World of Warcraft: Classic

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I was the very first level 60 on my server. Someone posted some old ass website from the wayback machine that had all the server firsts and there I was, in all my glory. Back when I could really make a difference and people cared...... about me.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I had a screenshot of Goldiee when she got T1 Priest shoulders before they had their model updated (the generic orange cloth) that was posted up on Thottbot. She was a really nice lady, I remember reading about her passing.

Was in VANQUISH during the joint runs with TR for MC, Onyxia, early BWL, and first Kazzak kills. Moved over to TR towards the end of 2005. Recall one random night in TR running into Leeroy of Leeroy Jenkins fame (after he'd sold his account) on our first attempt at the Darkshire dragon. Hawthorne invited him and he got the raid killed a few times. Also, the world boss griefing between TR and VQ was real. Rerolled horde during Christmas break.

Do you remember a warlock named Ladbon that would get shitfaced drunk and raid with us? I have a specific memory of him being especially retarded during a Rag kill.

An example of my guild leadership style and how I made applicants feel

YTMND - Hyperstream knows Whitney and Bobby

YTMND - zerrex

• 1Like
Fucking ladbon, that dude was so weird. He's still on my real ID but I haven't seen him on in awhile. I mainly remember him having a serious hard-on for Volchan(?), the big named rock elemental dude in the burning steppes. He'd solo kill that thing like 4x a day, minimum.

Yeah, I remember the shitfests we used to have with ol' TR. It was only fun for me because I knew how Hawthorne would get and knowing he wasn't having a good time doing something was extremely satisfying.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Yeah, i think he did that a couple times, yoho too. I still talk to them occasionally. I found ol' Delz Nop spamming his stream in Sargeras trade chat, telling everyone to "come watch me kill you". I promptly linked his stream on Heats' facebook page ^_^

lol Heat, these posts had me doing some reminiscing back to the SWG days. Put in "Bloodfin" on Reddit search and look what I find
Fucking Heat running an SWGemu server "guy named heat that everyone here hates. why? is he the son of satan? "

References to his fat wife "and that banshee of a thing he calls a wife. "

And a Heat-meme where he claims George Lucas himself blessed his emu-server

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Fucking ladbon, that dude was so weird. He's still on my real ID but I haven't seen him on in awhile. I mainly remember him having a serious hard-on for Volchan(?), the big named rock elemental dude in the burning steppes. He'd solo kill that thing like 4x a day, minimum.

Yeah, I remember the shitfests we used to have with ol' TR. It was only fun for me because I knew how Hawthorne would get and knowing he wasn't having a good time doing something was extremely satisfying.

Pretty sure Hawthorne went through at least a dozen mice that he smashed while learning BWL. Half the fun of vanilla raiding was hearing your raid leaders rage the fuck out.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Pretty sure Hawthorne went through at least a dozen mice that he smashed while learning BWL. Half the fun of vanilla raiding was hearing your raid leaders rage the fuck out.

If your character name was Bohvoc then I literally have no memory of you and I'm really puzzled how you seem to have such intimate knowledge of TR and guild workings, especially considering I was the person leading almost all of the raids and was still active when we were learning BWL

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Arcanum. Human mage. I hardly if ever spoke on coms so I wouldn't be surprised if you particularly remembered me out of all the poopsockers. I did chat a lot with Haw re: strats. More or less just kept my mouth shut and did my job. Was really only in TR for about 6 months out of 2005, but the VQ/TR combo stuff was for that entire year.

There was one time we did a 1v1 tourney, and you and I went second -- we all knew how druid vs mage was gonna go down. I had no chance.

This link just jogged a whole bunch of memories clouded by my drug fueled 20's: Laughing Skull US

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Arcanum. Human mage. I hardly if ever spoke on coms so I wouldn't be surprised if you particularly remembered me out of all the poopsockers. I did chat a lot with Haw re: strats. More or less just kept my mouth shut and did my job. Was really only in TR for about 6 months out of 2005, but the VQ/TR combo stuff was for that entire year.

Name sounds vaguely familiar.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I was reading this trying to figure out where the fuck I remembered Hawthorne's name. It was forumquesting for AoC. He talked an insane amount of shit before that game was released. IIRC goonsquad ended up zerging everyone out early so TR didn't do much. However I didn't stick around very long, and that was years ago, so I may be misremembering.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I was reading this trying to figure out where the fuck I remembered Hawthorne's name. It was forumquesting for AoC. He talked an insane amount of shit before that game was released. IIRC goonsquad ended up zerging everyone out early so TR didn't do much. However I didn't stick around very long, and that was years ago, so I may be misremembering.

I fought against TR in SWG, then joined up with them for Lineage 2 and was basically second in command by the time WoW came around. Being in the UK I was leading raids from midnight to 7am and going straight to a data entry job. I'd nap at work during lunch, get home, eat dinner then sleep 7pm-midnight and lead raids. Stopped playing sometime around Ahn Qiraj, gearing people up and having the impatient ones jump ship got tiresome. Went back to College and realised that levelling up my social life was better than playing MMOs

Played AOC briefly and got a few good PK screenshots of scrubs that bailed on TR but it wasn't the same. I seem to remember the newblood Hawthorne recruited for TR was just a bunch of scrubs I'd killed in SWG and had no desire to play with them or take an active role. I also remember getting left out of power level groups by scrubs that were bitter about being denied WoW loot, lol

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well they only decided and announced what patch they would be running on recently so this shouldn't be a surprise.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Well they only decided and announced what patch they would be running on recently so this shouldn't be a surprise.

I'm not surprised that things are going slowly. I'm surprised by what information is released and when it comes out. The official announcement video was seven months ago. Shouldn't some of this have been lined up prior to that?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
They did prototyping. A full-on classic codebase, which crashes heavily in a Win10-64bit format vs a modern codebase that uses old data. Both of which took time to test.

bleedat

Molten Core Raider
I know Blizz is slow and likes to not release unpolished shit, but this is taking fucking forever to re-release a game.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL, because this shits from like win xp days. shit was like DX8 back then. But then again i dont know WTF im taking about so ill see myself out... :D

• 1Solidarity

bleedat

Molten Core Raider
For blizz to even announce it i'm sure they were working on it for months to make sure it worked.....This isn't some indie studio with two guys sharing an apartment.