing.

This is especially true when it comes down to something like wow classic which has stayed the same for the last 15 years.

You could take the top dota2 team or league of legends, freeze development for 20 years and the meta would not remain static. The top players would continually find new ways to play that they didn't think of 20 years earlier.

This is so obvious that I can't believe it needs to be stated

This could be true but it doesn’t make you any less of a complete and total faggot. You know the thing is Ossoi Ossoi if you weren’t such a pompous cunt the words to try and say might carry some weight.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
This could be true but it doesn’t make you any less of a complete and total faggot. You know the thing is Ossoi Ossoi if you weren’t such a pompous cunt the words to try and say might carry some weight.
Very true. At least the arrogance of Noodleface Noodleface is humorous, because he was possibly a guild leader, allegedly.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users