World of Warcraft: Classic

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea vanilla had way, way more than 2 months worth of content.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Was AV still hours long in 1.12, or had they removed most the NPCs by then?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think it was a mad dash for the leaders by then. It was only hours/days long for a few months until people figured out you could go directly for the boss and didn't really need to wait for the major NPC help.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I started right as TBC came out, so still original level curve and mount costs. That felt brutally slow as a Paladin. I made my ex play a hunter and follow me all the time and do damage. I can’t remember if Seal of Command was a Paladin ability on both sides but that would be fun again

I was horde. Thinking alliance lock and a Paladin alt. but I’ll have to see old Brill. Loved that Inn music there. I remember mages being made of paper.

Needless

Toe Sucker
that was mostly gone by 1.08 and 1.10 when they removed like all the actual NPC's that made it 'epic'

then a maximum reinforcements of 600 were added in TBC which is when it really just turned into a leader zergfest

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The first time I leveled to 60 it took me from launch day to early February, so nearly 2.5 months, and I ran out of quests and had to farm mobs in Winterlands... the rest of 2005 was spent figuring out MC, BWL, eventually AQ. 2006 I rerolled and did it all over again.

I'm just glad it's not 1.12.1, where they flipped mount and riding skill costs, though I'm sad we'll have those stupid armored mounts. The epic white horse on Alliance was a lot better than the armored one. Still pissed I lost that for the Blood Elf chicken when I faction changed my mage for Wrath. GM's wouldn't trade me the stupid chicken for the horse, and they've changed how mounts work (no longer items), so a faction change wouldn't swap the chicken for the horse if I faction/race changed from belf to human.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Same. I was originally one of the first 60's on my server, second mage to hit 60, one of the first to have a 100% mount, 2nd guild to clear through BWL on the server, but got sick of the guild drama llama on Alliance Laughing Skull..

what scrub were you on Laughing Skull?

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Were the open world elites still in when 1.12 was released.l? Talking about stuff like the orcs in red ridge, lord falconcrest in arathi and that entire town square of rape in plague lands. A lot of that stuff made a difference leveling since you needed groups to kill them and in the case of falconcrest you needed a good group. I hesitate to call it hard or challenging in any other aspect than players had to group but it was entirely skippable content and the game was better off with it in. Also if there’s no original AV they’ve failed us all.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Ok, so you were a nobody then.

Didn't say I was anyone. Was one of the poopsockers.

This is one of my oldest screenshots, April 07, 2005. Second day of attempts on Onyxia, where she wouldn't spawn and this was the GM that told us we had to wait until tomorrow.

Is that you?

20050407.jpg

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Didn't say I was anyone. Was one of the poopsockers.

This is one of my oldest screenshots, April 07, 2005. Second day of attempts on Onyxia, where she wouldn't spawn and this was the GM that told us we had to wait until tomorrow.

Is that you?

View attachment 168666

holy shit right in the feels - that character called "Goldiee" was a Priest. I met her in Lineage 2, don't know if you ever played it but it was a grindfest and she was always in my regular xp groups as the healer. She came with us to WoW and rolled a healer there too. Then one day her son posts on our forum that she died - turns out she was a middle aged lady on disability which was why she could play so much. When she died she'd actually left TR and tagged up with VQ - I was and still am very demanding of people with high expectations and rank low in agreeableness - can't remember the exact circumstances of her leaving but I had her login details and logged into her character to mourn her.

Sent flowers to the funeral and wish I had some way of finding out if her family are ok. She was utterly selfless and I wish I'd been able to tell her how much I respected her and how grateful I was

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I had a screenshot of Goldiee when she got T1 Priest shoulders before they had their model updated (the generic orange cloth) that was posted up on Thottbot. She was a really nice lady, I remember reading about her passing.

Was in VANQUISH during the joint runs with TR for MC, Onyxia, early BWL, and first Kazzak kills. Moved over to TR towards the end of 2005. Recall one random night in TR running into Leeroy of Leeroy Jenkins fame (after he'd sold his account) on our first attempt at the Darkshire dragon. Hawthorne invited him and he got the raid killed a few times. Also, the world boss griefing between TR and VQ was real. Rerolled horde during Christmas break.

Do you remember a warlock named Ladbon that would get shitfaced drunk and raid with us? I have a specific memory of him being especially retarded during a Rag kill.

Lol slawface, didn't that guy go back to Swg emulators to relive his glory days?

Yeah, i think he did that a couple times, yoho too. I still talk to them occasionally. I found ol' Delz Nop spamming his stream in Sargeras trade chat, telling everyone to "come watch me kill you". I promptly linked his stream on Heats' facebook page ^_^