World of Warcraft: Classic

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
You can't kill them until they either attack you, buff/heal a flagged NPC or enter a contested zone, Quaid is tripping balls.

You can kill them in other ways though, like you can heal the mob they are trying to kill, or give it thorns and let the lulz roll.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
This is pretty awesome seeing all these wow creators coming together on something lol

• 1Like

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
I was thinking flexible offtank is better than another prot warrior, but it is a niche role.
Brah, the only possible reason a druid would tank is that we just don't have enough warriors (aka 4 Horsemen). An arms warrior with defense gear is better than a bear tank. I was at the armor cap (75%) and I still got the shit beat out of me.

Just spec 11/31 or whatever it was I linked. That's what I'm going to do.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Brah, the only possible reason a druid would tank is that we just don't have enough warriors (aka 4 Horsemen). An arms warrior with defense gear is better than a bear tank. I was at the armor cap (75%) and I still got the shit beat out of me.

I guess neither of us has the simulationcraft to prove that one way or the other? What would the arms warrior have over the bear in that comparison?

My worry about resto/feral is doing solo content with that spec is going to suck.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

I wouldn’t say that is completely true, Druid tanking is often underrated and if played correctly they have insane armor and are a ball of HP ready to soak damage. Still you need very specific gear.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't think I'll attempt hitting it out the gate today. But I'll be there when the dust kinda settles by Friday.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
I guess neither of us has the simulationcraft to prove that one way or the other? What would the arms warrior have over the bear in that comparison?

My worry about resto/feral is doing solo content with that spec is going to suck.
Not getting crit. Not getting crushing blows. Because they can put on their +defense gear.

What solo content are you referring? Farming?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Not getting crit. Not getting crushing blows. Because they can put on their +defense gear.

What solo content are you referring? Farming?
Am I misremembering? I thought there was some jewelry and leather pieces with +defense. Arms warrior will have trouble preventing crushing blows 100% unless they spec some points prot, at which point you're kinda sorta a feral.

Yeah, farming/questing.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Am I misremembering? I thought there was some jewelry and leather pieces with +defense. Arms warrior will have trouble preventing crushing blows 100% unless they spec some points prot, at which point you're kinda sorta a feral.
There are a few +defense trinkets. Druids will not be getting them. Assuming you have (both?) you will be nowhere near the defense cap.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Druid more than has their niche for bear tanking. I don't know what you're going on about but druids can offtank just as fine as warriors like 70% of the time in a raid setting. Especially on trash with 1-3 targets, druid threat is not only insane but they have far more armor than dw warriors, by.. fuckin more than double.

Gear is significantly easier to come across, aside from like one maybe two pieces that require a relatively easy rep grind with AB.

There's also the ability to tank & kite at the same time on things like KT when the spider adds spawn, etc which warriors just simply can't do whatsoever if a shackle gets broken.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Druid more than has their niche for bear tanking. I don't know what you're going on about but druids can offtank just as fine as warriors like 70% of the time in a raid setting. Especially on trash with 1-3 targets, druid threat is not only insane but they have far more armor than dw warriors, by.. fuckin more than double.

Gear is significantly easier to come across, aside from like one maybe two pieces that require a relatively easy rep grind with AB.

There's also the ability to tank & kite at the same time on things like KT when the spider adds spawn, etc which warriors just simply can't do whatsoever if a shackle gets broken.
Yeah, the only two things I tanked on were 4H and KT.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

Just make Deathwing Deathwing tank trash in MC like the minor leagues. We'll call him trashboi.

• 1Worf

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's just vanilla. Let the dude play feral. Require a change in later phases if it's really needed.
I'm fine with people having raid requirements. It's odd, I'm still on the fence rather I want to play at all and simultaneously debating which classes I want to play based partially on raid viability. I think it's the implicit waste of time if you make the wrong choice at character creation but only find out about it 2 months later.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My guild had enough Prot main warriors back in Vanilla that as a Resto Druid, and one of the only ones in the raid they never let me tank. If Deathwing gets to tank it'll throw the whole balance off. The world will never be the same!!

Innervate was too good!

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm going Protection Warrior Healer. I've got bandages for days. Gonna roll on all that +Healing Gear, I heard one time somewhere that it improves your bandaging.