World of Warcraft: Classic

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Power blinked a few minutes ago due to thunderstorm. Internet reset. Got disconnected. Now I'm in a 40 minute queue. Fuck.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Rustled
Reactions: 3 users

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Dude could be a pop radio host since he just never fucking shuts up for 2 seconds. Holy hell, he can talk!

It’s absolutely incredible. I threw him on while I worked from home for 8 hours and he never stopped talking. Man is a fucking robot

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Had another relaxed instance run with 4 fun people doing all of Mara. We all ended up adding eachother to friendslist by the end and all that rainbows & sunshine nonsense. This was the sort of stuff that made me fall in love with the game to begin with.

The only time people talk in retail is to screech at eachother.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Being a decent tank in a pug dungeon setting requires basically being an alpha male. You have to take point, correct people, and at least act like you are responsible even if you let other people handle general direction - ideally you cover that too and know the dungeon well. Most wow players (its even worse in eq's lfg world) are not type a so they don't want to take the lead, be in the front, or hang onto responsibility.

If you want successful groups as a class like hunter, you kinda need to be assertive. You have to ask warriors to come - not "/1 lf tank and gtg" ask, I mean /who and start chatting ask. Then consider floating some of that stess onto yourself - if they don't take the lead, you do it. Mark targets. Call directions. Yell for a pause. Etc.

If you just want to play a dps well and wreck mobs and not have to do all that administrative bullshit? Totally understandable... but so does 95% of the playerbase around you.
The majority of my issues will disappear as I get to know more people on my server. I started fresh not knowing a single person. That was the key thing to groups I remember from Vanilla, being social, and keeping track of the chill people to group with. Sometimes it's just not worth the effort, like the middle of the night. Then it's just better to play LFG lottery, and hit that LFG macro once every 10 minutes, while you doing other stuff, and sometimes luck out.

Personally I'm glad there's tons of warlocks around, that's my essential slot to fill right there. Oh and bribing tanks i.e. offering to cover repair bill. That right there gets me more results than anything, because I recall I didn't want to risk tanking for randoms wearing plate, and leaving the dungeon with less than I started. I'll likely start doing the let the tank roll need on some shit people don't need thing soon too, mainly to save my own cash.

I don't mind leading the way as a tank, I loved tanking during WotLK, I just can't stand all the retards that act like everyone should feel grateful they even bothered to join your group, because of their vast, bleeding edge knowledge. I'm a mythical raider that banged my head against bosses hundreds of times before we killed it for months on end, bow before me! (Not directed at anyone here, that's the kinda shit I regularly deal with, and 99% of the time they full of shit)

It's Classic WoW, have a little patience, calm your tits, and everyone will have a good time. Shit will get better when the little spergs get bored and find a new shiny.

I just want to have fun, and enjoy some old school style MMO gameplay, where I can socialize while we murderhobo dungeons, without the DDR for the fingers shit that exists in modern WoW. That was the appeal of TLP EQ, and that's why I'm here playing this shit again.

Really wish the server queue wasn't so bad for Whitemane, I'd be having a lot more fun playing with people here I've already played WoW with. My Legion experience was awesome. A lot of really skilled players, that didn't act like fucking retards. WTB PL when I can reliably login to the server on demand.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I had a group of 51/52 in BRD last night and we ended up doing 2 runs. The last of which we killed everything except magmus and emp. Was enjoyable, no one got mad, we all knew we were too low to really push in as far as we did, but everyone played well and took it slow. The priest and mage walked out with like 4-5 pre raid bis pieces. Was a nice change of pace and what I was hoping for more than the herp derp aoe stuff.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
AbC7RN4.png

a better feeling than most upgrades.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

FREE CHARACTER MOVES COMING FOR THIS REGION - SEPT. 19
WoW Classic General Discussion

