World of Warcraft: Classic

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah dude, its nto even close to what it was back int he day with 3-4K people on a server. Im betting each layer has 5-6K on whitemane and the overly high pop vanilla servers. Some palces you go to its liek 5 horde and 5 ally trying to farm shit. And everything is dead all around. I dont think quest mobs on this server last more than 10 seconds.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
It is more about the journey for me since I didn't do it the first time. In original I had a 40something rogue, and I think later I got a priest to 50ish, but I totally don't remember the priest.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Back int he day I was kind of meh on the wow stuff. I was a die hard EQ fanboy which I kept going back to. I leveled a few classes to 60 then 70 in TBC but never really did end game shit. I did more of the PvP grind int eh battlegrounds, I really enjoyed that.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Really? Cause I remember when I rolled on a fresh pvp server back in vanilla days it was exactly like it is has been for me here so far with the competition for mobs and people everywhere. The only difference was hillsbrad used to constantly have much bigger rolling pvp fights.

These servers have several times the capacity as vanilla servers as confirmed by Blizzard. How the fuck are you even arguing this?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I was there for beta and the opening of original WoW, and from my memory, the crowds were NOTHING compared to what have been on these WoW Classic servers. There was a lot of people, but it was no where in the ballpark compared to the thousands of people on each layer on these servers.

Now the one thing I have noticed is that "the crowd" is moving for the most part together in a level range. For instance, if you create a new character today during prime time on your server, you will not see tons of people there. You will see a healthy number of people, but you won't see shit tons of people around your level. Login to a level 20-30 character, and you will see a ton of people. In a week, they will be 30-40. There is a bubble of population moving through the level ranges.

That first week (hell even some in the second week) of Classic, I saw upwards of 30 people or more huddling around name spawns for quests waiting for it to spawn. When it would spawn, the mass of people would all swing once, and then someone would run away (the person who got credit). Before the next spawn, that person was replaced by a handful more people. It was insane, and I NEVER saw that back in origianl WoW Beta nor Release.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
im out of gusto, i dont think i wanna play anymore! ill give it a few days. I think my time in MMO's has come to an end.
The downsides to playing like a manic the last couple of weeks though is I know I have wasted my time and some by taking a break more I oddly probably would have leveled faster, I have also had a couple of times after longer than normal play sessions finding myself to get irritated at shit that normally wouldn’t bother me, so I’ll probably cut back to more reasonable hours soon enough, the positive side with having Sebudai leading this with me is the board has picked up a fair number of new registered users as well even though I am sure many will simply lurk.

Yeah - that's the key. Don't keep playing past the point of boredom/frustration. Don't ever force yourself. That leads to burnout. I've been there, done that, with EQ and WoW release. Now I have a rule where I don't go past 20 minutes of frustration, even if it's "just to finish this thing that is easier to finish now rather than later, just 10 more minutes..." Like this fucing quest in Arathi that is an elite collection quest that requires 15 badges. Dear god. That took 2 hours for our full group to get, but luckily we were having fun and chatting so it was bearable. But there were points where I was annoyed and bored and probably should have just logged out. But it's like... 2 group members got to 15 and I was still only on 5, and they stayed for me even though they desperately wanted to go, because it would have been a shitty thing to do to leave after finishing. So then you have stuff like that, where you feel obligated, so it's tricky. It's just important not to push yourself past that point too often, it's simply never worth whatever the reward is. Whether it's loot, exp, loyalty or whatever. This is your FREE time and it's meant to be spent in enjoyment and fulfillment, don't fuck it up.

I agree though, I am loving it. I'm only 36 though. However my /played is enough to have hit 60, but I love trading so I've been spending a lot of time doing that, even though I would have earned more gold just playing and leveling, I did it because I enjoy it and now I know the economy inside and out on my server and have 2 bags full of twink/alt blues, which for me is fun.

I was there for beta and the opening of original WoW, and from my memory, the crowds were NOTHING compared to what have been on these WoW Classic servers. There was a lot of people, but it was no where in the ballpark compared to the thousands of people on each layer on these servers.

Same. I've been playing WoW since there were only 4 classes, and I've never seen anything like this outside of TBC release, which probably only seemed worse because of no layers/phases.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Try leveling less through questing more from grinding remote places and dungeons.

Works a lot better than trying to compete in hillsbrad arathi and stv imho

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yeah and those herds of people waiting around for name spawns is why they stay in the herds. It's been super easy to find quiet spots to grind in peace almost the entire time I've played.

