World of Warcraft: Classic

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't want to shit up this theaad more than I already did. But like I said before, the LFD tool is only useful levelling and running the dungeons on normal or heroic early on at max level (like...a couple days). Anything after that requires you to create a group and physically go there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
What is the website that gives you a leveling path based on your race/class? I can't find it anywhere and know it's semi-new.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Fuck all that. I'm going to wander around confused and devote an irresponsible amount of time to fishing.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

It's the classic wow live website. I tried it out this morning a little bit on Elysium emu, and it's ok but so annoying to have to keep referencing a website even with it up on 2nd monitor.

I'm gonna be using Zygors and already paid the $7 for the month membership. Puts all that shit into an addon and because of Classics expanded addon capabilities all of their navigation features will be in.

• 1Mother of God

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's the classic wow live website. I tried it out this morning a little bit on Elysium emu, and it's ok but so annoying to have to keep referencing a website even with it up on 2nd monitor.

I'm gonna be using Zygors and already paid the $7 for the month membership. Puts all that shit into an addon and because of Classics expanded addon capabilities all of their navigation features will be in.

Zygors is worth it then? Any idea if it tells you when to die to move quicker? I've been seeing that a ton recently with watching videos of people dying strategically to move quicker to places.

• 1Truth!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Zygors is worth it then? Any idea if it tells you when to die to move quicker? I've been seeing that a ton recently with watching videos of people dying strategically to move quicker to places.
It never has done that before, but it for sure has you set your hearthstone strategically. And I've never paid for Zygors, as someone was always uploading it to those "sites". However after using it for a couple years I figure I can at least give them a mo th and see how they do on classic.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Ret4lyfe
c1puo0vqvra31.png

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 5 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>

Based on name reservations so far, the Herod realm is looking to be massively overpopulated. If all existing players on this server remain there, login queues in excess of 10,000 players are a certainty, and possibly much higher than that.

We recently opened up the Stalagg realm, and we urge players on Herod to consider moving there. There are a lot of players currently on Herod and we want Stalagg to fill up before we open any new PvP realms. This is so that player population is spread as evenly as possible before launch, in order to provide the best play experience.

While we are able to fit several times more players on a single realm in 2019 than was the case in 2006, we are not going to raise that cap any further, even though we have the technical capacity to do so. Raising realm caps would simply forestall the problem, letting more players in at launch but creating an unsustainable situation down the line, with severe queues when we turn off layering permanently before Phase 2 of our content unlock plan.

Please also note that our realm population estimates of Low, Medium, High, and Full are based on this increased capacity – a Medium realm today already has more characters on it than even the most crowded realms did back in 2006.

Our top priority in planning for WoW Classic’s launch has been ensuring that we are laying the groundwork for strong realm communities that will endure over the months and years to follow, which is why we’re cautiously opening new servers to meet demand.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
While we are able to fit several times more players on a single realm in 2019 than was the case in 2006, we are not going to raise that cap any further, even though we have the technical capacity to do so. Raising realm caps would simply forestall the problem, letting more players in at launch but creating an unsustainable situation down the line, with severe queues when we turn off layering permanently before Phase 2 of our content unlock plan.

Going to end up with them raising the cap even though they don't want to and then delaying the removal of phasing even though they don't want to do that either. It's also a little dangerous of them to base as much as they are on the name reservations. Tons of people aren't married to the three derps they made. Not adding more servers until Stalaag "fills up" might be quite the mistake.

• 1Worf

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

Then you should of added more servers day one and given a bit more time before the naming you retarded bastards. You guys cant do a single fucking thing right.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Then you should of added more servers day one and given a bit more time before the naming you retarded bastards. You guys cant do a single fucking thing right.

That's really the mistake that set this in motion. Even with the improvements in technology since 2006 I don't think anyone looked at that server list and thought it was plenty. I'd bet my hat that they are also substantially underestimating how many people are going to just show up around launch or on that first weekend.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Layering should also be a load balancing tech, why it's not makes no goddamn sense. There shouldn't be queues - that they're even stating there will be is terrible, stupid, and ridiculous given modern server tech. They'll probably "fix" things the same way they did back in the day by opening too many goddamn servers that results in a bunch of dead servers that they have to join later. Let server density play out, keep layering until its not needed when the player base levels out.

My only opposition to layering is not seeing 5000 people standing around Ironforge or whatever. What their network and servers can handle should be the cap. If there's not 10000 assholes in Silithus during the opening of the AQ gate, I'm gonna be pissed. For questing areas it's fine, because fighting 2000 people to tag a mob is fucking annoying, though also part of the charm of the original game. Forces you to group, communicate and coordinate with other players.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
where is everyone playing? still trying to decide if i wanna play or not, at this point in my life i jus dont see myself playing 12-16 hours a day like i used to at 16 years old.