Sep 18

1 / 91
Sep 19

1h ago

Kaivax
242 posts
Community Manager
13h

Tomorrow, Thursday, September 19 at 11:00 a.m. PDT (2:00 p.m. EDT), we will open the following Free Character Moves for realms in the Americas and Oceania:
FROMTO
ArugalFelstriker
BenedictionEarthfury
BenedictionHeartseeker
BigglesworthAnathema
BigglesworthArcanite Reaper
BlaumeuxAnathema
BlaumeuxArcanite Reaper
FaerlinaEarthfury
FaerlinaHeartseeker
FairbanksAnathema
FairbanksArcanite Reaper
GrobbulusAnathema
GrobbulusArcanite Reaper
GrobbulusDeviate Delight
HerodEarthfury
HerodHeartseeker
IncendiusEarthfury
IncendiusHeartseeker
KirtonosEarthfury
KirtonosHeartseeker
KromcrushEarthfury
KromcrushHeartseeker
KurinnaxxAnathema
KurinnaxxArcanite Reaper
MankrikWindseeker
PagleWindseeker
RattlegoreAnathema
RattlegoreArcanite Reaper
SkeramEarthfury
SkeramHeartseeker
StalaggEarthfury
StalaggHeartseeker
SulfurasEarthfury
SulfurasHeartseeker
ThalnosEarthfury
ThalnosHeartseeker
ThunderfuryAnathema
ThunderfuryArcanite Reaper
WestfallWindseeker
WhitemaneAnathema
WhitemaneArcanite Reaper
YojambaFelstriker
All of the above are in addition to Free Character Moves which will become available from all PvP realms to the new Latin American 119 and Brazilian 73 realms.
At this time, we do not yet have a final time when we will turn off the Free Character Moves listed above, however, we expect that time to be no earlier than Monday, September 23. As always, we strongly encourage you to utilize the Free Character Move service as soon as possible. Free Character Moves will be closed without warning for any destination realm that becomes full.
We will update this thread with a closure time for this round of Free Character Moves as soon as we have it finalized.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
AbC7RN4.png

a better feeling than most upgrades.
Last week someone put a bunch of runecloth bags up at the same price as silk by mistake, roughly 1g 50s I think. Bought all that shit up, and now me and alts have good bags, and I made a tidy profit off the rest. Lucky for sure.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Yeah I had a group of 51/52 in BRD last night and we ended up doing 2 runs. The last of which we killed everything except magmus and emp. Was enjoyable, no one got mad, we all knew we were too low to really push in as far as we did, but everyone played well and took it slow. The priest and mage walked out with like 4-5 pre raid bis pieces. Was a nice change of pace and what I was hoping for more than the herp derp aoe stuff.
I forgot how hellish the Torch room in BRD was until I did it again the first time, with no real AOE along. Glorious.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Everyone should go to this post and reply/complain/signal boost:

Currently shamans suck, lets make them not suck by allowing group-moving while in combat.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
A quick general question about keybindings and movement, not just for WoW classic, but WoW in general (and I suppose most MMOs):

I've long been wondering about changing my movement keybindings. Since forever I've had the standard QWEASD for all movement, but in truth, with right click turning and L+Rclick forward moving, the only buttons I use are Q and E for strafing, and very, very occasionally S for backwards. I have therefore been wondering about reassigning at least AWD, and possibly even the other three. I could, for example, map the two side buttons to strafing. Do I ever need to walk backwards? I could then map the movement keys to abilities I use most.

What have you folks done? Anyone tried this either in WoW or other MMOs?

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I walk backwards when tanking or repositioning a mob because the pathing is a mess and trying to move too fast usually has it over correcting and moving way too much.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
A quick general question about keybindings and movement, not just for WoW classic, but WoW in general (and I suppose most MMOs):

I've long been wondering about changing my movement keybindings. Since forever I've had the standard QWEASD for all movement, but in truth, with right click turning and L+Rclick forward moving, the only buttons I use are Q and E for strafing, and very, very occasionally S for backwards. I have therefore been wondering about reassigning at least AWD, and possibly even the other three. I could, for example, map the two side buttons to strafing. Do I ever need to walk backwards? I could then map the movement keys to abilities I use most.

What have you folks done? Anyone tried this either in WoW or other MMOs?

I would change the Q and E to abilities.

My gaming muscle memory is hard bound to wasd movement

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I'm not often playing a tank, but I see how it would be good to walk backwards then.

As for muscle memory, it's the same with me, but I live in hope that I'm still young enough to adapt lol.

The way it is now is that I use my left hand to punch abilities in the 1-6 and F1-F4 range, but mouse click all the ones outside of that range. I mean, it works, I've done well raiding like that, but I keep thinking I could do better.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Yeah, I'm not often playing a tank, but I see how it would be good to walk backwards then.

As for muscle memory, it's the same with me, but I live in hope that I'm still young enough to adapt lol.

The way it is now is that I use my left hand to punch abilities in the 1-6 and F1-F4 range, but mouse click all the ones outside of that range. I mean, it works, I've done well raiding like that, but I keep thinking I could do better.

One of the stereotypes about old vanilla players is clicking abilities, lol.

With a good gaming mouse and shift/ctrl modifiers you shouldn't need to click anything.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

If you are relearning your keys anyways you might try ESDF for movement (shift over 1). It frees up 3 more keys for your free little finger. Takes a bit of getting use to but it allows for convenient access to more abilities. And the tab key, etc. are still easy to reach. It also means I don't have to buy a Naga and deal with all of that. A multi button mouse is helpful though.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
What have you folks done?
I have redefined Q and E as well as ^ (which is the upper left key on a german keyboard) and < Y X (which are the keys right of the left shift key) in a hotkey setup. Works well, especially in combination with Alt and Shift, which are my modifiers:
hotkeys.jpg

What surprised me was that "Shift-W" and "Shift-S" also work really well.

• 1Like