World of Warcraft: Classic

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
In Vanilla, they were opening servers as fast as they could.

Here, they are deliberately refraining from doing that, because they are expecting Classic to turn into a semi-ghost town in a month.

They have definitely errored on the side of to conservative with the servers. Also since they have little they will do to fix ghost town servers/ faction imbalanced servers it’s no wonder players don’t trust Blizzard at face value. You can only lie to your customers so much before they stop listening

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, it's way slower than I remember. It almost feels slower than vanilla Everquest. I don't remember ever feeling like WoW leveling was slower than EQ's when I played WoW through Beta and at release. Maybe we're just old.

Out of curiosity, what level did you get to? And at what point did you start feeling exhausted/burned out/bored?
2 bars from 30. The people im playing with didnt get stuck in queue hell and passed me right up. That queue hell weekend was just bad for me. I had my sisters kids for the weekend so i couldnt put alot of time into it, then add the queue it made it even worse. Its just so boring going from wetlands to duskwood. I just lost all desire to keep going.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
im out of gusto, i dont think i wanna play anymore! ill give it a few days. I think my time in MMO's has come to an end.

I imagine there will be a few who feel the same way. For me personally I am enjoying the hell out of the game for the most part. Something about this version of the game is so much more appealing than the current one. Everything from dungeons to the slower leveling the single difficulty all are vastly more fun than the scaling aids that is retail.

One thing I am reminded of for sure so far is just how balls deep players will go these days. No matter how hard you shit sock someone out there is going to shit sock harder. I will be hitting 60 today or tomorrow and I feel like I have put in an obscene amount of hours over the last couple of weeks, between the queue, playing the game, helping people out, and just playing the game.

I didn’t go ape dick retard mongo cleave dungeon spam like the retard zoomers, or follow some guide that auto piloted the game for me, no I inefficienly flew hours back and forth to complete one quest only to drop that shit from my log to pick it back up an hour later. I am sure I could of cut a few days off the leveling but in the end I feel the guys just enjoying the ride are having the best time. It has also been amazing to see the level of participation overall from the community here. While a good number have split off onto different servers or factions we still have about 150ish people playing with about 70 on even during prime time 4 hour queue windows and we seem to be adding more daily truely an awesome experience.

The downsides to playing like a manic the last couple of weeks though is I know I have wasted my time and some by taking a break more I oddly probably would have leveled faster, I have also had a couple of times after longer than normal play sessions finding myself to get irritated at shit that normally wouldn’t bother me, so I’ll probably cut back to more reasonable hours soon enough, the positive side with having Sebudai leading this with me is the board has picked up a fair number of new registered users as well even though I am sure many will simply lurk.

• 5Solidarity
  • 4Like
Reactions: 8 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I imagine there will be a few who feel the same way. ...

Well said! I'm taking my time here too, leveling two at the moment, main I can only play when the wife finishes work. I'm happy with an hour or two per night, but my alt is higher level now.

What % of your run to 60 was spent running? I don't remember these zones being so huge (or my run speed so slow lol)

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Even more transfers

Starting at 11:00 a.m. PDT (2:00 p.m. EDT) on Wednesday, Sept. 11, we will open the following free character moves 92 to offer you a way to move your characters from the most high-population realms that have extended queues:
FROMTO
BenedictionHeartseeker
BigglesworthAnathema
BlaumeuxAnathema
FaerlinaHeartseeker
FairbanksArcanite Reaper
GrobbulusDeviate Delight
HerodEarthfury
IncendiusHeartseeker
KirtonosEarthfury
KromcrushEarthfury
MankrikWindseeker
PagleWindseeker
RattlegoreAnathema
SkeramEarthfury
StalaggHeartseeker
SulfurasHeartseeker
ThalnosEarthfury
ThunderfuryArcanite Reaper
WestfallWindseeker
WhitemaneArcanite Reaper
We expect these free character moves 92 to remain open until 11:00 a.m. PDT (2:00 a.m. EDT) on Monday, September 16. Please note that restrictions apply:
  • A character cannot move if the character:
    • is a guild leader.
    • has active auction listings or bids.
    • has mail.
  • You may be required to change your character’s name once you’ve reached the destination realm.
  • You cannot move a character to a PvP realm where you already have a character belonging to the opposing faction.
  • This is a one-way, irreversible move. Blizzard Customer Support cannot monitor or modify a free character move.
During periods of high usage, free character moves may take up to several hours to complete. This service may be closed at any time, without warning, should a destination realm become full. We strongly encourage players who wish to use this service, especially in coordinated groups, to do so as soon as possible.
Thank you!

