World of Warcraft: Classic

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
BoozeCube BoozeCube , is there any secondary plan for Whitemane if servers crash and burn tomorrow?

May I suggest Skeram?

So Sebudai Sebudai and I have spoken about this and since neither of us have a crystal ball to see into the fucking future we aren't going to suggest other realms before release because you spaz fucks would go apeshit like retards hopped up on adderall and mountain dew. We also don't want to end up on a dead dogshit realm because day 1 might have a log in queue. Also chances are every single server will have login queues. So the short answer is be in discord to piss and moan like the rest of us.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So Sebudai Sebudai and I have spoken about this and since neither of us have a crystal ball to see into the fucking future we aren't going to suggest other realms before release because you spaz fucks would go apeshit like retards hopped up on adderall and mountain dew.

PANIC

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
tenor (1).gif

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That wand shit is legit. Thanks Chysamere Chysamere !!

I have no idea if I'm rolling Warlock or Mage, or if I'm going with my Warrior/shaman duo. I guess I should figure this out!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I can see 50% of intial accounts that play first week quitting within a month. Even people that have reserved names. People will just realize they dont have the time or desire once they are into a little. Also people quit as those they came to the game for(either friends, former friends, streamers etc) lose interest. Pretty normal for any game release, even those that grow overall in population over time.
I don't know about you guys, but I intend to quit a week in for half-assed tower defense in PoE!

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 3 users

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
...we aren't going to suggest other realms before release because you spaz fucks would go apeshit like retards hopped up on adderall and mountain dew.

Good thing our leadership has such a high opinion of us.

• 2Worf
  • 1Truth!

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Good thing our leadership has such a ACCURATE opinion of us.

Fixed.

I will be rolling Alliance PVE with the GF on Mankrik, I intend to play with you boys on Whitemane at some point, she may be coming along. She played for the first time last summer and the horde is strong with this one.

Back in '04 I rolled Alliance on Zul'Jin and I stand by; Elwynn->Westfall->Redridge->Duskwood->Stranglethorn being one of the best leveling progressions in any game ever. I want her to experience that. Especially as we enter the Fall, Westfall in the fall is fucking New England with murlocs, fucking magical.

• 3Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
So Sebudai Sebudai and I have spoken about this and since neither of us have a crystal ball to see into the fucking future we aren't going to suggest other realms before release because you spaz fucks would go apeshit like retards hopped up on adderall and mountain dew. We also don't want to end up on a dead dogshit realm because day 1 might have a log in queue. Also chances are every single server will have login queues. So the short answer is be in discord to piss and moan like the rest of us.

This post actually has me a lot more confident. Judging by the posts asking to consider a different server at this point in the game, I'm confused if this is people's first MMO launch (you know what I mean).

Attempting to switch servers at this point would result in splitting people up as a lot of folks just wouldn't get the message. It also defeats the purpose of the server selection in the first place, which seems to have been reasonably thought out. News flash: there will be queues on almost all servers. It's going to be a clusterfuck for the first little bit. Yes, that does mean if you only care about yourself and not landing in a queue on the first day that the selection may not be the best for you. The goal of picking a server for this many people shouldn't be to make sure that each individual persons experience is the best (that would never happen anyways) but rather to make sure the server picked is healthy and conductive towards fun beyond the first day/week/month.

• 3Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Fixed.

I will be rolling Alliance PVE with the GF on Mankrik, I intend to play with you boys on Whitemane at some point, she may be coming along. She played for the first time last summer and the horde is strong with this one.

Back in '04 I rolled Alliance on Zul'Jin and I stand by; Elwynn->Westfall->Redridge->Duskwood->Stranglethorn being one of the best leveling progressions in any game ever. I want her to experience that. Especially as we enter the Fall, Westfall in the fall is fucking New England with murlocs, fucking magical.

Zul'jin represent. That's my original server as well. I didn't play til BC though.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Make sure you're on the right server too, sometimes they kick you at the wrong one when you log on for the first time.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Attempting to switch servers at this point would result in splitting people up as a lot of folks just wouldn't get the message.

Unfortunately these forums don't come equipped with server-wide notifications :(

They should really look at that!