I personally cannot wait until the server is top heavy and everyone is forced to fight over resources in open world.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You're confusing two different things. Lobbies have nothing to do with it, and nobody is asking for a single player game. Try to understand the basic argument before labeling it "crying"

The complaint is that these servers have several times the amount of players the most populated vanilla servers did, but the gameplay was not changed in any way to account for it. Things are overcrowded to the point of inability to do basic shit within the game. Areas that would be previously largely uninhabited are swarming with players every 100 yards, and the majority of quest targets in many areas have people camping their spawn like it was day one starter areas. When I was flying over shimmering flats at around 7est, half the mobs were dead and most of the others had players actively killing them.

To expand on this: This is Feralas

vxpigcf.jpg

Have you ever actually seen another player in Feralas? I have not.

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
I honestly feel like layering is going to continue to bite these retards in the ass. These type of games just don’t lend themselves to this kind of bullshit.

Also the server pops even with layering feel to big. We will see how it all plays out. In the end though unless assloads of people quit they have shit the bed badly with their refusal to make more and better servers. They also keep offering these transfers but nobody is willing to take them.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Yeah, currently stuck in the herd, around level 44. It's semi-impossible to do quests unless you login during workhours so time to grind boys. Been taking it easy this week tho, just catching up tradeskills, watching movies with the wife. I got most of the cooking quest knocked out at least which is good with how fucked it is questing now.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I have been torn between wanting to rush to 60 and get my pre BIS asap to raid and wanting to set up everything economy wise to make life easier for when I am 60 and the next phases open up.

But we have far less people at level 60 now than I thought we would so the urge to keep up isn't that bad since I don't feel too far behind.

Plus my 5 level 35 tradeskill alts aren't going to level themselves.

Wait, you have 5 level 35's already?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I honestly feel like layering is going to continue to bite these retards in the ass. These type of games just don’t lend themselves to this kind of bullshit.

Also the server pops even with layering feel to big. We will see how it all plays out. In the end though unless assloads of people quit they have shit the bed badly with their refusal to make more and better servers. They also keep offering these transfers but nobody is willing to take them.

They rolled out that shit a week too late. If this happened the first week, when we had queues of 15-20K you bet your ass people would have transferred. Now? Hehe, good luck.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I don't understand why everyone is crying about areas being populated... was it not a lot of you's complaint that WoW turned into a single player game with a lobby for dailies and no player interaction? But now when Classic comes out and there is player interaction and people around doing things, you wish it was a single player game with a lobby for dungeons?

People want community, not overpopulation. Don't make retarded arguments on the same level with:

"I don't understand why you guys are complaining about queues. I mean, wasn't your complaint that WoW turned into an ez mode login and solo game? Now you get to sit in line with thousands of other players! Isn't this the multiplayer experience you were looking for?"

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Gotta remember that vanilla was like 5k players spread across the entire server. Lesser visited areas were always pretty quiet. Places like Desolace, Arathi, Ferelas etc... had a handful of people at any time. This is 15k+, with layering not being applied to those areas, resulting in populations that would have been appropriate for vanilla's more populated areas, but in these low populated ones.

I saw 30 people trying to kill raptors in Arathi last night, with another 30 chilling in the inn, and probably 100+ other players in other areas of Arathi. The most I'd see in vanilla (even at release) was maybe 50 tops.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
To expand on this: This is Feralas

vxpigcf.jpg

Have you ever actually seen another player in Feralas? I have not.

Ive been there for two or three days.

Theres people but a lot less than elsewhere.

Great place to level early 40s still for sure lots of remote corners to hide and grind in away from people too

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ive been there for two or three days.

Theres people but a lot less than elsewhere.

Great place to level early 40s still for sure lots of remote corners to hide and grind in away from people too

Joana had you got there at 45ish do a few quest runs and im out. The only one that sucked was the one with the hyppoglyphs which drops those metallic whatchamacallits which have a 50% drop rate and you need 40 of them. But thank god while I was doing that no one else was around, so had the whole place to myself. I also made like 12 gold ther from drops and skins killing roughly 80 of them. Oh and that one ogre quest sucked whch had you killing the warlocks and shaman, yeah, that one was camped to all hell. Horde and ally too, we even had some skirmishes there which was cool.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Questing isn't really that efficient a way to xp really. It helps but you can do just as well just finding a corner and grinding for the same amount of time.