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
So I need to turn in this quest in Moonglade that I finished in Mauradon last night.

I forgot you have to literally run through a cave full of like 55 lvl mobs to get there.

I'm level 42.

Worst part is sunken cost fallacy is gonna drive me to get through that cave no matter what.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
You're confusing two different things. Lobbies have nothing to do with it, and nobody is asking for a single player game. Try to understand the basic argument before labeling it "crying"

The complaint is that these servers have several times the amount of players the most populated vanilla servers did, but the gameplay was not changed in any way to account for it. Things are overcrowded to the point of inability to do basic shit within the game. Areas that would be previously largely uninhabited are swarming with players every 100 yards, and the majority of quest targets in many areas have people camping their spawn like it was day one starter areas. When I was flying over shimmering flats at around 7est, half the mobs were dead and most of the others had players actively killing them.

Consider that these servers have the capacity of retail servers, but don't have cross realm stuff which acts as layering, don't have the majority of players in instances, and have zones that are a fraction the size of new zones.

Layering is supposed to be gone by phase 2, which is when most people will have hit 60, and things are going to be fucking absurd as you'll have thousands of people trying to cram into the small handful of relevant endgame zones.
Incendius isn't quite as bad as Whitemane. But there's pluses and minuses. Stuff is overcrowded, but my experience has been that people are adapting by doing a LOT more grouping, more cooperation, working together, honoring "dibs". Was in Thousand Needles yesterday (am filthy casual, not like you bunch) and there was so many people there, but every quest I worked had people working together to get shit done. Compare that to my expereince when I got convinced to come back for BFA, it's like two completely different games and communities.

I think you're right though, when layering ends this shit will hit a head. I didn't see them mention exactly how many layers there are, but just doubling/tripling the number of players will probably make this shit untenable, especially as we all settle into WPL/EPL/Silithus/Whereverthefuck. Not sure how they fix that, tbh, but hey, BGs and instances should be hoppin.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ive been going pretty hard for the hours I have to play. So far I have roughly 6 days played (140ish hours) and im 47. Since release ive been coming home and getting right on and playing from 5ishPM-2AM, on the weekend I usually get up about noon and stay on all day and night till 4-5AM of course there is breaks in there where I get up and shoot the shit with the fam but I haven't really put in work in a game like this in a while.

The overcrowding is definitely apparent though, maybe people like booze and the others which were way ahead of the curve did not run into so much of it, but ive been running into camping shit everywhere I go. I would attribute this the #1 reason im not further ahead than I am right now. This feels, at times, more like EQ camping than wow questing because of this. Back in the day I remember doing the same grind a few times on one of the most high pop servers at release and never have I ran into people like I do on this server. But also i have not been the most efficient either. Im following a guide and at times I forget to pick up a quest here and there, do a turn in so I find myself going back and fixing shit I forgot, so there is that as well. Plus to save for that cherished moutn moneys I have been going back and forth to vendors when bags are full too so this adds a ton of time too.

I also dont think that they can get rid of layers on this server, there is no fucking way. I cant imagine not having layers when right now the layers we have should have their own layers. I think layers are here to stay, at least for a while, boys.

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
They are probably waiting for the end of the first month. When the sub payment has to get paid. That will be fascinating.

I'd say the end result will influence other companies but hells most of them have already tried this. Blizz is kind of late to this particular party.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
My brother and I have been taking our time playing the game very casually, and we are honestly having a great time.

For those that want to get to end game as fast as possible, that's your thing, and I say go for it. But, I just want to point out that not pushing to end game as fast as possible is perfectly ok.

There truly are two games in World of Warcraft; end game and everything before end game.

I'm enjoying doing the quests, gathering, and crafting myself. I've ran all of one dungeon so far (more than once), and I'm ok with that for now. My warlock is level 19, and I will hit 20 easily tonight.

