World of Warcraft: Classic

Sterling

El Presidente
I just want to go back to the beta build where if you sheeped someone over water they'd sink and drown and take a pve death.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I just want to go back to the beta build where if you sheeped someone over water they'd sink and drown and take a pve death.
When hunters didn't have talents and couldn't tame pets, and I could call someone a American Inventor without a three day ban...lol

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Leveling will not be fun for sure.

But I think what most people will play for is actually knowing who everyone is on your server again. I still remember players or guilds I liked or hated in vanilla. Post-vanilla is pretty much a haze for me. Also the guild dynamics of 40 man raids is something I kind of miss. It was pretty much guaranteed you would have a handful of people in your guild that you didn't like, and showing them up in raid performance always felt good. Not to mention there was always some kind of server drama going on... all this stuff made it feel like a world you were logging into instead of a hub.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
So you don't want to play a real game. You just want to make one as braindead and brokenly easy as possible?

Yes, I want to experience classic when rolling on a "classic" server. I enjoyed classic the most. To want to get a second run at that.

Are you that fucking dense and dumb you think there is some other reason?

• 1Picard

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You don't give a shit about a "classic experience" nerd. All you want is to play an OP class with an OP weapon and hit 1 button to win. Typical "good ole days" gamer boy bitching and moaning that things are too easy and everything is welfare meanwhile all you want to do is glitch or bug the game so you can drag your knuckles across the keyboard and feel important.

You couldn't even get from 57-60 by yourself. You needed a 40 man raid for a 5 man dungeon.

• 4Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Things that make Classic WoW Best WoW:

No fucking flying mounts

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
WoW definitely felt more immersive back then. I always lament the loss of the original Forsaken starting area, with the music and atmosphere it was really awesome. Then moving on to Silverpine Forest was good times. It was a slow climb up the levels, but it was enjoyable. Now its all cartoony and full of warfare bullshit from the Cataclysm changes.

Old school Desolace with the warring Centaur factions, or places like Un'goro or Winterspring that felt like you were out in no man's land. I've always liked that feeling of being "far from home" or "in too deep" in an MMO. Like running around Velious or Kunark in EQ. Now everything is a little too convenient. I still enjoy the current stuff for the convenience and easy entertainment (kind of like a handheld game), but love to have those long term visits as well.

I'll probably get into this but no clue what class to play; maybe I'll do warrior like I did back in original Classic.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
You don't give a shit about a "classic experience" nerd. All you want is to play an OP class with an OP weapon and hit 1 button to win. Typical "good ole days" gamer boy bitching and moaning that things are too easy and everything is welfare meanwhile all you want to do is glitch or bug the game so you can drag your knuckles across the keyboard and feel important.

You couldn't even get from 57-60 by yourself. You needed a 40 man raid for a 5 man dungeon.

Man, you seem super upset.

You want to find my quotes in this thread about welfare etc?

Might be a bit of transference going on with you. I played classic, and was one of the first of my class to get 57+. So I spent enough time at the end game in that era to really enjoy it and look back at it fondly. Getting a round two would be fun. Playing the same patch every emu has? No thx.

You still pussy hurt over someone saying the don't agree with your position on relationships or something?

Go jerk off, or smoke a bowl. The anxious teenager appeal wears off after the mid twenties.

FYI, I'd prolly play another warlock. And the 40 man raid was mandatory. Don't even remember wtf we were farming. Just that we did more Strath than could possibly be healthy.

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
FYI, I'd prolly play another warlock. And the 40 man raid was mandatory. Don't even remember wtf we were farming. Just that we did more Strath than could possibly be healthy.

My first WoW class on vanilla was Warlock, lotta fun. PvP sucked at first before they gave us death coil.

I remember rogues being almost impossibly OP in vanilla (again, pvp), I might switch it up this time around :p

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Man, you seem super upset.

Says the guy who won't play the game because 1.12 is too bug free and balanced and so is somehow not really "classic". I still wonder why that one thread seems to leak into discussions concerning me in so many others though.

