World of Warcraft: Classic

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Maybe to like 5 individuals but classic existing is giving blizzard an insane surge of money and companies don't believe in pride, only that sweet sweet sub number

Yeah but the leadership has been leading away from classic wow and other older game development models for some time. To see people rushing to enjoy the RPG and community aspects of the MMO genre over their sterilized, lifeless, streamlined activity lobby center is a huge shit in their cereal.

They've literally shat on the classic server concept for 7 years.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
also it's really, REALLY fucking stupid I can't play BFA while playing classic

and by playing I mean waiting in queue for 8 hours

Adding to my list from a page back -

3. A system in place that allows you to play retail while in queue for classic.

• 1Solidarity

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
What leveling specs you warlocks going? been forever since i actually leveled in this game, but i know its afflic / demonology

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
They're retarded for not allowing you to run classic and live at the same time from the same launcher. I wouldn't mind dicking around whilest waiting.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
also it's really, REALLY fucking stupid I can't play BFA while playing classic

and by playing I mean waiting in queue for 8 hours

yeah they might actually have people playing BFA if they did this

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 4 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
iu

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Maybe to like 5 individuals but classic existing is giving blizzard an insane surge of money and companies don't believe in pride, only that sweet sweet sub number

Do the people who design BFA and other new content, and staked their professional career on pushing ideas that are supposedly improving the productget a single dime of wow classic profit?

Or do they just look like fools to the suits, who can rightly point to a wow classic success and say "why am I paying you to improve a game in ways that lose us customers?"

Activision investors and board members are not the ones refusing to use layering.

• 5Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
I think BFA suffers from "customer is always right" syndrome though and I don't blame the devs for trying to pander to their smaller-than-once-was audience. (probably still bigger than every other mmo on the market)

I mean, they took out portals to everywhere in BFA and people threw such a god damn fit because they had to fly for 3 extra minutes or talk to mages, or achieve one of many teleport items in the game with minimal work. And you'd think they just fucked these peoples dogs in front of them. People lost their GOD DAMN mind over it, and blizzard foolishly backtracked and put a few of them back in the game instead.

I don't think the WoW devs are wrong in their decisions most of the time, nobody in BFA wants a classic inconvenient mentality whatsoever. Fucking nobody does. Improving the game to you probably means making it even more inconvenient to the million casual lfr players that are fine with not subbing.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
I'm changing my vote to switch to the lowest pop server. then we can server xfer later at 60 if needed. As of now, the only people who can play are those willing to risk using autohotkey and never log out.

There was a 600 person queue at 630 am EST, FYI.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
I think BFA suffers from "customer is always right" syndrome though and I don't blame the devs for trying to pander to their smaller-than-once-was audience. (probably still bigger than every other mmo on the market)

I mean, they took out portals to everywhere in BFA and people threw such a god damn fit because they had to fly for 3 extra minutes or talk to mages, or achieve one of many teleport items in the game with minimal work. And you'd think they just fucked these peoples dogs in front of them. People lost their GOD DAMN mind over it, and blizzard foolishly backtracked and put a few of them back in the game instead.

I don't think the WoW devs are wrong in their decisions most of the time, nobody in BFA wants a classic inconvenient mentality whatsoever. Fucking nobody does. Improving the game to you probably means making it even more inconvenient to the million casual lfr players that are fine with not subbing.

They listened to ONE gripe players had, and all of a sudden BFA suffers from customer is always right syndrome? They ignored every other complaint about BFA starting with beta. You need to lay of the meth, man.

xzi

Mouthbreather
titanforging, leveling reverted to be faster again(admittedly there's no point in the game 1-119 anymore), LFR, blanket trinket nerfs despite them only being strong in pvp, more rewards from mission tables, islands easier, more gold from world quests/paragon boxes, an actual vendor where you can not only get your absolute BIS even over mythic titanforges (excluding sockets) in 3 slots but you can gear an entire alt on by doing like 5 quests a day

the only thing blizzard hasn't listened to is class balancing and azerite acquisition and the AP grind, which I mean honestly they listened to that too because they launched BFA saying Artifact Knowledge wasn't going to be a thing and then decided to keep it running all the way until I think it was september they recently said?

it just so happens they ignored the most gameplay focused complaint, but they even fixed that and if you're not shit you can just grind m+ for a few weeks and choose your best piece anyways so I don't even see that as a problem anymore

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
WoWScrnShot_082719_175426.jpg

I slept a looooooooooooong time. I have very bad memories of this place.

Btw, I've only had one like minute long queue wait on this Westfall server. Maybe it is because I logged in in the middle of the day when normal people are working. Like people that are a benefit to society and not a drain like me.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm changing my vote to switch to the lowest pop server. then we can server xfer later at 60 if needed. As of now, the only people who can play are those willing to risk using autohotkey and never log out.

There was a 600 person queue at 630 am EST, FYI.

I maintain high confidence that the character I'm playing on Whitemane is a dead end.

• 2Solidarity

Needless

Toe Sucker
do keyboard macros or auto key inputs prevent afk? these queues are ridiciulous but dont exist in the morning, i want to login and just afk my dude while im at work lol
/played can suck a dick, who cares

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
View attachment 220853
I slept a looooooooooooong time. I have very bad memories of this place.

Btw, I've only had one like minute long queue wait on this Westfall server. Maybe it is because I logged in in the middle of the day when normal people are working. Like people that are a benefit to society and not a drain like me.

I'm worried the server will be a ghost town in a month. It was "low" when I was at lunch at 2pm today. I'm only level 8 so I'm not sure what to do.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
do keyboard macros or auto key inputs prevent afk? these queues are ridiciulous but dont exist in the morning, i want to login and just afk my dude while im at work lol
/played can suck a dick, who cares
AHK can prevent AFK.

• 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Queue times are meaningless. Mine jumps from "<Minute" to over 200 minutes and back again.

Atm I'm at postition 6100 but was at 12000 about 3 and a half hours ago.

Been through a lot of launches like this. I usually stick with the popular servers. It pays off in the long run, just sucks the first few days.

• 2Like

Ryoz

<Donor>
One of the new servers Kirtonos has a 3k queue atm. Grass isn’t greener.

• 1Rustled