World of Warcraft: Classic

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
in Gnomeregan there's a shortcut right near the entrance that can take you to the 2nd boss down below. Just make your way around a little until you're above that big gear that sticks up on the floor below. You can actually jump down and land on that without aggroing everything else around, even the boss. Then just walk down the gear and start clearing slimes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dalien

Registered Hodor
in Gnomeregan there's a shortcut right near the entrance that can take you to the 2nd boss down below. Just make your way around a little until you're above that big gear that sticks up on the floor below. You can actually jump down and land on that without aggroing everything else around, even the boss. Then just walk down the gear and start clearing slimes.

If you're 35+ and can use staves it's worth farming the water elemental boss down there for Hydrocane. I killed him a couple times at 34 as frost spec (he's immune to frost) and it was a pain the dick, but it should be pretty easy for most specs. He's not much stronger than the trash elementals down there.

I'll go back and farm him until I get it when I'm 40 or so and he's not such a pain, I look forward to drowning some sheep.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I dont even know the correct way down, every group I've ever had has done this.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
That's why he gets so many viewers, it's not like WoW is exciting to watch in any way whatsoever (outside of world firsts or high end pvp if you care about that kind of thing)

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dude could be a pop radio host since he just never fucking shuts up for 2 seconds. Holy hell, he can talk!

He also says very wise things such as "I'm not a ninja looter, just because I lost the roll doesn't mean I don't get the item"

• 1Rustled
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I really didn't miss this "LFM just need a tank" for hours shit, because all the tanks have PTSD from all the spergs 20-50, and have now rerolled mage/priest/warlock. Hunter still sitting at 59, I just don't have the motivation to build & rebuild groups for 55+ stuff for hours.

Warrior is 37 now, holy fuck people are retarded. Everyone expects the tank to do absolutely everything, including all the thinking for them. I even had one healer suggest I start bandaging and using pots more, so they could save mana for DPS. What the fuck. Do i need to start asking these people if they need a nappy time halfway through the run too?

Love the fact I can drop a shit group and nearly instantly have another though. The Dude abides, I don't.

I've been "Blacklisted" so many times apparently, I have no clue how my War keeps getting groups.

• 6Like
  • 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Kiki

Log Wizard
Getting groups as a hunter is a dick. I've skipped like 4 dungeons now, my gear is okayish not like it matters in BM spec I can still pull aggro, but my leveling has probably slowed down. Should be 52 today at least. Coming from a priest main and a tank it's quite a different experience than what I'm used to, I pretty much just leveled in dungeons 24/7 before.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Getting groups as a hunter is a dick. I've skipped like 4 dungeons now, my gear is okayish not like it matters in BM spec I can still pull aggro, but my leveling has probably slowed down. Should be 52 today at least. Coming from a priest main and a tank it's quite a different experience than what I'm used to, I pretty much just leveled in dungeons 24/7 before.
Now, just eat or bandage after every kill that takes ~35 seconds and you’ll be at the world questing pace of a rogue!

• 3Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
I really didn't miss this "LFM just need a tank" for hours shit, because all the tanks have PTSD from all the spergs 20-50, and have now rerolled mage/priest/warlock. Hunter still sitting at 59, I just don't have the motivation to build & rebuild groups for 55+ stuff for hours.

Warrior is 37 now, holy fuck people are retarded. Everyone expects the tank to do absolutely everything, including all the thinking for them. I even had one healer suggest I start bandaging and using pots more, so they could save mana for DPS. What the fuck. Do i need to start asking these people if they need a nappy time halfway through the run too?

Love the fact I can drop a shit group and nearly instantly have another though. The Dude abides, I don't.

I've been "Blacklisted" so many times apparently, I have no clue how my War keeps getting groups.
It is pretty nice as a tank. I now put very tight requirements on my groups:

"LF DPS LBRS, must be in BRM already"

Still get like 5 tells.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This AE farm meta shit is annoying as fuck. I like the group rolls in classic, not this annoying spam combat from Cata+

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah tanks are rare as fuck, even on retail they were still rare as fuck from memory when I played like 2 months back waiting on vanilla. Was always LFD waiting on tank.

Its funny but youre always seeing shit like LF Tank and Healer and GTG all the time in general, so you DONT have a group then and youre def not GTG.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Being a decent tank in a pug dungeon setting requires basically being an alpha male. You have to take point, correct people, and at least act like you are responsible even if you let other people handle general direction - ideally you cover that too and know the dungeon well. Most wow players (its even worse in eq's lfg world) are not type a so they don't want to take the lead, be in the front, or hang onto responsibility.

If you want successful groups as a class like hunter, you kinda need to be assertive. You have to ask warriors to come - not "/1 lf tank and gtg" ask, I mean /who and start chatting ask. Then consider floating some of that stess onto yourself - if they don't take the lead, you do it. Mark targets. Call directions. Yell for a pause. Etc.

If you just want to play a dps well and wreck mobs and not have to do all that administrative bullshit? Totally understandable... but so does 95% of the playerbase around you.

• 1Truth!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Asmond is attacing org with all his guilds, there is hundreds if not more, lol

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tanking is a total pain in classic, or rather the average WoW player makes it a total pain for you. It's a lot better a few expansions in when you get better multi target and rage generation tools so you can get some solid aggro off the bat and aren't running after shit all the time.

I have no problem doing the prima donna tank act if I have to, just not sure I want to even bother anymore.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
This AE farm meta shit is annoying as fuck. I like the group rolls in classic, not this annoying spam combat from Cata+

Got into a ZF group yesterday with all vanilla vets that felt the same way. We spent the run shooting the shit and having a nice relaxed time. It was great.

• 1Like