World of Warcraft: Classic

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Everyone should go to this post and reply/complain/signal boost:

Currently shamans suck, lets make them not suck by allowing group-moving while in combat.
Hey fags, go reply to this thread on the blizzard forums. Liking this post on the FOH forums doesn't do anything. You know this, right?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

The level of escalation over the course of this video is mind-blowing. I don't know of any other game where stuff like this can happen in these kinds of numbers.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Hydrocane claims it's first victim:

8ODbUKM.jpg

Went back to try the Gnomeregan water elemental boss at 36 with new ranks of mana shield and fireball and he was much easier, and he dropped it.

Went to Desolace to get the +20 fishing pole from the crab traps near the Horde town. 40 rogue stealth ganks me while I'm fighting a crab. Went back and sheeped him until he drowned. He was so close to the air bubbles too...

• 6Like
  • 4Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

The level of escalation over the course of this video is mind-blowing. I don't know of any other game where stuff like this can happen in these kinds of numbers.

Warhammer Online had a good idea when they tried to go the mass PvP route. It's too bad it didn't work. A game that was all about literal army versus army combat would be really cool.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Warhammer Online had a good idea when they tried to go the mass PvP route. It's too bad it didn't work. A game that was all about literal army versus army combat would be really cool.

Too bad none of these games ever could handle massive battles like this. It was a slideshow in Warhammer, and its still a slideshow in WoW, at least major ones like Asmonds army. The fucker damn near killed the server.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Randomly found one of the rarest items in the game. it's like... mega mega ultra super duper rare.

For all the good it does me on Classic...

"It has taken me over 17,000 kills (a low estimate, to be sure) over a course of over two and a half years of my life to obtain both this hat and the Macaw from grinding pirates alone"

Woulda preferred a Staff of Jordan or something. Still, pretty cool to get something so rare just on accident questing.

WoWScrnShot_092119_070513.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Lucked out with the rare worg (Deathmaw?) from Burning Steppes. Yeah not crazy fast bugged version that used to exist, but still 1.2 speed. Saves me from leveling one from SFK all the way from 18-19. Group pet dealt with early.

I gotta admit, I'm glad that Scholo is the nerfed one, killing hordes of respawning trash used to fucking suck. Stuff still respawns, but considerably less.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Priests with the martyrdom talent in discipline tree take zero damage from crits if they have a shield up. Confirmed using reckless on my priest friend, nice bug.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

I fucking died at the ride of the rohirim shit in there... rofl.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Too bad none of these games ever could handle massive battles like this. It was a slideshow in Warhammer, and its still a slideshow in WoW, at least major ones like Asmonds army. The fucker damn near killed the server.

I think the future of the genre really needs to move away from hardcoded factions. Armies fighting and shit always sounds good... on paper. But you run into the major issues of population imbalance and unique class imbalance. Look no further than Dark Ages of Camelot. Despite how awesome it was and how many generally innovative features they included to encourage army vs army battles it just had way too many problems. Even if you intentionally design whacky ass classes per faction to fight class imbalance (Midgard Healer CC God rofl, dual casting vampires) it didn't help the faction imbalance at all.

Let people choose what races/classes they want and the faction baggage that goes along with them.

• 2Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Solo questing on the weekends is basically undoable and I really, really don't understand why so many people decline group invites for simple kill quests. It bottles the mind. I'm level 40 and losing any motivation

• 1Like

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Lost mine as well, every quest location is camped and people barely group to finish a quest. They would rather race you to the tag in hopes of getting all the mob xp.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I'd like to see them do some changes to the factinos in the next expansion. Have "traitor"quest lines to switch faction as in EQ2. I've for example never understood why Tauren shamen and druids who venerate The Earth Mother team up willingly with undead abominations.

• 1Solidarity

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Yeah it is extremely frustrating trying to complete some quests. I'm lucky in that I can play in the late / early AM's, but even then... as soon as like, 8am pst/11am est rolls around, it starts getting ridiculous. Any time after that and I don't even bother.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Solo questing on the weekends is basically undoable and I really, really don't understand why so many people decline group invites for simple kill quests. It bottles the mind. I'm level 40 and losing any motivation
Lost mine as well, every quest location is camped and people barely group to finish a quest. They would rather race you to the tag in hopes of getting all the mob xp.
And this is why I had no desire to play Classic again. Tagging mobs as a warlock was absolute cancer to my patience and ability to quest my way to 60, because (iirc) dots had to do damage to tag it and that got old fast.

• 1Solidarity