As someone who never got the chance to go through original Naxx that is the biggest draw of a classic server to me.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
As someone who never got the chance to go through original Naxx that is the biggest draw of a classic server to me.

Same. I was originally one of the first 60's on my server, second mage on alliance to hit 60, one of the first to have a 100% mount, 2nd guild to clear through BWL on the server, but got sick of the guild drama llama on Alliance Laughing Skull. Ended up leveling a horde druid on an RP server because looking back my friend was a fucking moron and wanted to play on a low pop server and make fun of RP'ers.... He reached max level and quit his shaman when they nurfed windfury and he realized he was gonna get shoehorned into healing. I was stuck, but joined a "proper" guild, and with previous knowledge of the raids (since everyone was pretty tight lipped about stats and shit wasn't posted on YouTube) and another friend, we brought them to the #1 horde guild on that shit server. Saying that, it's funny we never got into Nax. No one did on my server. With such a small server, the economy was garbage, and it was pretty damn expensive for folks to get attuned to Nax that didn't play 40 hours a week like I did, and likely couldn't afford the 60g, Arcane Crystal's and what the fuck else, since no one farmed reputation... Pretty pathetic that I was likely the first to get my attunement on the server cuz I'd already farmed the Argent Dawn reputation. Same with Thorium Brotherhood. By the time we had about 10 folks attuned, BC was announced and pretty much every guild at the time imploded when they realized any gear they'd get would be replaced in an hour with the rainbow bright greens in the first questing area. Yay.

I seriously doubt I'll have the time to invest like that again, given I barely have time to commit to 1 or 2 days of 3 hours of raiding today, but I may find myself spending entire weekends playing.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
I get that a lot of people want to play Vanilla WoW, so a vanilla server makes sense, but after a month or 2 you'll have done everything worth doing. I might be interested if they do a TLP kind of server though, but given how long they are taking for a vanilla server, I doubt they would do a TLP.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Ill get a solid 6 months or more out of Vanilla. The leveling is much slower and I am married with a career now. I am not going to be poop socking all day erry day.

The more important thing is this is the only way Blizzard is getting my money.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Old school Desolace with the warring Centaur factions,
I'm still revered with one, and hated with the other. Something that's impossible in modern WoW (the quest status override your faction).

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Since I never played WoW past about lvl 20, I am looking forward to this. I was still into EQ when it came out and then stopped MMOs for a good 3 - 4 years, then always back to EQemu or TLP.

Interested to see how the Classic WoW and it's raids compare to EQ.

• 3Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Since I never played WoW past about lvl 20, I am looking forward to this. I was still into EQ when it came out and then stopped MMOs for a good 3 - 4 years, then always back to EQemu or TLP.

Interested to see how the Classic WoW and it's raids compare to EQ.
If you had 40 hardcore smart players from an EQ raid guild then classic WoW wasn't too hard. If you had 20 core people with 20 trained monkeys as fill-in you could do it but it would take more effort than it should. Anything past that point and the whole exercise would turn brutal and you would question their ability to function in the real world.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I can't wait for the ninja looting action to return. Someone's is going to yoink the thunder fury bindings, or the tiger mount from ZG and some people won't know what hit them because they have been sucking that personal loot dick.

Hopefully, when they cry to the GMs the response is we don't interfere with player interactions on classic.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
In dungeons there were no rules on the Need/Greed system so I could Need a [Wand] as a warrior, however Master Loot was a thing in 1.12. Or are you saying the ML will snipe items? 'Cuz if it works like it did back then, you will get lambasted and blacklisted on the server, and with no transfers and no name changes, your toon was fucked. Likely any guild worth its salt is going to have pre-selected players who are identified for those kind of items. Or just /roll and whoever gets the first binding is first in line for the second. Mounts are gonna be open roll or DKP oriented, depends on your guild. PUG's that shit is always open roll unless the leader is a dickhead.

BTW, I won the original ZG Tiger mount with a /roll. The date isn't when I obtained it, that's just when I logged in after they changed ZG to be level 85. Probably sometime in 2006, actually. Fuck that was a long time ago.

zgtiger.png

zgmount.png

• 3Like