Play the game you want to play, and enjoy WoW again the way it used to be because you know damn well Blizzard will fuck it up eventually. Enjoy it while it lasts.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
It feels a tad silly to rush the content when there is an actual end point without any progression past. And nothing else like this to fill that void when you get to that end point.

At the same time no need to take 6 months to hit 60 either

• 2Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I also dont think that they can get rid of layers on this server, there is no fucking way. I cant imagine not having layers when right now the layers we have should have their own layers. I think layers are here to stay, at least for a while, boys.
I wasn't really involved in discussion before classic so idk, maybe this is basic shit, but what's the specific problem with layering in overpopulated servers/areas? The problems I saw in BFA weren't really related to that, it was the architecture of the zones/quests and the LFG/LFR stuff that really destroyed the idea of "server community".

None of that matters when there's 25k people trying to zone into Strath, I guess.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I wasn't really involved in discussion before classic so idk, maybe this is basic shit, but what's the specific problem with layering in overpopulated servers/areas? The problems I saw in BFA weren't really related to that, it was the architecture of the zones/quests and the LFG/LFR stuff that really destroyed the idea of "server community".

None of that matters when there's 25k people trying to zone into Strath, I guess.

Not everything revolves around instances bro. There is a lot of shit in vanilla to be farmed and gathered out in the world too. So yeah, good luck with 25K+ people with no layers.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
It feels a tad silly to rush the content when there is an actual end point without any progression past. And nothing else like this to fill that void when you get to that end point.

At the same time no need to take 6 months to hit 60 either

There is no need to rush, for sure. especially in our guild that isnt pushing any records or world firsts in any way shape or form. But at the same time I wanna level to 60 so I can concentrate on getting those BIS, maybe rerolling another class(I want a mage and druid too), farming some shit, doing some trade skills I have been lacking on, etc...

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah I guess I'm not thinking about stuff like resources, world spawns, etc. Still though, even with layers, it will be overcrowded. I wonder what their plan is for that, seems like they have a couple of months before it's crisis levels.

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
anyone got a solid guide to leveling up herbalism, spots to go etc im falling behind and before i get too far behind to where it takes me days to catch up i wanna get it done now so i can gather as i level and sell off the herbs, so far im lvl 28 and only at 85 herb currently cant gather in the areas i quest in so wanna nip it in the ass, figure i spend 1-2 hours now catching it up rather than kee putting it off and then doing it at some higher lvl im not gonna wanna be bothered doing 6-7 hours to catch up
Wowhead probably has a guide, but if you're Horde my level 20 troll is about 120 herbalism doing northern and central Barrens.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
You're confusing two different things. Lobbies have nothing to do with it, and nobody is asking for a single player game. Try to understand the basic argument before labeling it "crying"

The complaint is that these servers have several times the amount of players the most populated vanilla servers did, but the gameplay was not changed in any way to account for it. Things are overcrowded to the point of inability to do basic shit within the game. Areas that would be previously largely uninhabited are swarming with players every 100 yards, and the majority of quest targets in many areas have people camping their spawn like it was day one starter areas. When I was flying over shimmering flats at around 7est, half the mobs were dead and most of the others had players actively killing them.

Really? Cause I remember when I rolled on a fresh pvp server back in vanilla days it was exactly like it is has been for me here so far with the competition for mobs and people everywhere. The only difference was hillsbrad used to constantly have much bigger rolling pvp fights.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I have been torn between wanting to rush to 60 and get my pre BIS asap to raid and wanting to set up everything economy wise to make life easier for when I am 60 and the next phases open up.

But we have far less people at level 60 now than I thought we would so the urge to keep up isn't that bad since I don't feel too far behind.

Plus my 5 level 35 tradeskill alts aren't going to level themselves.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I was on Sargeras at launch, it was one of the most populous servers, and we had nothing like the overcrowding in mid level zones I've seen on Incendius. There must have been 200+ people in Thousand Needles last night, which is not exactly known for being a hotspot of activity.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I semi socked to 60 because I had a finite window to go hard and now I’m really time limited after my vacation ended. I also don’t really care about the leveling journey to what I consider the real journey. And now I know I need to run a hundred dungeons for some gear I know I’ll never actually see drop before phase 5 (hello HoJ).